Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Trudeau Wins Re-Election By Minority

Featured Posts

Economy

Finally results and election is over. Trudeau and his Liberals are re-elected but as predicted by minority this time 

Conservatives won seats this election

However should the Centre-Wing Liberals consider a co-alition with a left party such as the NDP or the Green Party this will actually increase left-wing political influence

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/trudeau-overcomes-scandals-to-win-second-term-in-federal-election-1.1335068

Edited by Economy
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, LazyTurtle said:

That means we will see more cute Trudeau's socks? :flutter:

Socks? disgusted ew GIF by HiHo Kids

I'll be looking at his face when he appears on TV :rip:

Trillion Reasons
8 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Socks? disgusted ew GIF by HiHo Kids

I'll be looking at his face when he appears on TV :rip:

Here you can look at his face and at socks as well. :ohwell:

4892417F00000578-5312803-image-a-29_1516

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Lord Temptation
5 minutes ago, box said:

Really?:diane:

He is a good looking fake person, the worst kind. So...reluctantly, yeah really :bradley:

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

box
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

He is a good looking fake person, the worst kind. So...reluctantly, yeah really :bradley:

Omg, sorry. I was on the wrong topic. I thought you said gurl bye to phoebe buffet who is deleting her account. Not a great day. Sorry:saladga:

• Love 1

homomo

I think the funniest thing about this election so far is that Saskatchewan now suddenly wants to become its own country... :wtfga:

Economy
9 minutes ago, homomo said:

I think the funniest thing about this election so far is that Saskatchewan now suddenly wants to become its own country... :wtfga:

Like Alberta and Quebec

what a lively United Country we got :vegas:

• LMAO 2

ItsTommyBitch

Rip Minority... but at least y'all didnt get the alternative.

Canada stays smarter than the U.S. :laughga: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Like 3

JourneyToAvalon

This is good, right? Cuz I'm planning to go there and this better be good for me. 

In that case..

giphy.gif

Economy
12 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Agreed hes a people pleaser. Im no Trudeau or Liberal fan

but im more concerned with the party as a whole than i al with Trudeau as a person

For example the Green Party leader Elizabeth May seems like the most genuine person but it doesnt mean id ever vote for her cuz her extreme policies would impoverish Canada in a snap. They make the NDP seem like extreme Capitalists by comparison and the NDP are already considered a Left Leaning party

Anyway I disliked the alternatives more so while im not too pleased with the Liberals im glad they won

usually i support the Conservatives but this time around they promised too mamy little wasteful things i didnt agree with not to mention a couple of their ideas to tackle the housing crisis i feel could actually make matters worse

Overall taxation plans and the major policies that affect the economy the most is actually pretty similar between both parties (Trudeaus party is Centre Wing not left so its not a polar opposite to the Conservatives) so it doesnt make a big difference anyway

Exept for the Carbon tax which is the one major thing, everything else they disagree on is little pocketbook issues which i actually disagree with the Conservatives on this time around

Corporate taxes, business taxes and income taxes as well as most regulation would stay mostly the same under both parties with only minor adjustments depending on who won

if the NDP or Green Party won, then the changes would be bigger

• Like 1

Economy
11 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Rip Minority... but at least y'all didnt get the alternative.

Canada stays smarter than the U.S. :laughga: 

The Alternative (if u mean Conservatives) ran on a platform that was 90% the same :rip:

The Carbon tax was the only major thing that was different everything else they disagreed on was minnor stuff that on the grand scheme of things wont make a huge difference 

The Conservatives are the 2nd most Right Wing party (after the Peoples party of Canada which is the far right but they never win) and the Liberals are the 3rd most right wing right after the Conservatives, the Liberals are kinda right in the middle of the Spectrum

On social issues u see some differences on the Liberals being more progressive but on economics the two parties arent a huge difference 

For example The Liberals raised the top income bracket from 29% to 33%. All other taxes like Corporate taxes, businesses taxes and investment taxes they Left exactly the same as when the Conservatives were in power before and they are fine with them the way they are

both parties also support pipelines and oil sand development

The Liberals are a bit more left overall but its not a huge difference 

Edited by Economy

JustinTrudeau

What a good morning everyone! :D 

I can change my title to Prime Minister again. Looking forward to serving GGD for the next 4 years as well in my lunch breaks in Ottawa :)

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 4
  • Love 1