Stefani Tee
politics

Pelosi announces impeachment inquiry of Trump

Featured Posts

TOSK
21 hours ago, PartySick said:

The blowback of turning Trump into a martyr, even a political one, will be real.

Exactly what I fear

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, ZacharyMark said:

LOL. Yea, "you can go on and on" with the excuses. You know we'll check you every time. Have a nice day. "gurl".

Wow gurl what excuses? :sure:

Faysalaaa
4 hours ago, Economy said:

Ur right. Politicians are dirty in general and most if not all did stuff they shouldnt have or that in many cases broke the law

but Trump is on another level. Hes constantly doing things that he is not suppostu 

Even the Fed (Central Bank) hes trying to sway and control. Do you have any idea how much of a nono that is?

lets not even get into his personal life. Its been clear for a long time his personal taxes are very evasive and that his companies have found ways to avoid paying contractors

nothing ever happens to the guy tho. Hes a legit con man

and on a side note.... the absolute biggest liar and hypocrite ever. Even by politician standards i cant remember the last time there was a politician that lied so much on everything and that contradicted his stances since campaigning so much

he guy actually has no repest whats so ever to facts and truth. When he speaks he makes up whatever is convinient for him to say in the moment, and when hes called put on it he says fake news

he literally cannot be trusted with any statement he says. I cant actually remember when was the last time a comment he made on the economy or statistics was truthful :deadbanana:

If we are talking specifically about breaking the law, past presidents have done worst. All Trump has done is called a foreign cgovernment. Obama created several wars illegally and droned civilians. Obama spied on American People. Obama allowed for journalists to be jailed without rial. Bush went to war with the wrong country without congress approval. Bush slaved Muslim civilians and children without trial in guantanamo and most of them turned out to be innocent. He tortured civilians and raped them in cages while photographing them. This is all illegal and people had no problem with it. Yes they spoke about it but they quickly got over it.

Trump gets away with this not because he is a con man, he gets away with this because he works for the same system that protects people like Obama, Hilary, and Bush. Atleast with Trump, his personality lets you see the truth of these crimes while the others are psychopathic liars and people trust them.

Faysalaaa
4 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Maybe you didn’t hear a word because you don’t live in the US. Bush had articles of impeachment brought forward due to the war and other stuff. But nothing was done about it. 

I remember talks about it being illegal, even during Obama. But I only heard these things from insane people like Alex Jones and some independent media.

Economy
4 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

If we are talking specifically about breaking the law, past presidents have done worst. All Trump has done is called a foreign cgovernment. Obama created several wars illegally and droned civilians. Obama spied on American People. Obama allowed for journalists to be jailed without rial. Bush went to war with the wrong country without congress approval. Bush slaved Muslim civilians and children without trial in guantanamo and most of them turned out to be innocent. He tortured civilians and raped them in cages while photographing them. This is all illegal and people had no problem with it. Yes they spoke about it but they quickly got over it.

Trump gets away with this not because he is a con man, he gets away with this because he works for the same system that protects people like Obama, Hilary, and Bush. Atleast with Trump, his personality lets you see the truth of these crimes while the others are psychopathic liars and people trust them.

I dont know much about the history of what ur talking about so i cant really respond one way or the other

but as for lying in general specifically, I genuinely cant remember  any other politician on this guys level

if he doesnt like a number or official statistic he manipulates his followers into believing its fake news. When he wants to make a point he makes up stuff

that to me is very deep into phychopathic lying territory 

Faysalaaa
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

I dont know much about the history of what ur talking about so i cant really respond one way or the other

but as for lying in general specifically, I genuinely cant remember  any other politician on this guys level

if he doesnt like a number or official statistic he manipulates his followers into believing its fake news. When he wants to make a point he makes up stuff

that to me is very deep into phychopathic lying territory 

I guess the only good thing about Trump is he openly lies about things and hes so bad that people become aware of how bad the system is. People just need to realize that they need to oppose the system that got us Trump, not Trump personally.

• Like 2

Whispering

President Zelensky: "I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes."

President Trump: "I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it...as you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended up with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetant performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. whatever you can do, it's very important you do it if that's possible... Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the major of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you...The other thing, there's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great."

That's air-****ing-tight. 

Donald Trump asked the President of another country to speak directly with his personal attorney - who holds no position in elected government - for the purpose of investigating a political opponent. That is not in the interest of the United States, that's in the interest of Donald Trump. He is using the Presidency to pressure another world leader to do something for him, personally. To do him a favor.

That's impeachable. In the worse case it's treason, but even in the best case it's an emoluments violation. If nothing else it's a violation of his oath to faithfully execute his power as President.

Separate to that central crime, and making it worse, is that he linked the performance of this "favor" directly to the conversation about material military aid from the United States. Considered also in the context that Trump put a hold on the bipartisan aid package approved by Congress prior to this communication, he's clearly leveraging his power as President to further his own personal political goals.

