opinion

Thoughts on "The Queen"?

The Enigmatic

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fresco

I really like her vocal tone throughout the whole piece.  The instrumentals are good.  Very pop. It wasn't even on the btw album that I have.

It doesn't earworm for me or have a very strong hook. It's too long for radio. Everything after 4:05 could be finished off in 2 or 3 bars of instrumental outro, but it's ok to have it long as long as you don't expect radio play.

The lyrics are great as an homage to Sally Ride the woman who died in the space shuttle Challenger explosion. I'm a little sad if the lyrics were for Gaga personally.  I'm glad Gaga's concert in space never happened. It always seemed too dangerous to me. Maybe later, space tourism will happen.

DontDoubtDavid

It’s one of my favorites from BTW also, it’s beautiful. There’s a piano version which I think is even better than the original: 

gagaweekly

Starry night come inside me like never before
Don't forget me when I come crying to heaven's door
I will fly on a challenger across the sky
Like a phoenix so you can remind them of the dream I bore

One of my favorite Gaga lyrics:woohoo:

But I'm not a big fan of the whole song:huntyga:

Inferno

The first half of the track is weak af with one of the worst choruses of her career imo, but when it morphs into that spanish-vibe electric guitar second half where shes just belting out it becomes great. I would've liked for the second half to have been made into an entire track tbh.

Jose P

It’s good but just sounds derivative and filler like in how much it sounds like TEOG. Sounds like an outtake or a song that almost didn’t make the cut. 

And the abrupt change of pace in the middle feels so off, especially because I’m waiting for it to pick up again and then it just ends. 

So in short, it’s derivative and anticlimactic.

NCgaga
On 7/20/2019 at 12:31 PM, Oshawott said:

Madonna's a legend. Oh wait, wrong Queen. I like the last minute of the song (the instrumental), but the vocals aren't it. 

The vocal's aren't it? You are like the only person that has ever said that. The vocals in the slow down part of "The Queen" are everything. 

Always loved that song. 

27monster27

She performed it live at the Born This Way Ball once in 2012, and for most of the North American leg in 2013. She then sang it acappella once at the Artrave.

he/him/his

Archived