Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Meryl, Nicole and Ariana to star in The Prom musical adaptation

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

Meryl Streep will star alongside James Corden, Nicole Kidman and Ariana Grande, with Awkwafina, Keegan-Michael Key and Andrew Rannells playing key roles. Sources said Murphy will get underway directing the film adaptation of the Broadway hit in December, for a fall 2020 awards season release in theaters before it airs on the streamer.

In Prom, Streep will play Dee Dee Allen, a two-time Tony winner who teams with Corden’s Barry Glickman in a flop musical about Eleanor Roosevelt. After career-ending reviews, they decide — along with Broadway babies Kidman as Angie Dickinson and Rannells (Book of Mormon) as Trent Oliver — to champion a cause to rehabilitate their careers. They find one in Emma, a high school senior in Indiana who isn’t allowed to take her girlfriend to the prom. A nationwide search led by casting director Alexa Fogel is on to fill the role of Emma.

Grande will star as Alyssa, a popular daughter of the head of the PTA. Awkwafina will play the group’s publicist Ms. Sheldon, and Key will play Streep’s love interest and Emma’s ally, Principal Hawkins.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/ryan-murphy-meryl-streep-prom-netflix-movie-musical-nicole-kidman-james-corden-ariana-grande-awkwafina-keegan-michael-key-andrew-rannells-star-1202637550/

WIG at this cast :giveup: 

who will love me when the night is over

BUtterfield 8

meryl-streep-nicole-kidman-ryan-murphy-e

Deadline hears he will direct and produce the feature adaptation of the Tony-nominated stage musical The Prom and has secured a cast that puts Netflix in new starpower territory.

Meryl Streep will star alongside James Corden, Nicole Kidman and Ariana Grande, with Awkwafina, Keegan-Michael Key and Andrew Rannells playing key roles. Sources said Murphy will get underway directing the film adaptation of the Broadway hit in December, for a fall 2020 awards season release in theaters before it airs on the streamer.

In Prom, Streep will play Dee Dee Allen, a two-time Tony winner who teams with Corden’s Barry Glickman in a flop musical about Eleanor Roosevelt. After career-ending reviews, they decide — along with Broadway babies Kidman as Angie Dickinson and Rannells (Book of Mormon) as Trent Oliver — to champion a cause to rehabilitate their careers. They find one in Emma, a high school senior in Indiana who isn’t allowed to take her girlfriend to the prom. A nationwide search led by casting director Alexa Fogel is on to fill the role of Emma.

Grande will star as Alyssa, a popular daughter of the head of the PTA. Awkwafina will play the group’s publicist Ms. Sheldon, and Key will play Streep’s love interest and Emma’s ally, Principal Hawkins.

Murphy will produce the soundtrack along with Grande and her manager, Scooter Braun.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/ryan-murphy-meryl-streep-prom-netflix-movie-musical-nicole-kidman-james-corden-ariana-grande-awkwafina-keegan-michael-key-andrew-rannells-star-1202637550/amp/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

ferretti

WOWOWOWWOW.

I dunno if Ariana can really act, but that is def the role for her. Meryl can't sing that part, but she'll act it so well, it doesn't matter. Andrew is going to KILL that role. KILL it. Corden is going to be SO GOOD. OMG.

I am SO EXCITED. I saw this musical this past weekend and it was so good!

disco stick tester, inquire within

Enzoooo

:woot:

I’m freaking out, I’m so excited for this movie!! Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande, And Nicole Kidman all in one movie?! 

DeleteMyAccount

Eh, not interested in Ari in an LGBTQ role after her hypocrisy.

Sorcerer

Unsure about all this casting because the original Broadway cast of The Prom is perfect, but we'll see.

warrentw

Hopefully it’s nothing like her dreadful performance as penny from hairspray live 

Guest Adarsh

Really excited for Meryl, Nicole and Ryan working together. I hope Ariana and James Corden don’t ruin it :saladga:

Spock
1 hour ago, ferretti said:

WOWOWOWWOW.

I dunno if Ariana can really act, but that is def the role for her. Meryl can't sing that part, but she'll act it so well, it doesn't matter. Andrew is going to KILL that role. KILL it. Corden is going to be SO GOOD. OMG.

I am SO EXCITED. I saw this musical this past weekend and it was so good!

Meryl is going to be amazing either way, but Deedee reminded me so much of Sue Sylvester :rip: Jane Lynch would have been so perfect for the role

who will love me when the night is over

JazzGa
1 hour ago, ZacharyMark said:

Eh, not interested in Ari in an LGBTQ role after her hypocrisy.

She isn't in an LGBTQ role. She is playing the "popular girl". There is supposedly a nationwide talent search on to find the girl who will play Emma, the gay teen. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Max

Excited for Meryl and Nicole since they‘re my favourite actresses besides Sandra Bullock.

I hope James Corden doesn’t ruin it like he did in Oceans Eight :rip:

Archived