Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I kinda wish ENIGMA didn't happen...

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

PlastiscGuy

I kinda wish ENIGMA didn't happen so soon. 

Don't get me wrong, I love when Gaga tours, but this time it just feels... Wrong.

I get it, she signed a contract, and there was no way she could have guessed how big ASIB would be, how much it would smash. But still, it all seems so... Rushed. She's just been here for 10 years, and relying on her old hits feels sad. 

ENIGMA is something else. You can tell she's only relying on her old hits. And it's not really even a show for her fans anymore. Yeah, I could probably complain about the stupidly high prices and the unprofessionalism of Bobby by literally saying 'Gaga won't tour worldwide, but come to Vegas" as if it was that easy. But no. I'm talking about the fact this residency is something fans have seen before. Multiple times. Repetitive storyline, repetitive same old songs, that she didn't even take the time to revamp and make them sound, at least, a little more fresh. Same boring choreographies. Same concept as always. And two or three fan favorites to excuse the show and pretend it's for the fans. 

She's been ignoring ARTPOP and Joanne as it didn't exist. She did it on the Superbowl, she did it on the own Joanne tour (Yeah, she performed a few songs from the album, but the tour was like longer Coachella 2.0, it didn't even fit the album aesthetic, nor story)

You can tell she doesn't even enjoy performing sometimes, she sounds EXHAUSTED! And she loves performing, but it's too much for her. And for what? Money? Yeah, money's great, but doing the same things for year is tiring, and not only for her. Not only for the GP, but for her fans as well.

ENIGMA happened too soon. She could have taken a time for herself after ASIB era. She could have rest, take her time to finish LG6, feed the chickens or whatever and then return. Do something new, something fresh. Reinvent herself one more time. 

Hell, she could have just done the jazz shows (which, she clearly enjoys doing more) instead, and it'd all work perfectly. She'd do what she likes, without the pressure a show like ENIGMA has. Yeah, fans would probably not be over it, but you don't see them going crazy over ENIGMA really either. At least not in a positive way.

Now she's doing these private shows, and yeah, they work as paid rehearsals and whatever you want to say to convince yourself. But is money really worth it? We know this is a business industry, and money is all it matters, it's a thing that always mattered. But seeing Gaga consumed by it, feels just... Wrong. Sad. 

I wish Gaga would change her mind. Stop trying to do so many things at once. Relax, ignore what's trending, what her team and fans say. Just take the right time to do stuff. Don't rush anything and try to chase money. We've seen how bad it can be for her in the long-term. The overexposure, the bad decisions, the messy marketing... 

Just take your time, Gaga. Even if fans die of waiting, just do it. Put yourself and the world that surrounds you a limit. Try to find yourself.

PG.

PlastiscGuy

Also, the fact she seems to be trying so hard to prove that she can do this, she can do that... :saladga: it really must be exhausting.

Can she take a break? A real one.  She needs it. She truly does.

EDIT: I know she shouldn't have to do that, but if she could just be more open about things... Communicate more. Say things in public. If you're gonna take a break, then say it and do it. Just don't disappear, knowing your fanbase will think you're as cryptic as you were in the first 3 years of your career :air: I know she doesn't owe us anything, but trust me, it'd be more cool and chill and she wouldn't get the hate she gets now. (I want to believe that, although we know her fanbase is pretty toxic anyway)

PG.

SHALLOW

This post is kinda negative but i  agree that i wish she did it differently or didn't do it at all.

I just think they could fix so many little things that would make the show at least more enjoyable for everyone but it seems they just stuck with that and aren't changing anything

Like, i'd rather have more simple but decent outfits and that wig NEEDS TO GO and also some acting parts are kinda cringey and the Enigma storyline is a little confusing.

I just think that the Enigma storyline would've fit better alongside an album with same or similar concept. But it doesn't make that much sense when it's done like that. Like i don't see that much of connection between the storyline and her/her career besides the fact that she's always been an Enigma.

JR Gg

The one that needs a break is you. 

So many untrue statements in one post. Donald Trump's twitter CAN RELATE. :awkney:

PlastiscGuy
1 minute ago, HoldenC said:

ENIGMA was billed as journey through her pop hits so I am still confused, all these months later, why fans are pressed the setlist consists mostly of the singles. I wish there were some deep cuts tossed in (why VENUS is excluded is absolutely horrifying) but it is clear this was a show created to celebrate 10 of Gaga. 

