Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Twitter gays triggered by It: Chapter Two

Hurem

Featured Posts

Vision of Love
6 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Good god, whoever wrote this article is a freaking dumbass. This part made my eyes roll so hard:

They really wanted someone to have to boring ass coming out speech we’ve seen over and over? This subtle but power message was so much better.

I wonder why Hollywood even tries including gay arcs when nothing will ever satisfy certain snowflakes. :rip: 

"Could it be an answer to the earlier violence, a tenuous attempt to extinguish it the way other characters directly confront their own abuse? Regardless, what does it say about this movie that it feels comfortable depicting every crushing blow and desperate cry for help from gay men as they’re being bludgeoned but then relies on a retro, coded treatment of its only apparently gay principal character, who never even gets the dignity of saying who he is?"

I think it's a fair critique. The movie says he should be proud while still keeping his, as Penny Wise claims "dirty little secret" from every being truly expanded on. I don't need a full boring coming out speech, but if you're going to make the character fearful of his own sexual orientation, maybe something to resolve that conflict would have been nice. Power message? Did we watch the same film? How is it a power message if he is still in the closet and hiding who he truly is?

It's not hard to satisfy "certain snowflakes", just some well written LGBT story lines will do.  This trope of not letting gays have a happy ending is getting old. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Vision of Love said:

"Could it be an answer to the earlier violence, a tenuous attempt to extinguish it the way other characters directly confront their own abuse? Regardless, what does it say about this movie that it feels comfortable depicting every crushing blow and desperate cry for help from gay men as they’re being bludgeoned but then relies on a retro, coded treatment of its only apparently gay principal character, who never even gets the dignity of saying who he is?"

I think it's a fair critique. The movie says he should be proud while still keeping his, as Penny Wise claims "dirty little secret" from every being truly expanded on. I don't need a full boring coming out speech, but if you're going to make the character fearful of his own sexual orientation, maybe something to resolve that conflict would have been nice. Power message? Did we watch the same film? How is it a power message if he is still in the closet and hiding who he truly is?

It's not hard to satisfy "certain snowflakes", just some well written LGBT story lines will do.  This trope of not letting gays have a happy ending is getting old. 

I would cringe so hard had he come out to the friends in the lake or in that cave (or whatever it was). :rip: I’m very glad they didn’t make him come out.

Can you name at least 3 other big movies that didn’t let gays have a happy ending?

Do you expect someone to write a story and be like “He’s gay. He needs to have a happy ending. Next.”? Storylines are a bit more complex than happy ending or not.

Vision of Love
13 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I would cringe so hard had he come out to the friends in the lake or in that cave (or whatever it was). :rip: I’m very glad they didn’t make him come out.

Can you name at least 3 other big movies that didn’t let gays have a happy ending?

Do you expect someone to write a story and be like “He’s gay. He needs to have a happy ending. Next.”? Storylines are a bit more complex than happy ending or not.

I think it would have resolved the conflict they put on him having a dirty little secret in a better way. Why are you glad they didn't make him come out? I'm genuinely just wondering. I think they could have wrote it in non cringe worthy way. The humor of the movie is constantly taking the piss out of things (ex. when Eddie is dying and says he had sex with Richie's mom), so I think they could have handled it well. 

Call me by your name, Brokeback Mountain, Moonlight. 

https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/a3avqk/in-2018-queer-films-finally-have-happy-endings

(this article offers more examples)

I don't expect them to just pander to gays and constantly give LGBT storylines happy endings, but I think if you're going to show a gay couple being brutally attacked for shock value and have the gay storyline in the movie be a shameful one way road, the least you could do is write a gay character who overcomes the shame he faces towards his sexuality in a more open and prideful way. It would just leave the story on a happier ending note, rather than the two gay lovers beat and one murdered in the beginning, and then this gay love story ends in tragedy as well. I felt like it could have had a more hopeful ending for the gay theme that the film took on, that's all :) 

1 hour ago, Vision of Love said:

I think it would have resolved the conflict they put on him having a dirty little secret in a better way. Why are you glad they didn't make him come out? I'm genuinely just wondering. I think they could have wrote it in non cringe worthy way. The humor of the movie is constantly taking the piss out of things (ex. when Eddie is dying and says he had sex with Richie's mom), so I think they could have handled it well. 

Call me by your name, Brokeback Mountain, Moonlight. 

https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/a3avqk/in-2018-queer-films-finally-have-happy-endings

(this article offers more examples)

I don't expect them to just pander to gays and constantly give LGBT storylines happy endings, but I think if you're going to show a gay couple being brutally attacked for shock value and have the gay storyline in the movie be a shameful one way road, the least you could do is write a gay character who overcomes the shame he faces towards his sexuality in a more open and prideful way. It would just leave the story on a happier ending note, rather than the two gay lovers beat and one murdered in the beginning, and then this gay love story ends in tragedy as well. I felt like it could have had a more hopeful ending for the gay theme that the film took on, that's all :) 

I didn’t want him to have his coming out moment because it’s been done so many times and I just can’t see it not being cringe worthy.

And I don’t think you can compare Brokeback Mountain, CMBYN and Moonlight’s gay arcs to the one in It: Chapter Two. All of the three movies are gay themed movies. If you don’t like the fact that all three gay movies don’t have happy endings, okay. But It isn’t a gay movie, nor is it supposed to show us happy endings for the gays. The opening scene was: 1) in the original book. 2) used as a way to wake up Pennywise. It really wouldn’t make sense for the gay couple to be there just to... be happy?

It isn’t a movie that will get people to talk about more serious stuff. It wasn’t made to make gays feel better. It’s a horror movie where bad things happen and people die. Just because a character is gay doesn’t mean he needs to have a happy ending.

Also, why was there no outrage for the non-happy ending from the three movies you previously mentioned?

Queen Bitch
On 9/7/2019 at 3:02 AM, LibraOctober98 said:

I don't even think that happened in the original? I certainly don't remember it so... Yeah maybe a lil unnecessary

It was in the book. Why is it unnecessary?

Cody James

I mean. It made me feel uncomfortable just due to the rawness of reality. I think a simple scene of the surviving partner telling his story to the Losers would have made it less “homophobic”(not homophobic, just lack of closure in SOMEONE stating it was wrong). In my opinion, adding this scene would have created closure AND given Richies presence. Could have been a very substantial scene to appease the twitter gays.

Archived