Jump to content
Stefani Tee
society

Racist Enough To Never Marry Another Race Still 15% of Canada

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/5297312/interracial-marriage-canada/amp/

 

According to a recent study, 15% of Canadians still admit they would never marry someone outside their race

 

perhaps not surprisingly, in rural areas the support for interacial marriage is lower while diverse cities like Toronto has more  support

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
dit

I'm actually surprised that many people said they were for interracial marriage! Canada truly is one of the world's most progressive countries! :tony: :heart:  Sadly in so many other countries in Europe the idea of an interracial marriage is still a tough pill to swallow for many.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GypsyVida

I mean... 15% is quite low. I'd love to see how high the United States' percent is compared to the Canadian number

Be My Baby background vocals from 2:54-3:00
  • Like 7

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
4 minutes ago, dit said:

I'm actually surprised that many people said they were for interracial marriage! Canada truly is one of the world's most progressive countries! :tony: :heart:  Sadly in so many other countries in Europe the idea of an interracial marriage is still a tough pill to swallow for many.

To be fair this is the 15% that admit it. Im sure theres additional people who wouldnt marry another race but not admit it

 

Here in the Toronto area tho interracial relationships are super super common tho

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
OMonster

This statement doesn't really make sense. 

It assumes that it is racist if you don't want to date someone of another race - 'racist enough'. 

Is that racist? 

Isn't it just a preference? 

A shallow preference, sure - but a preference, nonetheless? 

Like, some people wont date people if they aren't rich. Does that mean they hate 'poor' people?  

I think it just means they don't want to enter a relationship with one. 

I don't know!

:shrug:

 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squeeshy Keety
10 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Is that racist? 

Isn't it just a preference? 

200.gif

I'm the one in the corner snuggling your keety and stealing all its love 😼
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
14 minutes ago, OMonster said:

This statement doesn't really make sense. 

It assumes that it is racist if you don't want to date someone of another race - 'racist enough'. 

Is that racist? 

Isn't it just a preference? 

A shallow preference, sure - but a preference, nonetheless? 

Like, some people wont date people if they aren't rich. Does that mean they hate 'poor' people?  

I think it just means they don't want to enter a relationship with one. 

I don't know!

:shrug:

 

You can obviously have some preferences but this is “would never marry another race”

 

the fact that there isnt another single race besides your own that you can like enough to even consider possibly getting together with...

 

theres tones of racial options to play with preferences and only your own is ok?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River
16 minutes ago, OMonster said:

This statement doesn't really make sense. 

It assumes that it is racist if you don't want to date someone of another race - 'racist enough'. 

Is that racist? 

Isn't it just a preference? 

A shallow preference, sure - but a preference, nonetheless? 

Like, some people wont date people if they aren't rich. Does that mean they hate 'poor' people?  

I think it just means they don't want to enter a relationship with one. 

I don't know!

:shrug:

 

Rich is a lifestyle choice though.

Here an example, the hottest guy in the club is black, everyone is drooling about him and oyu're lucky and he's approaching you, would you go nah or would you go woo?

 

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nigiricombo

Preference: want to only be with someone their own race due to same cultures and such. 

Racist: will not consider blacks/asians/white/Latino because they are not attracted to a certain race - is not a preference imo. Attractiveness is distributed across all races. I believe that to be a fact. 

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CautiousLurker
13 minutes ago, River said:

Rich is a lifestyle choice though.

Here an example, the hottest guy in the club is black, everyone is drooling about him and oyu're lucky and he's approaching you, would you go nah or would you go woo?

 

I'd be on my knees in about 10 minutes :flower:

I mean... rich isn't really a lifestyle choice tho... trust me, I tried to chose that lifestyle :bradley:

desparate-depression-riddled-d*ck-obsessed-horndog... 4masc
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faysalaaa

Is that racist though? alot of people are only attracted to their own race. Im attracted to different races though. I think a more accurate question is what their opinion on interracial marriage is.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faysalaaa
48 minutes ago, Economy said:

You can obviously have some preferences but this is “would never marry another race”

 

the fact that there isnt another single race besides your own that you can like enough to even consider possibly getting together with...

 

theres tones of racial options to play with preferences and only your own is ok?

Yeah that is not racism! sexual preference is not a choice. We can even see black people who are only attracted to white people. Or whites only attracted to Black people. Some people just like one race. Some just happen to like their own race sexually. 

Im a Arab but im also white, I am only attracted to white looking Arabs. Is that racist?

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcePrincess

Racist enough XDDDDDDD So funny.

I'm not a racist because i don't like black or asian guy. He's not my sexual preference and sex is important in a relationship so... I'm attracted to my race and that's normal nothing racist.

  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Erich Johnson
30 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

Racist enough XDDDDDDD So funny.

I'm not a racist because i don't like black or asian guy. He's not my sexual preference and sex is important in a relationship so... I'm attracted to my race and that's normal nothing racist.

i agree 100 % with this

I don't want a girlfriend

and i'm not sexist for that

 

Edited by Erich Johnson

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...