Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Latin Regueton Artists boycotting the Grammys

Boris2

Featured Posts

IllusionLover
1 hour ago, scarlxrd said:

They don’t need the validation. Most young people listen to them anyways. I just find it funny how ROSALÍA got a nomination for urban:ladyhaha: while actual reguetoneros are not getting recognized. As I said tho, they don’t need the validation. 

The question now is, will ROSALÍA boycott the show in support of the genre that she’s getting even more famous for throughout Latin America and the US?

The BIGGEST question is RosalĂ­a Is Spanish. Not Latina... Why is she nominated?

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IllusionLover

Imo it's what they deserve for making that shitty music, I guess Latin Grammys finally heard about having taste. :coffee:

whocares
3 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

The BIGGEST question is RosalĂ­a Is Spanish. Not Latina....

Oh, but she won Latin Video at the VMAs this year so I just figured..:ally:

IllusionLover
57 minutes ago, PartySick said:

You leave Just Dance, Poker Face, and Born This Way out of this :madge:

Those were written in 10 minutes but produced from hours to days...

30 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

The BIGGEST question is RosalĂ­a Is Spanish. Not Latina... Why is she nominated?

Wait till you find shes already a 2x winner...

40 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

I’m specifically talking about Con Altura. There’s nothing special about its lyrics. I’m not surprised but I find it funny how people here are praising her and love Con Altura, when it sounds just like any other regueton song. While at the same time, shitting on other reguetoneros. And yes, I do enjoy her solo project. El Mar Querer is a great album.

You can't find a song with similar references. She has her on sparkle. That's how I see it. When I'm on a party they play a lot of Reggaeton of course, but when Con Altura stars everyone goes crazy because it has a different vibe even if you can't catch it. 

The night sky tells all

whocares
21 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

You can't find a song with similar references. She has her on sparkle. That's how I see it. When I'm on a party they play a lot of Reggaeton of course, but when Con Altura stars everyone goes crazy because it has a different vibe even if you can't catch it. 

The song sounds like any other regueton song from the 00’s. The only difference is that you have a chick with a Spanish accent. That’s the “sparkle.”

Look, I like the song. I just don’t like the hypocrisy.

10 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

The song sounds like any other regueton song from the 00’s. The only difference is that you have a chick with a Spanish accent. That’s the “sparkle.”

Look, I like the song. I just don’t like the hypocrisy.

I still disagree with you. Let's end there. 

The night sky tells all

1 hour ago, IllusionLover said:

You don't have to be Latin to get nominated, Nelly Furtado literally won a Latin Grammy for Mi Plan cause it was a full spanish album.

Bunch of entitled brats imo.

Imagine LMFAO or Pitbull “boycotting” the Grammys for not getting nominated. Plain ridiculous.

pachinko
1 hour ago, Jose P said:

I’m sorry but... Regueton is mostly trash. Anuel especially is ultimate garbage. I wouldn’t even call these guys artists. Terrible auto tuned voices with atrocious melodies and lyrics that are the same in every song and just make you wanna kill yourself.  
Daddy Yankee is one of the few decent ones tho. 

Bad Bunny is king. 

Archived