💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So is Gaga getting the Vanguard award this year?

Siena

Featured Posts

Siena

I know the VMAs have lost their credibility over the years, but I think we could all agree Gaga is more than deserving of the Video Vanguard award and it would be amazing to see her performance. She did thank the VMAs for her 2 nominations almost immediately, which was interesting because usually she takes her time responding to those things. Maybe this means something, like they reached out to her recently about the Vanguard award??  I also know there were rumors that Katy might be getting the award, but she wasn't even nominated for anything despite having 2 videos come out recently. 

Discuss ladies :vegas:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hades

Katy deserves it first cause her videography is better than her discography tbh. Gaga can get it next year.

Doncho

I think its a possibility. Also when someone gets the Vanguard, they usually give them another award win... so... It could happen :hor:

Gaga responding to them is a good sign. As for Katy, I think she would have some noms if she is getting the Vanguard this year.

Ryusei

I hope so, so I never have to see this thread again. Why do so many of you care about this award? It was literally discredited when J.Lo won it over other way better videographies. Also keep in mind: you're caring about an award by MTV a channel that doesnt even air music anymore.. 

Musery

Siena
4 minutes ago, Doncho said:

As for Katy, I think she would have some noms if she is getting the Vanguard this year.

exactly! I think Katy deserves it too and I wouldn't be bitter if she got it before Gaga, but It's not looking like she will this year with 0 nominations. 

imitalian

Maybe I'm wrong but I read that the mtv already wanted to give it to her in these past years but she refused (?). 

Anyway since she's been praised by basically everyone in the industry this past year it would be nice to start a new Era with one last "big" acknowledgment at the VMA's, it would be a full circle moment since the VMA's had some defying moment in her career

Siena
3 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I hope so, so I never have to see this thread again. Why do so many of you care about this award? It was literally discredited when J.Lo won it over other way better videographies. Also keep in mind: you're caring about an award by MTV a channel that doesnt even air music anymore.. 

I think the VMAs are trash and I'm aware that the awards hold little value, especially after winning Grammys/an Oscar. the main reason I want her to win is for the performance, because she'd absolutely kill it.  

AndiGaga

Nobody cares about this award...

Award shows became less important since the internet and social media

The only great and important awards left are the Oscars, the Grammys, Emmys, Tonys and Golden Globes

Who cares about the rest

Siena
1 minute ago, AndiGaga said:

Nobody cares about this award...

Award shows became less important since the internet and social media

The only great and important awards left are the Oscars, the Grammys, Emmys, Tonys and Golden Globes

Who cares about the rest

Agreed. I would just love to see her performance

MonSwiftAnton
9 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Gaga responding to them is a good sign. As for Katy, I think she would have some noms if she is getting the Vanguard this year.

P!nk didn't have any the year she got hers. Katy is still in the running of becoming Music Television Michel Jackson Video Vanguard Award recipient.  (Will it still be called Michael Jackson though?)

Doncho
5 minutes ago, MonSwiftAnton said:

P!nk didn't have any the year she got hers. Katy is still in the running of becoming Music Television Michel Jackson Video Vanguard Award recipient.  (Will it still be called Michael Jackson though?)

True, but she was promoting her new music. So her team probably got it that year on purpose (And she deserves it because her videos are always great :applause:)

LadyLuca

Im okay if Gaga get Vanguard in the next three years. There are other artists that deserve it equally. Like Katy.

Gagas videos are amazing (exept for joanne; they were just cute)

Archived