Jump to content
Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

3rd Democratic Primary Debate Discussion

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
16 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

I'm honestly confused as to what Castro got wrong... Please explain somebody!

Biden said citizens will have to buy-in to his health care public option if they get fired by their employer. 

Castro said that under his plan, when someone is fired by their employer, they are automatically registered into his public plan. 

Biden then retorted that his plan does not include buy-ins. 

Castro corrected him harshly, and I think deservedly, about this clear discrepancy in Biden's characterization of his plan. 

What am I missing? 

@Morphine Prince

To be honest I’m looking at this again and am confused myself. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
whocares
19 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Biden was fumbling over words, and Castro made things nasty, two negative qualities we already have enough of in the White House.

If you saw a younger man speaking to an older man like that in public you would be ashamed. "Did you forget what you just said? Are you forgetting already what you just said? I can't believe you just said two minutes ago...now your forgetting that!" 

Unpresidential.

giphy.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, the difference is that Joe Biden is not any older man in public. He’s running to be president. He’s the front runner. And this is something we have been talking about for quite sometime now. He forgets stuff. He mumbles a lot.

Edited by scarlxrd
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheQueenLG
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

To be honest I’m looking at this again and am confused myself. 

I interpreted Castro's remarks as a challenge to Biden's political integrity... Why is Biden flip-flopping, in a two-minute span, between explaining that his plan has buy-ins and that his plan does not have buy-ins? I never interpreted Castro to be saying anything about Biden's mental acuity. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FATCAT

I was a little let down by the fact that Warren & Biden didn't eat into Biden from all sides. Biden literally called Bernie a socialist. He sounded like a republican.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Like 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
whocares

It is also so funny seeing people on social media making Castro the bad guy when I have seen people making fun of Biden for some time now. Calling him all sorts of names. Castro simply called him out for literally flip-flopping in a two minute span.

Edited by scarlxrd
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheQueenLG
3 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

I don't think Castro did anything wrong. Biden was so slippery with his words that any reasonable person would have interpreted that you must buy-in to his plan, according to Biden's responses. Castro therefore called Biden out when he asserted that his plan does not require buy-ins. 

Sure, Castro was a bit patronizing, but Biden should be more prepared, as the front-runner, to deal with confrontational situations like this one. 

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheQueenLG
2 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

It is also so funny seeing people on social media making Castro the bad guy when I have seen people making fun of Biden for some time now. Calling him all sorts of names. Castro simply called him out for literally flip-flopping in a two minutes span.

I think Castro was harsh, but it's not like Castro has any real chance anyway. 

I think that Castro's confrontation was overall good news for progressives -- makes Biden look weaker!

Maybe I'm just heartless and too strategic lol. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKANK
9 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

Well, the difference is that Joe Biden is not any older man in public. He’s running for President. He’s the front runner. And this is something we have been talking about for quite sometime now. He forgets stuff. He mumbles a lot.

 

If you think there is a legitimate argument to be made that Biden's cognitive decline, age, or fumbling over words are an issue, you don't make that argument the way Castro did. The comments clearly had an ageist subtext. They were not presidential.

 

7 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

I interpreted Castro's remarks as a challenge to Biden's political integrity... Why is Biden flip-flopping, in a two-minute span, between explaining that his plan has buy-ins and that his plan does not have buy-ins? I never interpreted Castro to be saying anything about Biden's mental acuity. 

 

That isn't the way his comments were read in the room, hence the boos, and Buttigieg's call for civility. Sanders condemned Castro's comments as too "personal," Beto and Amy Klobuchar also condemned Castor's comment. It was clearly a comment about his cognitive decline. "Don't you remember what you just said?"
 

 

 

Edited by SKANK
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheQueenLG
Just now, SKANK said:

 

If you think there is a legitimate argument to be made that Biden's cognitive decline, age, or fumbling over words you don't make that argument the way Castro did. The comments clearly had an ageist subtext. They were not presidential.

 

 

That isn't the way his comments were read in the room, hence the boos, and Buttigieg's call for civility. Sanders condemned Castro's comments as too "personal," Beto and Amy Klobuchar also condemned Castor's comment. It was clearly a comment about his cognitive decline. "Don't you remember what you just said?"
 

