DC 25,164 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 I mean doesn't that come more down to preferences than racism? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GoldenPonyboy 2,434 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 Sadly, this opinion is common where i live in canada... and to people saying its a preference not not racism gurl. I like guys with darker hair but i would never say i would never date a guy with blond hair. Its all about the person now if you say that whoever the person is you would never date someone of another race, even if every other criteria was there. Thats racism alright Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,201 Posted October 7, 2019 Author Share Posted October 7, 2019 1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said: Yeah that is not racism! sexual preference is not a choice. We can even see black people who are only attracted to white people. Or whites only attracted to Black people. Some people just like one race. Some just happen to like their own race sexually. Im a Arab but im also white, I am only attracted to white looking Arabs. Is that racist? If its purely a matter of attraction... but i doubt a whole 15% of people are ONLY attracted to their race... i think a good chunk have other reasons Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SeasonOfTheWitch 3,789 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 59 minutes ago, LordEnigma said: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/20-percent-america-thinks-interracial-marriage-morally-wrong-poll-finds-845608%3famp=1 “12% of Democrats” Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,201 Posted October 7, 2019 Author Share Posted October 7, 2019 53 minutes ago, LordEnigma said: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/20-percent-america-thinks-interracial-marriage-morally-wrong-poll-finds-845608%3famp=1 36 minutes ago, Erich Johnson said: i agree 100 % with this I don't want a girlfriend and i'm not sexist for that Theres tones of different races and some people from different races dont even physically look like their race for example some Arabs seriously just look caucasian like, to assume u cant be attracted to anyone else other than ur own specific race i think is just i have preferences too. But I dont assume every arab or Indian (my fav races physically) are attractive just like i dont assume every Asian male is unattractive (generally i dont find Asian men attractive) But theres tones of races out there with many features and a wide spectrum of how people of that race can look So to he so narrow as to say it has to be your specifc race i think u have to wonder what phychological aspects might be at play there Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LordEnigma 11,313 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 5 minutes ago, SeasonOfTheWitch said: “12% of Democrats” I mean there are always going to be outliers in any situation/stance. 12% is high for Democrats but considerably low compared to Republicans Anyway, it’s really not far off from Canadian numbers - although higher than we’d hope. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nightwing 518 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 Choosing not to date or marry someone who is of a different race is racist. You are basing that decision on race. Discrimination based on their race is a form of racism. They don't meet your standard because of their race. That decision is based on that person's race and how it's not your own. That is not a preference. A preference would be you saying that you're open to dating and marrying someone of a different race, but would prefer to align with someone who is of the same race. That is not exclusion; that's an example of preference. That is not racist because their race is not a deciding factor. What a lot of you is talking about is racism. It is not preference. Do I need to break it down further for those who aren't able to keep up? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,169 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 It's iffy. Definitely walking the line of racism but I wouldn't call it bigotry outright as long as it's actually limited to "I wouldn't marry someone of another race" but they still treat others fairly. The problem is I have a hunch a lot of people that say this actually do harbor a bit of hate towards other races, they just know they should be ashamed of it so they limit its effect on their life to relationships rather than how they act in society. Having a racial preference is fine, most people DO. If only because people that look like you tend to be from the same culture, have similar experiences, and have more in common. Or simply because you prefer a certain appearance Myself, I have such a thing for other hispanic guys, especially the guys who aren't from here olive skin, jet black hair, deep brown eyes, expressive personality, romantic as hell, boisterous voice, and add a sexy accent on top of that? Oh. My. God. Dream. Man. And yet my longest relationship was with a white guy, my last real relationship was with a white guy, and my only "fling" (cause I tried games like the other gays play, I do not enjoy them) was with a black guy. I have yet to actually taste the eye candy I will find mi amorcito one day Tl;dr - these people probably do have a bit of racism in their heart but if they would only keep it to themselves then it'd be...not ok, but we could look the other way and just call them weird because, really, who just writes off an entire group of people based on skin color? Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,169 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 2 hours ago, Faysalaaa said: I think a more accurate question is what their opinion on interracial marriage is. This, actually. I'm sure the answers would look very different. Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,201 Posted October 7, 2019 Author Share Posted October 7, 2019 20 minutes ago, PartySick said: It's iffy. Definitely walking the line of racism but I wouldn't call it bigotry outright as long as it's actually limited to "I wouldn't marry someone of another race" but they still treat others fairly. The problem is I have a hunch a lot of people that say this actually do harbor a bit of hate towards other races, they just know they should be ashamed of it so they limit its effect on their life to relationships rather than how they act in society. Having a racial preference is fine, most people DO. If only because people that look like you tend to be from the same culture, have similar experiences, and have more in common. Or simply because you prefer a certain appearance Myself, I have such a thing for other hispanic guys, especially the guys who aren't from here olive skin, jet black hair, deep brown eyes, expressive personality, romantic as hell, boisterous voice, and add a sexy accent on top of that? Oh. My. God. Dream. Man. And yet my longest relationship was with a white guy, my last real relationship was with a white guy, and my only "fling" (cause I tried games like the other gays play, I do not enjoy them) was with a black guy. I have yet to actually taste the eye candy I will find mi amorcito one day Tl;dr - these people probably do have a bit of racism in their heart but if they would only keep it to themselves then it'd be...not ok, but we could look the other way and just call them weird because, really, who just writes off an entire group of people based on skin color? Ppl can have preferences. I have preferences too on physical traits that are more common in some races than others but theres so many races, and such a wife spectrum of how ppl of a certain race can look to narrow it down so specifically to ONLY your race... i dont buy the attraction reason as an excuse Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,169 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 4 minutes ago, Economy said: to narrow it down so specifically to ONLY your race... i dont buy the attraction reason as an excuse Same. Like I said, as long as these folk act right in public (not outwardly hateful or rude to other races, they simply won't date them) we'll just call them weird and let them date who they want to I guess It's the way they word it though. If races were numbers and a 2 came in and said "I prefer to date other 2's really" you'd probably say "eh, whatever". But if a 2 came in and said "I'd never date a 6. Ever." You'd definitely think that 2 has something against 6's that isn't just "I don't find them attractive" Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,195 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 I mean they van say that, but love works in mysterious way. They will be weirded out at first when love hits hard to someone they said they don't wanna married to and didn't know why before they really get into it. It is like when your dad said no dogs or cats at home. But then you get them anyway, he resists at forst, but then in few weeks, you'd accidentally caught your dad actually play with them. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Marilyn MonHoe 11,011 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 59 minutes ago, Nightwing said: Choosing not to date or marry someone who is of a different race is racist. You are basing that decision on race. Discrimination based on their race is a form of racism. They don't meet your standard because of their race. That decision is based on that person's race and how it's not your own. That is not a preference. A preference would be you saying that you're open to dating and marrying someone of a different race, but would prefer to align with someone who is of the same race. That is not exclusion; that's an example of preference. That is not racist because their race is not a deciding factor. What a lot of you is talking about is racism. It is not preference. Do I need to break it down further for those who aren't able to keep up? Exactly this. GGD doesn’t realize the difference between preference and exclusion. Excluding someone because of their race is racist. Period. And before someone says “Well I only like men, does that make me sexist?” The answer is no. Sexuality has a strong link to genetics. There are no such links when it comes to dating people based on their race. That is solely social conditioning where the lighter your skin is, the more attractive that you are. Unfortunately society still largely revolves around this notion and influences people to have those kinds of views. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LordEnigma 11,313 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 1 hour ago, Economy said: Ppl can have preferences. I have preferences too on physical traits that are more common in some races than others but theres so many races, and such a wife spectrum of how ppl of a certain race can look to narrow it down so specifically to ONLY your race... i dont buy the attraction reason as an excuse It still feels weird to me when people tell me their preferences based on race. It’s like that “positive” stereotyping - just because it “compliments” someone doesn’t mean it’s ok to say. I know it’s common so I’m not saying it’s a terrible thing - but I still cringe a little bit when I hear people say “I’m REALLY attracted to ___ people.” Subconsciously, I know I have preferences but consciously - I’ve never really taken the time to analyze them. And maybe that means I’m just more attracted to personality than physicality. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ltlmnstr 2,771 Posted October 7, 2019 Share Posted October 7, 2019 55 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said: Exactly this. GGD doesn’t realize the difference between preference and exclusion. Excluding someone because of their race is racist. Period. And before someone says “Well I only like men, does that make me sexist?” The answer is no. Sexuality has a strong link to genetics. There are no such links when it comes to dating people based on their race. That is solely social conditioning where the lighter your skin is, the more attractive that you are. Unfortunately society still largely revolves around this notion and influences people to have those kinds of views. You have to realize most of GGD is European. Like A black Polish person will never be accepted in Poland as Polish. They will always say Poland is white only. A Black person can have ancestors who moved there to Poland 50 years ago, have three/four generations of family, know the language and identify strongly with the culture, and still be denied they are Polish This happens a lot to Biracial people. They can never be seen as “both” and society forces them to choose. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.