Stefani Tee
politics

New Hampshire Lawmaker: ‘Owning Slaves Doesn’t Make You Racist’

Featured Posts

Rainbow1

tipiphkysgombizgeyf4.jpg

“Human beings have been owning other human beings since the dawn of time. It’s never been about race,” Horn told HuffPost on Thursday when asked to comment on his recent remarks.

According to Horn, slave masters didn’t consider race at the auction block but instead were making “an economic decision” and purchasing who was available. When you look back at auction inventory lists, Horn said, there aren’t “white names,” or “Native American” or “Hispanic” names. (He later clarified by adding, “I should’ve said European instead of white, but I’m a little less PC than normal people.”)

And, Horn continued, women and children cost less than male slaves, so does that mean they were being discriminated against? “Unless you’re going to try to tell me those plantation owners were so in the dark ages that they delighted in being also sexist and ageist — practicing age discrimination and sex discrimination when they bought slaves — I don’t see how you can say they’re being racist because they bought black slaves.”

”My comment specifically was aimed at a period of time when that was how you survived, that’s how you fed your family,” Horn added. “It wasn’t ‘I want to own a black person today.’ It was, ’I need to feed my family; I need five guys who can work stupidly long hours in the sun without killing themselves.”

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d30db6fe4b020cd9940db3b?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=main_fb&utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&section=politics&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063&guccounter=1

:saladga:

Edited by Rainbow1
  • Sad 4

FATCAT

It's always the Republicans lmao

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

Morphine Prince

This is so idiotic. 

First of all, yes, slavery is an ancient practice. 

But in the US, slavery was specifically made about race AND after slavery was abolished racism was used to keep ex-black slaves at the very bottom of society. 

So, YES. Owning slaves did make these people racist. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 5

JohnWayne92
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

This is so idiotic. 

But in the US, slavery was specifically made about race AND after slavery was abolished racism was used to keep ex-black slaves at the very bottom of society. 

This. 

It was made a race issue in America! Honestly, I cant even with my country right now. I want so bad to go somewhere else, but it's like a trap here 😅 you can barely make enough money to leave.

• Like 1

PartySick

I mean...it's not literally wrong but he knows what he's saying isn't actually correct either.

Slavery as the US knows it was definitely racial, no question. Its scar on our country is still very much visable in the way black communities are still put down.

This chicken is lovely, Karen. Please let go of my arm.
  • Sad 1

gabeoz

Is he brothers with the white republican lawmaker claiming that he's a "person of color" :lolly:

Sky Juil

Trump's comments were horrible and stupid.  3/4 of those women were born in the USA, so they wouldn't be going anywhere else anyway. No-one should be putting up any kind of defense of slavery. It's just rediculous stupid twisted logic when you know those slave owners could have just hired workers instead of buying slaves.

EnigmaNecrotic1

At this point, it feels like America's so far into this backslide that it's too far gone. 

Every day some more stuff like this happens more outrageous than the day before. 1 out of the 2 major parties have become corrupted beyond repair.  The leader of our country is spewing racist statements and rumors spread by the alt-right and GOP either nods in agreement or stays quiet. 

There's no easy way out anymore, and it's frightening. 

Edited by EnigmaNecrotic1
Adding on for clarification 💃

Gagaloo92
51 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

This is so idiotic. 

Although I agree with what you're saying, slavery is far from an ancient practice. 

Between the for-profit prisons and other domains where people (prisoners in most cases) are forced to work essentially for free, slavery is arguably still in existence today. 

Not to mention the deplorable conditions of workers in other countries who have slave wages who put together our iPhones, for all intents and purposes slavery is still very much alive and far from being ancient. 

OT: This is not shocking. Doesn't make it not despicable though. This is unacceptable. 

Edited by Gagaloo92
  • Like 1

Gov Hooka
44 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

Is he brothers with the white republican lawmaker claiming that he's a "person of color" :lolly:

They probably both secretly **** and then pass the most anti LGBT legislation they can afterwards 

Lion Heart

" I need five guys who can work stupidly long hours in the sun without killing themselves.”

:lmao: 

PaulR2345

I know it’s not the main focus of the thread but... “Hispanic Names” :oprah: Does he mean Spanish names? The ones that are European? :oprah:

Morphine Prince
11 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Although I agree with what you're saying, slavery is far from an ancient practice. 

Between the for-profit prisons and other domains where people (prisoners in most cases) are forced to work essentially for free, slavery is arguably still in existence today. 

Not to mention the deplorable conditions of workers in other countries who have slave wages who put together our iPhones, for all intents and purposes slavery is still very much alive and far from being ancient. 

OT: This is not shocking. Doesn't make it not despicable though. This is unacceptable. 

I agree! I meant it’s something that’s been practiced forever but yeah it’s still very much a thing in so many parts of the world. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night

Lilmonzter

Factually he's right slave trade and human trafficking has always been there, the less fortunate have always been subjected to this form of cruelty l! Accordingto history slave trade first originated in the middle east! Americans just popularised it!:hor:

Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi

StarstruckIllusion

If yall don’t come together and vote this orange hatred out of office