Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Madness at Fox News

Featured Posts

whocares

Madness at Fox News as Trump faces Impeachment 

A Trump identity crisis at Fox as Hannity frets, Lachlan Murdoch prepares for a post-Trump future, Paul Ryan whispers in Rupert’s ear, and Shep Smith and Tucker Carlson trade blows.

In public, Donald Trump’s allies are putting on a brave face, repeating talking points, mostly staying on message. But in private, there are few who believe that the allegations leveled by an intelligence agency whistle-blower that Trump abused American foreign policy to leverage Ukraine into investigating Joe Biden won’t result in considerable damage—if not the complete unraveling of his presidency. “I don’t see how they don’t impeach,” a former West Wing official told me today. “This could unwind very fast, and I mean in days,” a prominent Republican said.

Trump’s final bulwark is liable to be his first one: Fox News. Fox controls the flow of information—what facts are, whether allegations are to be believed—to huge swaths of his base. And Republican senators, who will ultimately decide whether the president remains in office, are in turn exquisitely sensitive to the opinions of Trump’s base. But even before the whistle-blower’s revelations, Fox was having something of a Trump identity crisis, and that bulwark has been wavering. In recent weeks, Trump has bashed Fox News on Twitter, taking particular issue lately with its polling, which, like other reputable polls, has shown the president under significant water. Meanwhile, Trump’s biggest booster seems to be having doubts of his own. This morning, Sean Hannity told friends the whistle-blower’s allegations are “really bad,” a person briefed on Hannity’s conversations told me. (Hannity did not respond to a request for comment). And according to four sources, Fox Corp CEO Lachlan Murdoch is already thinking about how to position the network for a post-Trump future. A person close to Lachlan told me that Fox News has been the highest rated cable network for seventeen years, and “the success has never depended on any one administration.”

Inside Fox News, tensions over Trump are becoming harder to contain as a long-running cold war between the network’s news and opinion sides turns hot. Fox has often taken a nothing-to-see-here approach to Trump scandals, but impeachment is a different animal. “It’s management bedlam,” a Fox staffer told me. “This massive thing happened, and no one knows how to cover it.” The schism was evident this week as a feud erupted between afternoon anchor Shepard Smith and prime-time host Tucker Carlson. It started Tuesday when Fox legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano told Smith on-air that Trump committed a “crime” by pressuring Ukraine’s president to get dirt on Biden. That night, Carlson brought on former Trump lawyer Joe diGenova, who called Napolitano a “fool” for claiming Trump broke the law. Yesterday, Smith lashed back, calling Carlson “repugnant” for not defending Napolitano on air.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/09/madness-at-fox-news-as-trump-faces-impeachment-lachlan-murdoch

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

JusKeepBreathin

rupauls drag race GIF

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

ChromeAngel

He won’t be impeached :selena: I mean feel free to come back here and assault my hole if I’m wrong. But I’m not wrong. 

• Like 1

PunkTheFunk
7 minutes ago, ChromeAngel said:

He won’t be impeached :selena: I mean feel free to come back here and assault my hole if I’m wrong. But I’m not wrong. 

I agree. I feel like this is going to flop like the Mueller investigation.

#Marianne2020
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gagaloo92
24 minutes ago, ChromeAngel said:

Being impeached and being removed from office are two very different things. Being removed requires the Senate to indict the President which has never happened ever. 

218 votes are needed in the House to approve and pass articles of impeachment. That number was reached yesterday with members of the House. 

It's really a matter of when, not if. 

Edited by Gagaloo92
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1

Marilyn MonHoe

I never thought I’d see the day of a Faux News civil war :nooo:

The unexpected benefits of a Trump presidency :nooo:

• Like 1

ChromeAngel
9 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Being impeached and being removed from office are two very different things. Being removed requires the Senate to indict the President which has never happened ever. 

218 votes are needed in the House to approve and pass articles of impeachment. That number was reached yesterday with members of the House. 

Like I said, you can hmu and let me know how wrong I am later. But nothing is happening to Trump 

• LMAO 1

ChromeAngel
26 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

And just so you know, 20 republican senators would have to vote to impeach for it to pass. If not, nothing’s happening. Nobody is being indicted either. It’s such a reach.

giphy.gif

• LMAO 2

whocares
1 hour ago, ChromeAngel said:

And just so you know, 20 republican senators would have to vote to impeach for it to pass. If not, nothing’s happening. Nobody is being indicted either. It’s such a reach.

giphy.gif

You’re right, I don’t think he will be impeached. However, this is interesting 

I agree tho. I don’t see how republicans will go against Trump.

Edited by scarlxrd
  • Thanks 1

Whispering
39 minutes ago, ChromeAngel said:

giphy.gif

No, Trump can be impeached by the House of Representatives. The chance he will be impeached is pretty high at this time. 

Impeachment does not necessarily result in removal from office; it is only a legal statement of charges, parallel to an indictment in criminal law. The next stage of removal from office is in the hands of the Senate. The GOP lead Senate won’t remove one of their own from office. 

• Like 1

ChromeAngel
1 hour ago, Whispering said:

No, Trump can be impeached by the House of Representatives. The chance he will be impeached is pretty high at this time. 

Impeachment does not necessarily result in removal from office; it is only a legal statement of charges, parallel to an indictment in criminal law. The next stage of removal from office is in the hands of the Senate. The GOP lead Senate won’t remove one of their own from office. 

I don’t know where you’re getting this. Source? I just read an article from today from the nyt that’s basically saying the exact opposite as all of this. It seems like everyone knows nothing will come of this. And I just to make it clear- I’m not a trump supporter AT ALL. I’m just saying that all of this is a reach. He’ll stay his full term. 

Edit: I misread exactly what you said. So ignore most of that. BUT nothing will come of this :oops:

Edited by ChromeAngel

MJHolland
2 hours ago, ChromeAngel said:

giphy.gif

You're just not right 

The Senate has nothing to do with impeachment. This is  not just semantics. Both Nixon and Clinton were impeached without a single Senator voting on it. 

The House impeaches. The Senate conducts a trial to remove a president from office. 

Nothing is guaranteed in this world, but Dems have enough votes to impeach Trump tomorrow if they wanted to. 

• Thanks 1

RAMROD

LOL get burn, bitches! Enjoy these days!

source.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ GIVE ♥ ME ♥ CHOCOLATE ♥ 🍫 ♥