Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Detroit Music Festival Charges White People Double

Featured Posts

PhillipBagshaw
Just now, Wigless said:

Your unwillingness to argue is the only thing that invalidates anything I have to say, first and clearest, of all. Literally wasn’t saying to go commit suicide, was only talking about the animal, so please keep the victim card in your pocket.

Secondly, you can still be racist even without power so I don’t know what’s clicking w y’all but it’s absolutely not the most definition people use bc it’s not even in the dictionary (they’d update it if it actually meant something) and the whole reason there’s an imbalance power is bc of racist beliefs. Y’all ain’t at the root of the problem and it shows. 

I was literally just talking about how people are socialized is the bigger problem in the country. People with racial biases and prejudices are in positions of power and this leads to, consciously or not, imbalances in power and who is punished for what in this country. 

• Like 1

StarstruckIllusion
3 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

But the amount of people that have racial biases in positions of power create systemic racial problems. And very few people make the conscious decision to jail a black person over a white person, but it is just the way that people in this country are socialized. The problems run deeper than just plain statistics. It comes down to how people are raised, what they are taught. 

You literally just repeated what I quoted in  different words... 

Faysalaaa
6 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Yeah, that is my argument. As a white person in America, if I was called bad things by a black person I would not consider that racist because the social implications are weaker than something I have to say. And the reason why I don't believe that would be racist is because that is a personal prejudice that has no larger social power.

Why is social power important? if a Arab woman was raped by a white person in Saudi Arabia, yes they dont have social power against all Arabs, but he did use his racism as a power against that women as an individual. Why is everything collectivised. Like I said, I understand saying black people in America being racist is not a big issue as a white person being racist, but I disagree with saying its not racist. 

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Craven Moorecox
4 minutes ago, LM said:

No, the definition of racism doesn't say anything about power. Racism can exist without any power in society.

You say that when a POC says to me white people suck then it's prejudice, but if I'd say that black people suck then it's racism :interestinga: tell me about equality 

Your flawed definition of racism also brings another issue. What if you are mixed race? Can you be racist if you are 50% white and 50% black? What if only 1 of your grandparents is black? Are your actions classified as racism or as prejudice?

By your theory racism between minorities wouldn't exist either which is bullshit

If you classify person's actions based on his skin color, then u are the racist here

@Craven Moorecox

Lol gurl, words get redefined by MULTIPLE sources, MULTIPLE times. They way you defines racism isn’t same from its origins or its intended purpose. I use white supremacy system as a example because it’s an example of the majority against minority. Racism is different in every country depending on who is the majority and who is the minority. I never said racism doesn’t exist between people of color, but none of the POC represent the majority in America. POC vs POC in America is a form of prejudiced, hatred, discrimination, ignorance. And the reason why I am talking about America is because of this instance of hirer ticket prices (which is the OP by the way, just incase your forgot while you were too busy putting words in mouth) happened in America. That instance is not racism. 

Boo, I am not a racist, I’m just an educator and you’re boo boo the fool :teehee:

Before putting words in mouth, consider you d*** instead :ally:

Faysalaaa
9 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Wait, are people here acting like institutionalized racism isn’t real?

I- 

Nobody is saying that, people are saying none institutional racism also exist. Not all racism is institutional.

PhillipBagshaw
Just now, Wigless said:

You literally just repeated what I quoted in  different words... 

Barely. I was saying that the reason racism is a systemic problem is because people with racial prejudices arrive in positions of power and allow their personal prejudices, consciously or not, affect their decisions and actions. It's like how there are a lot of white cops, and white people are generally socialized to believe that black people are more violent, stronger, etc. so when they experience a violent or volatile encounter with them, they typically react with over-aggressive force. One or two white cops doing that would be an individual issue, but the fact that it is happening with so many officers because these are people in positions of social power then evolve into a systemic issue.  

LM
1 minute ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Yeah, that is my argument. As a white person in America, if I was called bad things by a black person I would not consider that racist because the social implications are weaker than something I have to say. And the reason why I don't believe that would be racist is because that is a personal prejudice that has no larger social power.

That's pure bullshit. If black person attacks me for my race I don't really think about history and the power of white poeple. I get hurt just like every other person would no matter their race.

• Thanks 8

PhillipBagshaw
Just now, LM said:

That's pure bullshit. If black person attacks me for my race I don't really think about history and the power of white poeple. I get hurt just like every other person would no matter their race.

I didn't say I wouldn't get hurt, I just said I would consider it a prejudice issue and not racism. Because my opinions and positions think that racism is more systemic and institutional than personal prejudices. 

LM
4 minutes ago, Craven Moorecox said:

Lol gurl, words get redefined by MULTIPLE sources, MULTIPLE times. They way you defines racism isn’t same from its origins or its intended purpose. I use white supremacy system as a example because it’s an example of the majority against minority. Racism is different in every country depending on who is the majority and who is the minority. I never said racism doesn’t exist between people of color, but none of the POC represent the majority in America. POC vs POC in America is a form of prejudiced, hatred, discrimination, ignorance. And the reason why I am talking about America is because of this instance of hirer ticket prices (which is the OP by the way, just incase your forgot while you were too busy putting words in mouth) happened in America. That instance is not racism. 

Boo, I am not a racist, I’m just an educator and you’re boo boo the fool :teehee:

Before putting words in mouth, consider you d*** instead :ally:

I was talking about racism between minorities in America so your comment was totally unnecessary and pointless, but thank you anyway. 

so take your clown nose and bye

Edited by LM

LM
Just now, PhillipBagshaw said:

I didn't say I wouldn't get hurt, I just said I would consider it a prejudice issue and not racism. Because my opinions and positions think that racism is more systemic and institutional than personal prejudices. 

But an attack on a person for his race is a result of personal opinions and beliefs, not a result of any system

• Thanks 4

Craven Moorecox
Just now, LM said:

I was talking about racism between minorities in America so your comment was totally unnecessary and pointless, but thank you anyway

And like I said it doesn’t exist. Just extreme forms or prejudice, discrimination, hatred, and ignorance. Let me know when that stuff happen on a grand scale and I will agree but not until then so 

• Thanks 1

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, LM said:

But an attack on a person for his race is a result of personal opinions and beliefs, not a result of any system

It can be both, actually. If a system dictates "X is better than Y" individuals X have more of an incentive to discriminate against Y. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Thanks 2

Taide

Here we go again, America and it's obsession with race.

Sarah Tanno the terrorist of make up industry
  • Like 2

LM
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

It can be both, actually. If a system dictates "X is better than Y" individuals X have more of an incentive to discriminate against Y. 

Of course, but I don't think US or any European country is in this position

StarstruckIllusion
3 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

I was literally just talking about how people are socialized is the bigger problem in the country. People with racial biases and prejudices are in positions of power and this leads to, consciously or not, imbalances in power and who is punished for what in this country. 

Ma I think you just contradicted yourself, but luckily in the right way. Racism only affects discrimination in societal systems-it’s not the effect itself. The google dictionary definition is valid. Y’all are discussing the practicalities of it in class and that’s great bc you can attempt to solve real issues in real time, but to say that the effects itself is racism is literally just a misdefinition, and that’s why it’s hurting a productive resolution to other problems like this festival. 

I also feel the fighting fire with fire concept works here. 

How am I supposed to say black people are evilly systematically oppressed when they can also turn around and do evil **** like this? 

Then I have to argue that point to a lesser degree and then I look like a clown...