đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why don't DJ's CREDIT the singers?

KURUSHITOVSKA

Featured Posts

KURUSHITOVSKA

There are so many EDM with female vocalists thay recieve no credit at ALL and it pisses me off so much, i really find it offensive. Do they think the songs would be the same or hits without their vocals? Like at least Jax Jones has every singer on his records credited as it should be. It's like KYGO wouldn't credit Whitney in that crappy remix he's released with the goddess' voice.

A few examples:

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the singers want to be anonymous but still want to sing? I don't know :classy:

KURUSHITOVSKA
Just now, ProjectJoanne said:

Maybe the singers want to be anonymous but still want to sing? I don't know :classy:

How would a singer in a hit song be anonymous? Every singer wants to be recognized

Just now, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

How would a singer in a hit song be anonymous? Every singer wants to be recognized

I mean not every singer, there are some people (Sia for example) who wanted to be anonymous cause they probably don't want to deal with the life of a super star, I don't know much about how this psychology works but fame is just not made for some people :laughga:

Widows Kiss
1 minute ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Not everybody wants to be famous, they're still getting their coins.

Because most of them are unknown and/or independent artists  and this is their only chance to get their voice out there, like kesha wasn’t credited on right round, she only got credited AFTER she became famous with her own hits

KURUSHITOVSKA
1 minute ago, Widows Kiss said:

Not everybody wants to be famous, they're still getting their coins.

Coins isn't what i'm talking about... It's recognition. Ina Wroldsen is the one singing on How Deep Is Your Love, it became a hit, yet her voice was never recognized, when at least 60% of the song's success is thanks to her. And of course she wanted to be recognized 

Cuz male DJs are egotistical selfish fratboys wbk:nails: 

angels forever, forever angels

KURUSHITOVSKA
2 minutes ago, Runway said:

Because most of them are unknown and/or independent artists  and this is their only chance to get their voice out there, like kesha wasn’t credited on right round, she only got credited AFTER she became famous with her own hits

So they SHOULD get credit even if they're not famous, it's their voice!!!

KURUSHITOVSKA
3 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

The artist is still credited vocally & if they wrote then also from a publishing/composing sense

No they're not credited......

Widows Kiss
Just now, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

So they SHOULD get credit even if they're not famous, it's their voice!!!

Sadly, that's not how the industry works. Another example is Bebe Rexha. She wasn't credited in David Guetta's Hey Mama for a very long time.

KURUSHITOVSKA
1 minute ago, Widows Kiss said:

Sadly, that's not how the industry works. Another example is Bebe Rexha. She wasn't credited in David Guetta's Hey Mama for a very long time.

Disgusting

Reginald

I've wondered about this before too. It's like sometimes one version (single version, album version, remixes, radio mixes, etc) will have the featured artist in the title, while the other versions don't.

In fairness, though, many of the female DJs who I listen to also follow this practice. Lots of samples and vocals in the electronic genres are only mentioned  in liner notes.  I always prefer it when they're credited - it's a great way to discover similar artists 

AJRocketMan

Because it may not be that important? Vocals aren’t everything in music. Stop placing so much emphasis on vocals. There’s plenty of great music out there that doesn’t have vocals at all.

Archived