💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

QUESTION: one second i'm a koons, then suddenly the koons is me?

June

Featured Posts

what does "one second i'm a koons then suddenly the koons is me" mean from the song, APplause?

PLEASE Applause

one second she is pretending to be a koons sculpture, then she's herself been made into a koons statue :sis: jk idk, my interpretation rn 

Basically "I'm the piece of art on display, and now all the art is made in my image."

Or

"Art imitates life, life imitates art"

Venus Rose

Kunst means art in German, and she does have a history of German (even if its fake) in her music.  Its a double meaning. also, Jeff Koons is an artist who collaborated with her for the ARTPOP visuals. I think she's saying that "one second she's the art, then suddenly the art is her". ARTPOP was all about that, anyways.

lady gaga applause GIF

derpmonster

She's namedropping Koons because he made a sculpture for her. 

Pretty sure originally it was "One second I'm a kunst, then suddenly the kunst is me". I think she even says "one second I'm a Koons, then suddenly the kunst is me" in the final version. 

It means art in German. The idea is that she's an artist but she's also the art itself. ARTPOP set out conceptually to blur the line between art and artist because her entire personality in general but specifically in that era is like a huge performance art piece.

It's a Marina Abromaviç like idea in that there's no boundaries between the recipient of the art and between her as the artist. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Just now, Venus Rose said:

Kunst means art in German, and she does have a history of German (even if its fake) in her music.  Its a double meaning. also, Jeff Koons is an artist who collaborated with her for the ARTPOP visuals. I think she's saying that "one second she's the art, then suddenly the art is her". ARTPOP was all about that, anyways.

lady gaga applause GIF

u are such a sweetheart that is so cute thank u wow

Just now, derpmonster said:

She's namedropping Koons because he made a sculpture for her. 

Pretty sure originally it was "One second I'm a kunst, then suddenly the kunst is me". I think she even says "one second I'm a Koons, then suddenly the kunst is me" in the final version. 

It means art in German. The idea is that she's an artist but she's also the art itself. ARTPOP set out conceptually to blur the line between art and artist because her entire personality in general but specifically in that era is like a huge performance art piece.

thank u

7 minutes ago, neptugne said:

one second she is pretending to be a koons sculpture, then she's herself been made into a koons statue :sis: jk idk, my interpretation rn 

ty

LIKE I LITERALLY didn't even know Kunst was art in German. wtf...

whenever i got a question about a lyric in a song, im totally visiting u all

Ally Campana
Just now, Schizophonic said:

remember the days when everyone thought she sings "c u next tuesday"  insteat...

How? It doesn’t even rhyme well :ladyhaha:

Does it matter? Damage is done

Venus Rose
10 minutes ago, June said:

u are such a sweetheart that is so cute thank u wow

I do it for god and the gheys bb  :kiss:

Schizophonic
10 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

How? It doesn’t even rhyme well :ladyhaha:

the word i didnt wrote is C.U.N.T. ... ;-)

Archived