other

Twitter gays triggered by It: Chapter Two

Hurem

Featured Posts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZiggyZiggs

I saw this on twitter and Iā€™m so confused by the whole thing, itā€™s a horror movie? And people die in horror movies? Like..... luv wha-

PoshLife

I'd rather we stop using the word "triggered" to try to delegitimize theĀ feelings of people we disagree with. That sort of BS belongs on 4chan, not on GGD. Truthfully, that's the only thing I got out of this sad thread.

HoneyB

Ā 

šŸ’‹ š•Šš•„š•–š•” š•š•’ ā„‚š• š• š•œš•šš•–š•¤ š•Œš•”šŸ’‹šŸŖ

Let's fight with a book from the 80s :huntyga:

Also it's influenced by a real murder of Charlie Howard in in 1984.

Ā 

Je ne parle pas franƧais but I can padam if you like

I think you need to see the movie to understand why the scene makes no sense. It would be like putting in a rape scene for you to never see anything more about the characters. It was just there with no meaning other than to show the brutality. Trust me, watch it and you will understand it was unnecessary.Ā 

16 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

I'd rather we stop using the word "triggered" to try to delegitimize theĀ feelings of people we disagree with. That sort of BS belongs on 4chan, not on GGD. Truthfully, that's the only thing I got out of this sad thread.

What other word would you use?

8 minutes ago, gypsygay said:

I think you need to see the movie to understand why the scene makes no sense. It would be like putting in a rape scene for you to never see anything more about the characters. It was just there with no meaning other than to show the brutality. Trust me, watch it and you will understand it was unnecessary.Ā 

It wakes up whenever something horrible happens. Those junkies beating up and almost killing Adrian woke It up... and then the rest of the movie unfolds.

Jose P

People seem to forget this is a horror movie. Itā€™s meant to horrify. Not everything has to have a larger meaning in the context of the story. The whole point of the scene was to be horrifying, and it worked. Itā€™s a horror story.

Itā€™s also a pivotal point of the story, since itā€™s the murder that marks Itā€™s return and prompts Mike to call the others back.

Honestly, I donā€™t understand these people. Homophobic attacks still happen and portraying them in movies sheds light on this issue. Do they want filmmakers to sugarcoat everything? Do they want the gay life to be portrayed as happy, colorful and full of joy? Because thatā€™s not the case for lots of gay people. And a horror movie will especially not sugarcoat something like this.

Ā 

Isidro Guevara

It does seem unnecessary, but it's a horror movie, and most horror movies nowadaysĀ are unnecessary soĀ :oops:

I'll WRECK U right Up...G.U.Y.!!!šŸŒ‹šŸ’„

LibraOctober98

I don't even think that happened in the original? I certainly don't remember it so... Yeah maybe a lil unnecessary

ChromeAngel

People are pressed?

giphy.gif

Itā€™s like weā€™re a parody of ourselves. You canā€™t make this stuff up.

Jose P

You would think gay people would appreciate the fact that a book written in the 80s portrayed a homophobic attack as something horrifying and inhumane. But no, they had to turn it into something bad.

I just hate this modern attitude of trying to censor art. Films arenā€™t made to pander to your feelings. This sense of entitlement is so effing stupid. The scene never once supported this behavior, that it didnā€™t add to the whole story doesnā€™t make it something offensive or insensitive.Ā 

Archived