1) He asked a foreign power to intervene and help him politically. That's the central crime and it's impeachable by itself. 

2) He also implied a quid pro quo between this favor, the purchase of additional Javelins for defense, and (by personally stopping it) on the delivery of aid money approved by Congress. This is an aggravating element of the central crime - it's not the part that's necessary to make what he did illegal - but it definitely makes it worse.

Watch for Trump's defenders to try to make this a conversation about being unable to prove the quid pro quo portion, as if the "reasonable doubt" standard is even relevant in this scenario. 

The quid pro quo makes things worse but the act of asking in his capacity as the President for an investigation by a foreign power of his political opponent is the crime by itself. 

• Like 4
  • LMAO 1

Gagaloo92

The excuses some of you will throw around to act as it Trump is normal or actually getting anything accomplished :smh:

Literally the only thing the man does is tweet, moan and complain every 5 mins, and golf. So what exactly is he doing that people elected him to do that you speak of?

With the exception of a mediocre bill on criminal justice reform that is by no means enough, all he's accomplished is tax cuts for the rich and the corporatations. Meanwhile our economy is on the edge of a cliff about to go back into a recession because of his policies. 

It's about time the weak, PATHETIC Democratic leadership did their constitutional duty which the Constitution obligates them to do. And even then it took everything to get Pelosi to actually act and you can tell she did so VERY reluctantly and only because her caucus forced her to. 

It's the least she could do after letting Trump get away with everything before. 

Bottom line is, regardless of your opinion and fears about what this will mean or do politically, there was no other choice. You either uphold the rule of law and what the Constitution demands, or nothing matters apparently except political expediency.  

Edited by Gagaloo92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Economy
2 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

I guess the only good thing about Trump is he openly lies about things and hes so bad that people become aware of how bad the system is. People just need to realize that they need to oppose the system that got us Trump, not Trump personally.

Agreed the system is a big root issue to begin with

• Like 1

Woolfsmck

I'm no trump fan...but all the exajerated and fake info makes it tough to know what is really going on..

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Logan.
On 9/24/2019 at 3:31 PM, Reginald said:

Yes, they have to at least try. History won't look fondly on how much they've already allowed him to get away with 

Like what?

Marilyn MonHoe
On 9/25/2019 at 3:08 PM, Whispering said:

President Zelensky: "I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes."

President Trump: "I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it...as you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended up with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetant performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. whatever you can do, it's very important you do it if that's possible... Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the major of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you...The other thing, there's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great."

That's air-****ing-tight. 

Donald Trump asked the President of another country to speak directly with his personal attorney - who holds no position in elected government - for the purpose of investigating a political opponent. That is not in the interest of the United States, that's in the interest of Donald Trump. He is using the Presidency to pressure another world leader to do something for him, personally. To do him a favor.

That's impeachable. In the worse case it's treason, but even in the best case it's an emoluments violation. If nothing else it's a violation of his oath to faithfully execute his power as President.

Separate to that central crime, and making it worse, is that he linked the performance of this "favor" directly to the conversation about material military aid from the United States. Considered also in the context that Trump put a hold on the bipartisan aid package approved by Congress prior to this communication, he's clearly leveraging his power as President to further his own personal political goals.

1) He asked a foreign power to intervene and help him politically. That's the central crime and it's impeachable by itself. 

2) He also implied a quid pro quo between this favor, the purchase of additional Javelins for defense, and (by personally stopping it) on the delivery of aid money approved by Congress. This is an aggravating element of the central crime - it's not the part that's necessary to make what he did illegal - but it definitely makes it worse.

Watch for Trump's defenders to try to make this a conversation about being unable to prove the quid pro quo portion, as if the "reasonable doubt" standard is even relevant in this scenario. 

The quid pro quo makes things worse but the act of asking in his capacity as the President for an investigation by a foreign power of his political opponent is the crime by itself. 

Imagine incriminating yourself with such detail :ladyhaha:

He is literally one of the dumbest people I have ever seen 

• Like 1

Woolfsmck

https://news.yahoo.com/first-vermont-gop-governor-backs-155051940.html?soc_src=yahooapp

"First GOP senator openly backs Impeachnent inquirey."

We need more ..us why are the other 99 so reluctsnt... 

Whistle blower info is pretty clear cut imo.

Edited by Woolfsmck
like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Vroom Vroom
7 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

https://news.yahoo.com/first-vermont-gop-governor-backs-155051940.html?soc_src=yahooapp

"First GOP senator openly backs Impeachnent inquirey."

We need more ..us why are the other 99 so reluctsnt... 

Whistle blower info is pretty clear cut imo.

.... you know that all 100 members on the senate are not GOP members, right? 47 members are democrats. 

• LMAO 1

Woolfsmck
2 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

.... you know that all 100 members on the senate are not GOP members, right? 47 members are democrats. 

Okaaaaayyy....your prolly right...still  99 are missing in action