Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Edited by Morphine Prince
The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

LateToCult

Yang low key surprised me. I thought he would be out by now but he’s rounding up the top 5 here. Also someone remind me who Bullock is.  :air:

• Like 1

Haus Swiftie

love that for my state 

Gaga ❤️Taylor ❤️Marina ❤️Carly Rae ❤️Britney ❤️P!nk ❤️Shania ❤️
  • YAAAS 1

PartySick

So how does one poll have him the one one beating Trump but the other poll has Biden and Warren with nearly twice as much support as him :huh:

Maybe I'm just tired and busy so I'm paying minimal attention but one result conflicts with another.

Unless Iowans are actually saying "I'll only support my 2nd/3rd choice in the general election, but if my 1st choice wins then I'm voting Trump"

#KeepAmericaGreatAgain 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

the Devil of Pop
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

So how does one poll have him the one one beating Trump but the other poll has Biden and Warren with nearly twice as much support as him :huh:

Maybe I'm just tired and busy so I'm paying minimal attention but one result conflicts with another.

Unless Iowans are actually saying "I'll only support my 2nd/3rd choice in the general election, but if my 1st choice wins then I'm voting Trump"

More registered Democrats, those who would be voting in the primary, would choose Biden and Warren 

But more Independents and anti-Trump Repubs would choose Bernie instead of Trump, whereas with the other 2 they might vote Trump instead

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

PartySick
Just now, the Devil of Pop said:

More registered Democrats, those who would be voting in the primary, would choose Biden and Warren 

But more Independents and anti-Trump Repubs would choose Bernie instead of Trump, whereas with the other 2 they might vote Trump instead

Oof duh.

Thanks, I'm out and about taking glances and not thinking :sleep: 

• Like 1

derpmonster
16 minutes ago, PartySick said:

What others already said

+ Iowa is the most important for now because it tends to the set the tone for the primaries and tends to generally be very representative of what ends up happening. 

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/

Morphine Prince
34 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

What others already said

+ Iowa is the most important for now because it tends to the set the tone for the primaries and tends to generally be very representative of what ends up happening. 

I hate that so much importance is set on Iowa, New Hampshire. Literally non-factors in the general tbh. 

• Like 1

Born To Slay
59 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I hate that so much importance is set on Iowa, New Hampshire. Literally non-factors in the general tbh. 

That’s not really true tho, they’re both swing states. Iowa is one of only 3 states that’s voted for each party twice in the last 4 elections. 

JusKeepBreathin

The margin of error is 3.2%. They are virtually tied. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Morphine Prince
16 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

That’s not really true tho, they’re both swing states. Iowa is one of only 3 states that’s voted for each party twice in the last 4 elections. 

Yeah but they’re 10 EC votes combined. Unless it’s like a 2000 election these two won’t make much impact tbh. Hillary lost by 77 EC votes.

Florida, Michigan, and Pennsylvania seem like the most important of the swing states. That’s 66 EC votes. 

Edited by Morphine Prince

PartySick
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

Yeah but they’re 10 EC votes combined. Unless it’s like a 2000 election these two won’t make much impact tbh. Hillary lost by 77 EC votes.

Florida, Michigan, and Pennsylvania seem like the most important of the swing states. That’s 66 EC votes. 

Florida's going for Trump again I'm sure.

Only trash lives here :huntyga: Trump trash and other trash like me tbh.

• LMAO 2

RAMROD

All these polls don't matter when electoral college holds the actual power.  Five times in history, presidential candidates have won the popular vote but lost the Electoral College.  All the others have been balanced between popular and electoral votes. These candidates need to just be nice and convinced them enough to give their vote to them. And we never know who these people are.  

Choosing each state's Electors is a two-part process.  The first part of the process is controlled by the political parties in each state and varies from state to state. Generally, the parties either nominate slates of potential Electors at their state party conventions or they chose them by a vote of the party's central committee.  This first part of the process results in each Presidential candidate having their own unique slate of potential Electors. Political parties often choose Electors for the slate to recognize their service and dedication to that political party. They may be state elected officials, state party leaders, or people in the state who have a personal or political affiliation with their party's Presidential candidate.

The second part of the process happens on Election Day. When the voters in each state cast votes for the Presidential candidate of their choice they are voting to select their state's Electors. The potential Electors' names may or may not appear on the ballot below the name of the Presidential candidates, depending on election procedures and ballot formats in each state.

The winning Presidential candidate's slate of potential Electors are appointed as the state's Electors—except in Nebraska and Maine, which have proportional distribution of the Electors. In Nebraska and Maine, the state winner receives two Electors and the winner of each congressional district (who may be the same as the overall winner or a different candidate) receives one Elector. This system permits the Electors from Nebraska and Maine to be awarded to more than one candidate.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ The ♥ Very ♥ Fine ♥ Versatile ♥ Adaptive ♥ And ♥ Most ♥ Revered ♥ Tech ♥ Dandy ♥