Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ed Sheeran Is On Track for the No. 1 Concert Tour of All Time.

Hybrid AT

Featured Posts

Hybrid AT

Pop star Ed Sheeran is close to breaking the record for the highest-grossing concert tour ever—despite bucking nearly every money-making trend in the business.

The English singer-songwriter charges less for shows than other stars: Tickets for his top-selling tour last year averaged about $89 compared with more than $116 for Taylor Swift and Jay-Z/Beyoncé, the next-most-lucrative tours. He eschews common revenue-generating tactics like pricey VIP-perk packages and expensive fan meet-and-greets. He aggressively combats scalping and endears himself to fans with profit-shrinking gestures like surprise free upgrades to front-row seats.

Mr. Sheeran makes his money simply by performing more shows—94 last year compared with about 50 each for Taylor Swift and Jay-Z/Beyoncé, according to Pollstar. The approach has his current tour, which ends Aug. 26, on track to overtake U2’s crown for the highest all-time gross, according to a WSJ analysis of Pollstar data and estimates from Mr. Sheeran’s team. He has already broken U2’s record for attendance.

“To millennials and Gen Z, Ed is the real deal—the most authentic artist of their time,” says Lori Majewski, co-host of the “Feedback” show on SiriusXM’s Volume channel. :triggered:

His team projects the tour will exceed $750 million before wrapping up this summer. That’s enough to surpass U2’s 360˚ Tour, which grossed $735 million from 2009 to 2011, without adjusting for inflation, according to Pollstar.

“He told me before the tour even started—I want to break U2’s record,” says Louis Messina, a veteran agent and tour promoter who handles Mr. Sheeran’s North American dates. 

His team projects the tour will exceed $750 million before wrapping up this summer. That’s enough to surpass U2’s 360˚ Tour, which grossed $735 million from 2009 to 2011, without adjusting for inflation, according to Pollstar.

Full article: https://www.wsj.com/articles/ed-sheeran-is-on-track-for-the-no-1-concert-tour-of-all-time-heres-how-11560936602

giphy.gif

Imho he, of all the other artists doesn't deserve this record. He is snobbish and full of himself and makes forgettable music. Not hating, but I just don't understand his success. 

Oh well, can't wait for his collaborations project and the - (subtraction) album to obliterate music records :lana:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

I am.... nauseated. 

BlingNotTheMusic

Kudos to him for working hard, he clearly deserves the praise. His music is definitely not my cup of tea but numbers don't lie. Oh his attitude sucks too :lolly:

7 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

Kudos to him for working hard, he clearly deserves the praise. His music is definitely not my cup of tea but numbers don't lie. Oh his attitude sucks too :lolly:

Exactly what I was going to say.

19 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

He is snobbish and full of himself and makes forgettable music. Not hating, 

:poot:

Hybrid AT

the-stench-39249007.png

tenor.gif

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Sorcerer

I can't believe the title for the highest grossing tour of all time will not even belong to an iconic music legend.

Hybrid AT
4 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

:poot:

It's just facts sis what's the face all about its been proven multiple times that his attitude is problematic

14 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

See? Others agree too

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgI5XRerx_a7a46gTrbXd

michael angelo
16 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

:vegas:

we could belong together

michael angelo

And I thought I was the only person in the room who didn’t like him wow! Gaga really thought us that we’re never alone! Paws up little monstras! :ladyhaha:

we could belong together

9 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

It's just facts sis what's the face all about its been proven multiple times that his attitude is problematic

dw I agree, it's just funny how you were like 'not hating' but you were dragging him :poot:

'no offence but ur ugly as ****' teas :deadbanana:

Hybrid AT
8 minutes ago, miguelxgaga said:

And I thought I was the only person in the room who didn’t like him wow! Gaga really thought us that we’re never alone! Paws up little monstras! :ladyhaha:

As the wise sis BoomKack once said

tumblr_mkacvi6VYb1rmwzf7o1_400.gif

Hybrid AT
3 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

dw I agree, it's just funny how you were like 'not hating' but you were dragging him :poot:

'no offence but ur ugly as ****' teas :deadbanana:

Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were being shady, my bad :heart::hug:

Archived