Detroit Music Festival Charges White People Double

Featured Posts

PhillipBagshaw
2 minutes ago, LM said:

u still have a lot to learn

The please, educate me :ladyhaha: 

IcePrincess
2 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

There is a difference between a written definition and working definition of racism. And yes, when a white person speaks down on a black person because of their race that has heavier implications due to historical events and contexts. If a black person said something against a white person regarding their race, it does not hold as much weight with their words because of what has happened in the past of our country and white people always being in power. 

At the end of the day you have your opinion on racism and I have mine, but just know that I work in sociology and have a deeper understanding than others and going around and around calling different definitions flawed won't get you anywhere. 

If you need to convince someone that you have a more knowledge and you need to write about it..then you don't have it hun

Edited by IcePrincess

PhillipBagshaw
Just now, Wigless said:

The hypocrisy of the first sentence SMELLs oh my lord, ride your high unicorn off a cliff. I really don’t wanna see you act like an academic when you really just tried to invalidate Google Dictionary just bc of the medium it’s on. 

Clownery and nothing more impure. 

The Google dictionary definition is not what the majority of people studying and talking about racism use, that's why I'm not focusing on it. Either way, telling someone to ride off a cliff in any discussion immediately invalidates anything else you have to say, imo. 

Faysalaaa
Just now, PhillipBagshaw said:

racism is not individual! prejudice is! racism comes from bigger historical and social contexts that can cause individual prejudices, but those individual prejudices do not evolve into racism in a country where there are very few minorities in power. 

I disagree, that is redefining racism. I already made an argument against this. If a KKK red neck racist moves to Saudi Arabia and starts calling me sand ******, is that not racist?

Wigless
2 minutes ago, LM said:

u still have a lot to learn

Imagine thinking racism in the system is a rules problem and not a judge/person problem. 

Literally no rules in the system saying “jail black people 15% more.”

Its just the racist individuals who need to go. Its just plain racism. Adding a fancy word is just gonna confuse things, and it has :messga:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PhillipBagshaw
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

I disagree, that is redefining racism. I already made an argument against this. If a KKK red neck racist moves to Saudi Arabia and starts calling me sand ******, is that not racist?

Considering that that is a very different culture that I am not fully aware of, I don't have the answer to that. Racism is different depending on the culture that it is in. I cannot speak on a person's actions in a society that I do not know about. 

Morphine Prince

Wait, are people here acting like institutionalized racism isn’t real?

I- 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Thanks 3

LM
2 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

There is a difference between a written definition and working definition of racism. And yes, when a white person speaks down on a black person because of their race that has heavier implications due to historical events and contexts. If a black person said something against a white person regarding their race, it does not hold as much weight with their words because of what has happened in the past of our country and white people always being in power. 

That's racist sis 

• Like 5

PhillipBagshaw
3 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

If you need to convince someone that you have a more knowledge ..then you don't have it.

There's a difference between trying to convince someone that you know something and saying how you know it. I've been in conversations before where someone immediately discounts what I have to say because they think I've learned it on Twitter or the internet when in actuality I've studied it and read so much about it. That's why I brought it up, it wasn't me convincing, it was just me saying where I've had my information come from. 

IcePrincess

Everybody forget about main topic that white people need to pay more for the same event... That's gross

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

mindless

Why are we continuing to fight the fights of our ancestors. It’s a new generation for a ****ing reason, I can’t believe we are not only still dealing with BS like racism and homophobia, but are making it even worse :saladga:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Faysalaaa
4 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Considering that that is a very different culture that I am not fully aware of, I don't have the answer to that. Racism is different depending on the culture that it is in. I cannot speak on a person's actions in a society that I do not know about. 

Its not that complicated, my country Saudi Arabia has no white power and white institutional racism. Arab Muslims have that power which means a KKK red neck racism calling me a sand niggger is not racist. That is literally your argument which is not consistent.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 1

PhillipBagshaw
3 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Imagine thinking racism in the system is a rules problem and not a judge/person problem. 

Literally no rules in the system saying “jail black people 15% more.”

Its just the racist individuals who need to go. Its just plain racism. Adding a fancy word is just gonna confuse things, and it has :messga:

But the amount of people that have racial biases in positions of power create systemic racial problems. And very few people make the conscious decision to jail a black person over a white person, but it is just the way that people in this country are socialized. The problems run deeper than just plain statistics. It comes down to how people are raised, what they are taught. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PhillipBagshaw
1 minute ago, Faysalaaa said:

Its not that complicated, my country Saudi Arabia has no white power and white institutional racism, its the opposite. Arab Muslims have that power which means a KKK red neck racism calling me a sand ****** is not racist. That is literally your argument.

Yeah, that is my argument. As a white person in America, if I was called bad things by a black person I would not consider that racist because the social implications are weaker than something I have to say. And the reason why I don't believe that would be racist is because that is a personal prejudice that has no larger social power.

Edited by PhillipBagshaw
  • Like 1

Wigless
1 minute ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

The Google dictionary definition is not what the majority of people studying and talking about racism use, that's why I'm not focusing on it. Either way, telling someone to ride off a cliff in any discussion immediately invalidates anything else you have to say, imo. 

Your unwillingness to argue is the only thing that invalidates anything I have to say, first and clearest, of all. Literally wasn’t saying to go commit suicide, was only talking about the animal, so please keep the victim card in your pocket.

Secondly, you can still be racist even without power so I don’t know what’s clicking w y’all but it’s absolutely not the most definition people use bc it’s not even in the dictionary (they’d update it if it actually meant something) and the whole reason there’s an imbalance power is bc of racist beliefs. Y’all ain’t at the root of the problem and it shows. 

• Like 2