Stefani Tee
politics

Elizabeth Warren is now leading the 2020 polls

Featured Posts

Maleficent
1 hour ago, ThatBinch said:

But I'm not sure America will vote for a female president.

65 million americans (the majority) did in 2016. Americans will vote for a female president—she just needs to get the electoral college locked down 

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ThatBinch
9 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

65 million americans (the majority) did in 2016. Americans will vote for a female president—she just needs to get the electoral college locked down 

I hope you're right. :vegas:

HorusRa2
3 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

I'm sorry but anyone who is willing to support a candidate who would "change" positions on this over the course of a couple months is absurd. It's obvious to me that you cannot take her on her word. && Honestly, at this point she continues to have to either backtrack or deal with things of her past that do not coincide with what she is saying now. 

In 2016, we had a much worse candidate than Warren in Hillary Clinton, and Warren is going to be facing the same authenticity issues as her. I and many other people said that Trump was going to win 2016 because of this and many people thought there was no way he could win. I was right then and I am right now. There is no way Warren is going to come out of a general election against Donald Trump and win. 

Meanwhile, let's say that for whatever reason Warren does win. I hope you're ready for the next costly war America will enter if she is elected president. She does not have a foreign policy vision and for the positions shes held and the things she has voted for, you can guarantee she is going to be a president who does whatever the military industrial complex tells her to do. 

• Like 2

Miracle

I truly hope she gets elected, as I feel she's the only candidate that could get Trump out of office. Have Bernie as the VP though

• Like 2

malazam
2 hours ago, ThatBinch said:

Depends how the economy goes. It's not looking great for Trump, especially with the impeachment. (And yes I know he won't get impeached but it will damage his campaign.)

Actually not getting impeached will help him win.

another shot before we kiss the other side

ThatBinch
Just now, malazam said:

Actually not getting impeached will help him win.

How so? It will hardly reflect well on his campaign. It would just expose the complicity of Republicans protecting a criminal over their country. But maybe there's something else I'm not considering.

Economy
44 minutes ago, Postboy said:

I would GLADLY vote for Warren if she picks up Bernie’s plan to get money out of politics, just like she’s picked up the rest of his platform. 

Edit: Also, healthcare is my second most important issue. Is she really going to fight for and implement Medicare-for-all?

How dare people from Canada and the UK call a policy such as this “far left” when they get to enjoy their single payer system every day. 

We never said that that was far left. No one here mentioned healthcare specifically 

we were talking about them as a whole

SEANGT
31 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

I'm sorry but anyone who is willing to support a candidate who would "change" positions on this over the course of a couple months is absurd. It's obvious to me that you cannot take her on her word. && Honestly, at this point she continues to have to either backtrack or deal with things of her past that do not coincide with what she is saying now. 

In 2016, we had a much worse candidate than Warren in Hillary Clinton, and Warren is going to be facing the same authenticity issues as her. I and many other people said that Trump was going to win 2016 because of this and many people thought there was no way he could win. I was right then and I am right now. There is no way Warren is going to come out of a general election against Donald Trump and win. 

Meanwhile, let's say that for whatever reason Warren does win. I hope you're ready for the next costly war America will enter if she is elected president. She does not have a foreign policy vision and for the positions shes held and the things she has voted for, you can guarantee she is going to be a president who does whatever the military industrial complex tells her to do. 

I feel like this is taking this news story to the absolute extreme. Also...Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million & barely won the electoral college based on lies and not having a political record. Now he's on the record on things and isn't as believable when he double-talks and promises his BS. He's substantially weaker. All this fear about beating trump is....like....we have to have a good candidate, but it's not going to be harder than last time to beat him. It will be easier. Hillary had a million things against her. Warren...won't have anything near that. 

Anyway editing my post to add, I don't mind if a candidate changes their mind or clarifies their stance. There are a million ways to fundraise that I dont even understand. Right now she's only taking small donations. She wants to reform campaign finance law, election security, and government corruption as a top priority. That in mind, her taking other kinds of money while clarifying she won't be personally courting big donors makes sense to me. 

Edited by SEANGT
  • Like 1

Postboy
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

We never said that that was far left. No one here mentioned healthcare specifically 

we were talking about them as a whole

Medicare-for-all is the cornerstone of Bernie Sanders’ platform. It is arguably the biggest thing that sets him apart from Warren aside from foreign policy. 

To label Sanders as far left, but Warren as the moderate version is to label his single payer proposal as far left. 

But, I don’t want to put any words in your mouth. What warrants the “far left” label for him, but not for Elizabeth Warren?

• Thanks 1

Economy
1 minute ago, Postboy said:

Medicare-for-all is the cornerstone of Bernie Sanders’ platform. It is arguably the biggest thing that sets him apart from Warren aside from foreign policy. 

To label Sanders as far left, but Warren as the moderate version is to label his single payer proposal as far left. 

But, I don’t want to put any words in your mouth. What warrants the “far left” label for him, but not for Elizabeth Warren?

He goes further in many aspect

the net worth taxes he proposes (which few nations have and is a very left policy) goes much harder than warrens proposal.

his green investments and innitiatives also go much further

in general the size of government spending will be higher under Bernie than Warren

Also Bernie is more pro military cuts (which i actually strongly agree with)

theres a lot of things he goes further left on than Warren 

———————-

im listing this one last cuz now i dint remember 100% but i think his student debt releaf ideas are also much higher than warrens

Lilmonzter

I like Warren but she will falter if trump bring up her shortcomings 

Warren is a messy candidate she sometimes make stuff up to make herself look good. Misrepresentation of the facts.

The Pocohontas thing (obvious)

Sanders would be the better and more qualified choice against the melting candle. He's got zero baggage. You can throw anything at him and it's not going to stick.

Edited by Lilmonzter
Veni Vidi Amavi

Redstreak
2 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

All but one or two of his policy proposals are supported by the majority of the country according to every poll. He’s frequently ranked the most liked politician in the country in favorability indexes. Sanders success or failure in the primary won’t really have anything to do with whether he’s too far left, rather than the way the press has marginalized his candidacy from the start, the extent to which this health scare affects the polling, and the liberal reaction to Trump’s presidency. 

That’s been the narrative for a long time, but it’s not really all that accurate, especially on foreign policy. 

Her supporters have repeatedly indicated in the polls that have been conducted that they’re supporting her over someone like Sanders for cultural or personal reasons rather than ideological ones.

I mean in recent polls her share of voters who label themselves as "very left" are actually higher than Sanders so I don't really know how true that it is. To twist her support as just "lol girl power" is very... reductionist

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

RAMROD

Well, she have what Bernie don't, being a woman. She have things that  Bernie also put in his agenda, and then some. We all know how much American wanted a female president already :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ What ♥ A ♥ Fine ♥ Coat ♥ Of ♥ Fur! ♥