💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga: “Don't listen to others. You’re the artist”

Stef

Featured Posts

rumours

*Meanwhile, Adam Levine is seen in the background, being fired from his now obsolete role as "The Art Police" in the once-great nation of Oblivia*

Xoxo Adriana
2 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Random but preach queen! :tony:

ranDAMN she's a queen!:party:

Me waiting for Gaga to say: “Don't listen to others. You’re the artist”

but the she ends up saying “But I listened to somebody else... Don’t do it you are the artist”...

I was lied to :neyde:

Hottie Detector

AlexanderMagno

I'm sorry, but is this coming from the same person who has basically changed her whole persona and artistry after she started to show signs of commercial underperformance and mixed critical reception? :reductive:

Ladle Ghoulash
8 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I'm sorry, but is this coming from the same person who has basically changed her whole persona and artistry after she started to show signs of commercial underperformance and mixed critical reception? :reductive:

Pretty sure that change was mounting for longer than we realize. Imo, her hip injury caused her to re-evaluate a lot and probably exacerbated her unprocessed trauma that resulted in her shedding the Lady Gaga persona as we know it. ARTPOP is basically about the deconstruction of her persona.

NewUsername
25 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

who's to say she wasn't the artist that decided that for herself back then? :ohwell:

24 minutes ago, zebulonpyke said:

Pretty sure that change was mounting for longer than we realize. Imo, her hip injury caused her to re-evaluate a lot and probably exacerbated her unprocessed trauma that resulted in her shedding the Lady Gaga persona as we know it. ARTPOP is basically about the deconstruction of her persona.

I'm sorry. You go experience overwork to the point of exhaustion, betrayal by those close to you, experience a serious disease which by the way there will never be any physical proof of being real, and probably put PTSD and depression on top of all that. 

You'd reevaluate your life too. 

ChromeAngel
1 hour ago, zebulonpyke said:

What does ARTPOP have to do with “the deconstruction of her persona”? I mean, I get ARTPOP “could mean anything” but I think that’s the exception 

Ladle Ghoulash
6 hours ago, ChromeAngel said:

What does ARTPOP have to do with “the deconstruction of her persona”? I mean, I get ARTPOP “could mean anything” but I think that’s the exception 

“Do you wanna see the girl who lives behind the aura?”, The entire deconstructed Gaga image we see in the Applause video and in the VMA performance (her showing is her as the artist creating the image, instead of being fully immersed in it), and the album concept being both a reveal of one of the core concepts of her career and one that provides thematic closure for the first four albums of her career as well (The Fame being Gaga commenting on celebrity vs. ARTPOP Gaga’s voice as the actual artist with the platform) 

Ladle Ghoulash
7 hours ago, Seeka said:

I'm sorry. You go experience overwork to the point of exhaustion, betrayal by those close to you, experience a serious disease which by the way there will never be any physical proof of being real, and probably put PTSD and depression on top of all that. 

You'd reevaluate your life too. 

My thoughts exactly. 

gagzus
8 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Yes. And she (the artist) made that decision to shed a public persona that her old team and most fans were trying to TELL her to keep. 

Plus, this video was from after said time and her personality has always been this at it’s core and has never changed. Only her public persona and image did (thankfully).

Archived