I just feel it's too soon :air: 

Perhaps, I don't understand much about how residencies work, but I don't know. I don't want Gaga to cement herself this early. Like I said, she could be doing the Jazz shows and it'd be okay, but something about ENIGMA seems off. Maybe it's because she just got out of a show with the same old songs, and it feels a little overwhelming. I'm not sure.

I really want her to take a break, so she can be able to rethink things and come back and, perhaps not do something different and shocking, but at least do something she feels comfortable with and not something that will only give her money and not a good feeling.

PG.

PlastiscGuy
3 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

The one that needs to break is you. 

So many untrue statements in one post. Donald Trump's twitter CAN RELATE. :awkney:

That's why it's tagged under opinion. It's my opinion, you have a different one? Great. We all can have them. 

PG.

JR Gg
Just now, PlastiscGuy said:

That's why it's tagged under opinion. It's my opinion, you have a different one? Great. We all can have them. 

Your opinion starts with...

You can tell... 

Yeah, that's not how you state an opinion. :awkney:

holy scheisse

As negative and complainy as this thread might come across, I agree with you tbh. I can't stand how much of enigma relies on her old music. I was kinda shocked to see how the setlist is almost entirely old sh*t from 8+ years ago... But I guess this is what she wanted? Or she just acknowledges that her old stuff is better than her new stuff? Or she just wants to pander to nostalgia and play the songs the GP might remember a line of.I see how you feel like she's always trying to prove she can be artistic in a different area all the time.  I too wish she just stayed in her lane and kept building up hern own music rather than foraying into movies, tv, jazz covers... Etc. But again this is what she wants so. That's why she's the artist and were the public :laughga::lana:

PlastiscGuy
1 minute ago, JR Gg said:

Your opinion starts with...

You can tell... 

Yeah, that's not how you state an opinion. :awkney:

It's a way to say it, to state it can be a little noticeable :saladga:

If you want to argue, just lemme know so I can come back when I feel more like fighting :huntyga:

PG.

LGMonster95

If Gaga wanted to make this show happen then that means it was her choice and this is really just a side tour to keep her performing because It's obvious that she loves doing those shows. Enigma is literally just a celebration of the past 10 years, not a goodbye tour not anything like this and it should not be taken that seriously, she even bring "that" Gaga for the fans who kept asking her. Just saying being that dramatic about it will only affect you 

PlastiscGuy
1 minute ago, HoldenC said:

This is the thing though, residences don't really cement artists anymore. Cher, for instance, is on a world tour right now despite still being signed at the Park Theatre too. There is a rotating list of performers at many Vegas venues who continue to tour despite being "cemented" as you say in Vegas. The perception that Vegas kills is old and disproven many times. 

That's why I said I might not understand how the whole thing works :ohno: I'm still learning about it.

PG.

PlastiscGuy
1 minute ago, LGMonster95 said:

If Gaga wanted to make this show happen then that means it was her choice and this is really just a side tour to keep her performing because It's obvious that she loves doing those shows. Enigma is literally just a celebration of the past 10 years, not a goodbye tour not anything like this and it should not be taken that seriously, she even bring "that" Gaga for the fans who kept asking her. Just saying being that dramatic about it will only affect you 

I'm just saying sometimes it feels Gaga only do stuff to please everyone :air: she never takes breaks, she's always working and the overexposure is bad. She really needs to start asking herself "what do I want?" and start doing what she wants. Even if that costs her a few fans. 

PG.

G U C C I

Whether she enjoys it or not she is a business herself. She employees hundreds or people just based off her name and career. If she doesn't do something to pay them then they will go elsewhere. Sure she gets paid royalties and her music will always make money along with investments but the type of cash she needs to keep her team/family/security/haus on hand like they have been for ten years??? That's a lot to have to deal with. She still has to "work" and that's what the residency and private gigs are. I just hope she is OK and happy but lets face it these kind of things have never been what makes her happy. After her new album and her new vision are released I'm sure we will see the more artistic and musically driven Gaga come back. 

Guest Anisko

I get what u want to say ..but the fact that we're keeping getting dissapointed about gaga's decisions can't change anything, cause guess what ? She truly don't care about her fans anymore (no offense) ... In the last few months I develop a mentality that lead me to not care anymore and now I think She can do whatever she wants to do .that's not my business 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived