💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

“Truth Hurts” Becomes Longest #1 Solo Female Rap Song In History

Marilyn MonHoe

Featured Posts

Marilyn MonHoe

lizzo-rcmh-2019-billboard-1548.jpg

The truth can hurt, but not in Lizzo's case. Her breakout hit "Truth Hurts" is officially the longest-running Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 by a solo female rapper, and the 31-year-old can't believe it -- nor can her 9-year-old self.

Lizzo was quick to share her reaction to the big news via Instagram on Monday (Sept. 23), posting a throwback photo of her younger self "holding" this week's Hot 100 chart (brilliant photoshopping, really). 

"Truth Hurts" surpasses Cardi B's three-week rule with "Bodak Yellow" in 2017 and marks the longest No. 1 run for a female rap artist since Iggy Azalea's Charli XCX collab "Fancy" commanded for seven weeks in 2014.

Even before the song broke records, "Truth Hurts" was generating Grammy buzz, and Lizzo is the cover star of Billboard's 2020 Grammy Preview Issue. Check out the full story here, and take a look at Lizzo's heartfelt celebratory Instagram post below.

Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8530789/lizzo-reaction-truth-hurts-hot-100-record

Yaaassss! Congrats Lizzo! New queen of rap confirmedt :vegas:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t see her as just a rapper, kinda of a mix between rapper/R&B/Pop singer tbh which is pretty good. I’m happy for her and I like her energy. 

The song isn't necessarily a rap number 1 in the same vein as Cardi's Bodak Yellow let's say. The song has soul and pop elements imo. 

Anyways I'm glad she's getting the success she deserves.

38 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

lizzo-rcmh-2019-billboard-1548.jpg

The truth can hurt, but not in Lizzo's case. Her breakout hit "Truth Hurts" is officially the longest-running Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 by a solo female rapper, and the 31-year-old can't believe it -- nor can her 9-year-old self.

Lizzo was quick to share her reaction to the big news via Instagram on Monday (Sept. 23), posting a throwback photo of her younger self "holding" this week's Hot 100 chart (brilliant photoshopping, really). 

"Truth Hurts" surpasses Cardi B's three-week rule with "Bodak Yellow" in 2017 and marks the longest No. 1 run for a female rap artist since Iggy Azalea's Charli XCX collab "Fancy" commanded for seven weeks in 2014.

Even before the song broke records, "Truth Hurts" was generating Grammy buzz, and Lizzo is the cover star of Billboard's 2020 Grammy Preview Issue. Check out the full story here, and take a look at Lizzo's heartfelt celebratory Instagram post below.

Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8530789/lizzo-reaction-truth-hurts-hot-100-record

Yaaassss! Congrats Lizzo! New queen of rap confirmedt :vegas:

That ain't rap 😒

I feel like she isn’t that much of a rapper but congrats nonetheless! 

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Tom Nook

It’s :applause:what :applause:she :applause:deserves :legend:

We stan a versatile rapper, soul singer, and flutist :tony:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Archived