 

 

I actually do think that Biden may be experiencing some sort of cognitive decline. That's my personal observation. 

I don't think Castro's confrontation with Biden was ageist at all. Sorry. I think Castro was just calling out Biden's obvious flip-flop... I'll admit he was a little harsh, but not suggestive of Biden's mental acuity, or the lack thereof. 

Sorry, but I didn't interpret the situation the same way. I would have responded the same way in a debate if someone younger than me flip-flopped like that. I mean, his statements were polar-opposite!

  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
whocares
5 minutes ago, SKANK said:

If you think there is a legitimate argument to be made that Biden's cognitive decline, age, or fumbling over words you don't make that argument the way Castro did. The comments clearly had an ageist subtext. They were not presidential.

He probably didn’t go about it in the way he should’ve. But he’s right. I’d be pretty angry too seeing someone like Biden being the front-runner with all his flaws. Including his cognitive decline.

Edited by scarlxrd
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gagaloo92

So all we got were more empty platitudes from Pete Buttigieg and Kamala Harris again, no policy proposals or actual plans. I suspect they will flatline and fizzle out soon enough, especially considering they're running purely on big donor money now. Pete for instance has the largest number of billionaire donors donating to his campaign of all the Democratic candidates. 

Julian Castro had a big night. Regardless of how you feel about what he did, confrontations and takedowns like that are what drive the narrative after these debates. Kamala from the first debate and Tulsi in the second can attest to that. Only time will tell whether this give him a bump. I reckon he'll get a small one. 

Biden was rough, although probably a better performance then previous ones. 

Warren and Bernie really need to start getting more aggressive on Biden. Like what are they waiting for? Kinda disappointed about it but they both had strong performances again. Warren should really keep hammering home that corruption argument it's so concise and powerful in discussing what is fundamentally wrong with our system. 

I don't really think tonight's debate changed the race much at all. Polls will probably remain what they have been at least for the Top 3.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
whocares
1 minute ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Warren and Bernie really need to start getting more aggressive on Biden. Like what are they waiting for? Kinda disappointed about it but they both had strong performances again. Warren should really keep hammering home that corruption argument it's so concise and powerful in discussing what is fundamentally wrong with our system. 

I’m honestly surprised Warren didn’t go as hard on Biden. This was their first night together. And I agree, polls will probably stay the same.

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKANK
2 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

I actually do think that Biden may be experiencing some sort of cognitive decline. That's my personal observation. 

I don't think Castro's confrontation with Biden was ageist at all. Sorry. I think Castro was just calling out Biden's obvious flip-flop... I'll admit he was a little harsh, but not suggestive of Biden's mental acuity, or the lack thereof. 

Sorry, but I didn't interpret the situation the same way. I would have responded the same way in a debate if someone younger than me flip-flopped like that. I mean, his statements were polar-opposite!

 

Even if you think that Castro's comments were about Biden "flip-flopping," they are being perceived by the public, and by the other candidates on the stage as ageist and too personal.

In multiple post-debate interviews Castro was given the opportunity to qualify the intention of his remarks and offer an apology if they were misinterpreted, but there was no, "I'm sorry if my comments came across as ageist, or as an attack on Biden's mental health, that wasn't the intention."

That is disqualifying for me. To Trumpian. 

 

2 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

He probably didn’t go about it in the way he should’ve. But he’s right. I’d be pretty angry too seeing someone like Biden being the front-runner with all his flaws. Including his cognitive decline.

 

I sure wont be voting for Biden in the primary, in part because of his cognitive decline. I won't be voting for Castro in the primary, based on the way he carried himself tonight. Neither came out well tonight, in my opinion.

 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
whocares
1 minute ago, SKANK said:

I sure wont be voting for Biden in the primary, in part because of his cognitive decline. I won't be voting for Castro in the primary, based on the way he carried himself tonight. Neither came out well tonight, in my opinion.

I do hope neither one of them ends up as our nominee.

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...