Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Dems get article of impeachment

Featured Posts

Woolfsmck
joemayzin

Wait if trump is impeached doesn’t that mean we get mike pence? 

pack your bags gheys, conversion therapy for us homo’s :saladga:

I don’t really care or know much about politics :shrug:

Edited by joemayzin

TheQueenLG

Good lord. There are so many reasons to impeach him, but this shouldn't be the focus, imo. He's literally committed crimes. Why are we trying to get him on xenophobic, hateful remarks? That's the position of the GOP in general right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

derpmonster

This timing is tragic tbh. He should be impeached but Mueller is testifying literally next week (and these articles force a vote within this week). He should be impeached and indicted for the crimes Mueller will talk about (aka obstruction of justice). 

Also, here's a primer for Americans and non-Americans unfamiliar with the system and clarification of a very common misconception:

Impeachment is NOT the process of removal of the president. Impeachment happens solely at the House (controlled by Dems) level. It is an indictment, like a strong censure. After the impeachment is done, the Senate (controlled by Republicans) acts like a "jury" in a scenario where the House acts like the prosecutors. The judge supervising the jury is the Supreme Justice of the US. If two thirds of the jury decide that the president is guilty, then he is removed. Regardless of whether that happens, an impeachment is already successful if it passes in the house.

In US history, there have been two impeachments but zero forcible removals of presidents from office. Nixon resigned after his impeachment (by the House) before the Senate could hear his case. Bill Clinton served his full term after the House impeached him (they impeached him twice, in fact, which is what will need to happen with Trump).

@joemayzin at this point, Pence will probably just do damage control IF Trump gets removed from office (very unlikely). He won't do nearly as much damage in the last year and a half as Trump has done so far.

Edited by derpmonster
Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

Woolfsmck
33 minutes ago, joemayzin said:

Wait if trump is impeached doesn’t that mean we get mike pence? 

pack your bags gheys, conversion therapy for us homo’s :saladga:

I don’t really care or know much about politics :shrug:

This is the first step...house will have a vote as to wether they will continue.

If it goes all the way and Trump is impeached, then Pence will serve the remaining term till elections.

I think it may be a way to stop a second term, cause he may actually win an election.

Edited by Woolfsmck
like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • Thanks 1

TheQueenLG
13 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

This timing is tragic tbh. He should be impeached but Mueller is testifying literally next week (and these articles force a vote within this week). He should be impeached and indicted for the crimes Mueller will talk about (aka obstruction of justice). 

Also, here's a primer for Americans and non-Americans unfamiliar with the system and clarification of a very common misconception:

Impeachment is NOT the process of removal of the president. Impeachment happens solely at the House (controlled by Dems) level. It is an indictment, like a strong censure. After the impeachment is done, the Senate (controlled by Republicans) acts like a "jury" in a scenario where the House acts like the prosecutors. The judge supervising the jury is the Supreme Justice of the US. If two thirds of the jury decide that the president is guilty, then he is removed. Regardless of whether that happens, an impeachment is already successful if it passes in the house.

In US history, there have been two impeachments but zero forcible removals of presidents from office. Nixon resigned after his impeachment (by the House) before the Senate could hear his case. Bill Clinton served his full term after the House impeached him (they impeached him twice, in fact, which is what will need to happen with Trump).

You're very educated on this matter and I consider myself to be as well. What did you mean by the part I bolded? I must have forgot something from Civics class :huntyga:

derpmonster
5 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

You're very educated on this matter and I consider myself to be as well. What did you mean by the part I bolded? I must have forgot something from Civics class :huntyga:

Oh, yeah, not an official requirement - just because the article will force a vote this week (whether or not it passes, it's gonna be embarrassing for Dems). :neyde: So when the Mueller testimony happens (that would reveal his actual impeachable crimes), they'd have to do another vote (the one that should pass). So it's possible he gets impeached twice within a month. :huntyga:

Also, yes, I learned all of this in literally one online Intro to Political Science college level class from a community college. The fact that so many Americans don't know any of this that was two lectures worth of material. :neyde: :neyde: :neyde:

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • Like 1

TheQueenLG
38 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Oh, yeah, not an official requirement - just because the article will force a vote this week (whether or not it passes, it's gonna be embarrassing for Dems). :neyde: So when the Mueller testimony happens (that would reveal his actual impeachable crimes), they'd have to do another vote (the one that should pass). So it's possible he gets impeached twice within a month. :huntyga:

Also, yes, I learned all of this in literally one online Intro to Political Science college level class from a community college. The fact that so many Americans don't know any of this that was two lectures worth of material. :neyde: :neyde: :neyde:

Oh, okay, yes! You were lumping the silly article proposed today... I apparently need sleep. :laughga: I just took Into to Poli Sci last quarter and enjoyed it. Should be required for all Americans to take -- people like Trump would never be elected. 

• Like 1

Woolfsmck
47 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

Oh, okay, yes! You were lumping the silly article proposed today... I apparently need sleep. :laughga: I just took Into to Poli Sci last quarter and enjoyed it. Should be required for all Americans to take -- people like Trump would never be elected. 

TV...

It's not lack of education that got him office....

Too many people rely on TV for information... 

So if you watch a certain news regularly    .   Ta da.   Vote for x is almost a guarentee.  

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

TheQueenLG
11 hours ago, Woolfsmck said:

TV...

It's not lack of education that got him office....

Too many people rely on TV for information... 

So if you watch a certain news regularly    .   Ta da.   Vote for x is almost a guarentee.  

It’s a combination of both a lack of education and a reliance on untrustworthy tv media. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. 

Woolfsmck
12 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

It’s a combination of both a lack of education and a reliance on untrustworthy tv media. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. 

Fair enough...

Some people don't realize the slant bias they are watching....yet are educated in non political topics

derpmonster

Good. Now let's wait for Mueller. 

PartySick
7 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Good. Now let's wait for Mueller. 

Or let's just beat him in 2020 then lock his ass up for the rest of his life for being a fraudulent, traitorous, thieving, lying, racist rapist :ohwell:

I don't see what Dems (the GOP and Trump's main opponent) gain from turning him into a martyr right before he runs for reelection. Especially when impeachment will not pass the senate.

If we "impeach" him, he WILL be reelected. I guarantee it.

This chicken is lovely, Karen. Please let go of my arm.
  • Like 1

Woolfsmck
54 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Or let's just beat him in 2020 then lock his ass up for the rest of his life for being a fraudulent, traitorous, thieving, lying, racist rapist :ohwell:

Plus he insults Gaga fans everywhere....,☹️

• Like 1