💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Bad Viral Tweets by LM (recent 1 by ladygaga@amenARTPOP) Can Get Bad Press

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

Not to play twitter police again, but LadyGaga@AmenARTPOP posted an old racist, photoshopped meme of Gaga from last year yesterday as a joke—and brought it back to people's attention because it poked the Beyhive. It also went semi-viral, to the point that a non Gaga fan friend of mine tweeted in disgust about it. Most people are smart enough to realize it's photoshopped, but some think it's a "real" image of Gaga (probably because they can't imagine what kind of insane fan would photoshop their "idol" in such a problematic way) which is not good.

I know this has been talked to death in the past and some of you all will yell at me, but if you have a twitter account can you ask her to take it down. I know she's deleted/blocked some people who told her to cut it out or called it out for being racist, but if enough of us do it....perhaps it will work. Scroll down on her timeline and you will see it.

The reason I mentioned this though is not just because it's racist and f*cked up (and some people think the image is real smdh)...but because it's from an account that's just big enough to get attention. If there wasn't a ton of real news and celeb news right now, it probably would have gone more viral. I've seen dumb, pointless "think pieces" in the past about toxic stan culture that wrongly slam celebrities for their fans insane behavior (imo journalists should ignore and not bring attention to this type of ish, but they don't). It's one thing when this twitter drama stays on twitter, another when it spills over and gets headlines in Buzzfeed. And this is the type of sh* t that would defn. get the attention of people writing think pieces, and Gaga really doesn't need it with the Met Gala coming up and new music. As LM, collectively, maybe we should play twitter police when we see racist or bullying or other problematic ish (and I'm not talking about something that is mildly problematic, but straight up blatantly wrong) going viral by other LM on twitter. Not only because it's the right thing to do to call out bullying/racism, but also because it can screw with Gaga's press and LM as a whole (she ain't getting back on SM when LM act like this).

RAMROD

Always give it to her own stan, namely twatter stans, to sabotage her career :gayhat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Always give it to her own stan, namely twatter stans, to sabotage her career :gayhat:

Yep. Like logically, people shouldn't blame celebs for their stans but some do. I've certainly seen even critics semi-blame celebs for their stans. And people should be able to realize sh*t is photoshopped (most do) but some don't.

People shouldn't do it in the first place because it's wrong, but even if they don't understand the problem you think they would at least "get" that other people have a problem with it and that it could get bad press for Gaga by dragging her name into headlines about toxic, racist, bullying stan culture. But they don't....

Inferno

The twitter monsters are the worst. They are truly the ones that make us all look dumb af in most instances.

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, Inferno said:

The twitter monsters are the worst. They are truly the ones that make us all look dumb af in most instances.

I get that most won't recognize/take responsibility for their problematic behavior (and it's pointless to call them out all the time), but I don't understand how they can't grasp that bad tweets that go viral can go "off" twitter and hurt Gaga with actual headlines by putting her name next to words like toxic, racist, bullying, etc—and people often just look at the headlines and see her name and those words without "twitter stans" and think she's responsible.

Which is why I do think LM should play twitter police at times (not only because it's f*cked up, but because it reflects badly on Gaga and other fans), at least with viral or semi-viral tweets.

StarstruckIllusion

Glad we have each other blocked 💅

LilyLark
1 minute ago, LateToCult said:

Nnn. Was it the “first black woman to headline Coachella” one?  :air:

Yeah. Like if it was just a joke that she was the first black woman, whatever. I could see people finding it offensive, but honestly it wouldn't be that bad imo. But that photoshopped image...crosses the line and then some. Sad thing is some idiots actually think that image is real, too.

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Sis, you really don't get that the photoshop pic is racist AF?

LateToCult
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah. Like if it was just a joke that she was the first black woman, whatever. I could see people finding it offensive, but honestly it wouldn't be that bad imo. But that photoshopped image...crosses the line and then some. Sad thing is some idiots actually think that image is real, too.

I wouldn’t worry about that tweet getting a lot of attention. It’s at 7k likes and less than 2k retweets. That’s not anywhere near viral.  If people are dumb enough to think it’s real then that’s on them.

SCHEISSEMONTRE
28 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Isn’t that all Twitter Stans?

Mychal

mindintransit

They aren't real fans.
Gaga's name shouldn't  be connected to them.
Unless you can disconnect them from social media there's nothing to be done.
I wonder if it might be counter productive to give them attention on GGD.  
Everyone who matters knows that Lady Gaga is an exceptionally good person.

Inferno
6 minutes ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

Isn’t that all Twitter Stans?

Yes and no, at any rate the others don't apply to me obv.

Andrea B
26 minutes ago, Wigless said:

:awkney:...

LilyLark
28 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I wouldn’t worry about that tweet getting a lot of attention. It’s at 7k likes and less than 2k retweets. That’s not anywhere near viral.  If people are dumb enough to think it’s real then that’s on them.

Yeah, true it only went semi-viral. Probably, in part, because there's enough real life news (and celeb gossip). I still think LM should occasionally play twitter police by telling people to cut it out when they see that sort of ish going semi viral or viral—it's not worth wasting time on problematic tweets that aren't going viral, tbh, especially as the original people who post it won't recognize it's wrong half the time.

Archived