đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So is Gaga getting the Vanguard award this year?

Siena

Featured Posts

Hades
Just now, Inferno said:

Absolutely. How anyone can honestly and wholeheartedly state that Katy Perrys endlessly boring and exceedingly tacky visuals which reach far beyond the tackiness of gagas own, are "better". I truly cant and will not let that sit lol :interestinga:

Whatever block me then. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno
3 minutes ago, Hades said:

Whatever block me then. 

Just get real and we'll be fine. Thats all.

crisTEAne
On 7/24/2019 at 1:59 AM, mauvais said:

Taylor seems like the clear front runner considering Lover comes out that friday and it's the 10 year anniversary of the 2009 VMAs :shrug: 

never thought of that. perhaps you're onto something :udidnt: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Neight Shayde

If anything, I just want another greatest hits performance that aren’t her concerts or the superbowl. The award is meh.

27monster27

I want Lady Gaga to get it no question, her discography in every era is absolutely iconic, but I can't act like Katy Perry isn't deserving of it. Plus, if Lady Gaga gets it in 2020, it would be a nice boost for LG6. (I personally do expect the era to be happening then. Also, please don't think that I want her to get it solely as a boost for LG6.)

he/him/his

At this point I don't care about it anymore. MTV lost it and JLo winning ruined what was left of this award. I wish she got it back when it mattered.

Still, I'm all for it because it means we get a 10 minute performance.

Taylor is getting it anyway...

Serial Chiller

I'm BAFFLED at the number of people on this site who thinks Katy deserves it more than Gaga. 

She consistently puts out high budget videos, but when has any of them become a cultural event?

Paparazzi-Bad Romance-Telephone-Alejandro. That chain alone obliterated any Katy video ever made. Bad Romance was one of the most viewed videos on YT at one point, Alejandro's premiere crashed the site for a bit. 

They weren't even just high budget. They created talk. They had worth analyzing themes and imagery, they invoke emotions. Katy videos were cute and pretty. Period. 

Anyone can be have pretty with VFX smokes and mirrors, not anyone can have conceptualized storytelling masterpieces.

I don't know if that part of Gaga died with her old team or whatever, but just know everything she created up until ARTPOP, Katy doesn't hold a candle to. 

TheBatman

Show is irrelevant, but so are Gagas music videos the past 8 yrs so, sure why not

HotLikeMexico
On 7/23/2019 at 5:08 PM, Judas18 said:

Judas alone is better than Katy's entire videography

Not when "Harleys in Hawaii" is coming sis.

nathantj594
On 7/23/2019 at 7:44 PM, Hades said:

Katy deserves it first cause her videography is better than her discography tbh. Gaga can get it next year.

You honestly believe Katy’s shitty CGI videos are better than Gaga’s iconic videos??? Are you kidding me? 

Wheres that New York gif? Beyoncé Beyoncé Beyoncé? 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Siena
10 hours ago, seashellbabe said:

So many people in this thread are missing the point, none of us care about the award itself or MTV's credibility, we just want a great medley that puts Gaga on a large platform again. 

Exactly!! Especially since it’s been years since she’s done a televised performance with choreography  

pop a 911

Can’t wait to see her revamp Enigma for a Vanguard performance :triggered:

i’m not real, i’m theatre

We all now that award is a business transaction, if she wants to get it all she has to do is have Bobby call MTV. I think it’s going to Taylor this year tho.

ssslyboy

I’m actually having a hard time imagining her being at the MTV awards at this point, even for a Vanguard award. 

sillynate
4 hours ago, Hades said:

And now that you quoted me what? Should I apologize or change my opinion?

You should’ve said “mouth closed I don’t want your opinion. Who you talking to?” :teehee::ladyhaha:

ok I’ll stop now

Archived