Stefani Tee
politics

Bernie Sanders Converts Fox News Audience

Featured Posts

Marilyn MonHoe
5 hours ago, Whispering said:

He does, but that won’t work with Trump's crazy base. You can’t bring logic to an emotional fight. His base will follow him, no matter what. 

I agree with you. But at this point in his presidency Trump’s base is a lost cause and Bernie doesn’t need them. His views reflect the views of the American people and surprisingly a majority of Republicans, such as Medicare for all. Most polls show that Bernie will demolish Trump in a landslide victory if he can win the democratic nomination

• Like 3

Marilyn MonHoe
8 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I can't tell if you're serious, but if you're actually considering voting for this Very Acceptable to Straights, Normal, Not Queer Gay Guy™ (that has zero policy proposals, no ideology and is currently arguing to keep trans activist Chelsea Manning in prison for exposing US war crimes: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2020-candidate-pete-buttigieg-troubled-by-clemency-for-chelsea-manning/) for some (?) reason, you should probably read this: https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/03/all-about-pete

Make sure you get to the part about the massive racial and wealth inequity, opioid crisis and eviction crisis in the town "Mayor Pete" presides over and has done next to nothing to address. I literally have no idea why anyone would vote for this guy. There's nothing to vote for.

Yes thank you! Pete was quoted by Vice as saying that we “shouldn’t focus so much on policy but more on values”.... bitch what??? No one cares about your values, they want to see your POLICIES and what you stand for! Give me a break :saladga:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OG Gaga Stan
6 hours ago, FATCAT said:

Tearing down a gay man WITH A HUSBAND because he's not gay enough? It's this purist bullsh!t that keeps the gay community from making strides. I'm not a flamboyant guy, does that make me lesser? I don't watch Ru Pauls drag race and fit the stereotype, does that make me lesser? Your rhetoric on this is sickening.

I’m not “tearing him down.” I’m criticizing his record (which you conveniently ignored). He’s a politician. The idea that I would give a politician a pass because he’s gay is moronic. :laughga:

And regarding his extremely safe gay image: he’s working to project that image to voters. Politics is theater. He’s carefully constructed this “American Everyman, Christian, military participant that just happens to be gay” identity to appeal to the American public. I’m not criticizing him for “not being gay enough.” I don’t give a sh*t about his mannerisms or the fact that he’s married. I’m criticizing him for using his gay identity as a way to differentiate himself from the other candidates while also operating from a centrist political perspective that runs antithetical to the entirety of the history of queer activism. Queer identity has always been tied to radical politics. He doesn’t want to upend an oppressive system that has systematically disenfranchised our people (and trans people moreso): he wants to be a part of that system. That’s not what queer activists have ever stood for.

I’m not even going to touch that absolute bullsh*t about “purity” being the thing that holds queer people back, as if radical queer activists aren’t the reason we both have any of the rights that we have now. I’m begging you to do any research on queer history before throwing out some hilarious, ahistorical line like that again. :messga:

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

PunkTheFunk
8 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I can't tell if you're serious, but if you're actually considering voting for this Very Acceptable to Straights, Normal, Not Queer Gay Guy™ (that has zero policy proposals, no ideology and is currently arguing to keep trans activist Chelsea Manning in prison for exposing US war crimes: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2020-candidate-pete-buttigieg-troubled-by-clemency-for-chelsea-manning/) for some (?) reason, you should probably read this: https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/03/all-about-pete

Make sure you get to the part about the massive racial and wealth inequity, opioid crisis and eviction crisis in the town "Mayor Pete" presides over and has done next to nothing to address. I literally have no idea why anyone would vote for this guy. There's nothing to vote for.

Oh I'm not joking. :vegas: I'm Canadian so I have no say in this election, but if I was American I'd still vote for Pete 100%.

"Very Acceptable to Straights, Normal, Not Queer Gay Guy™" -- not every gay person has to be a flamboyant, RPDR watching Gaga stan :poot: Pete is authentically himself and he talks about his sexuality all the time.

"Make sure you get to the part about the massive racial and wealth inequity, opioid crisis" -- these are issues in many towns across America, not just South Bend. 

Every politician has some negatives if we pick them apart. I don't hate Bernie. I just like Pete a lot better.

#Marianne2020
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

OG Gaga Stan
10 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

"Very Acceptable to Straights, Normal, Not Queer Gay Guy™" -- not every gay person has to be a flamboyant, RPDR watching Gaga stan :poot: Pete is authentically himself and he talks about his sexuality all the time.

No one is saying they have to. I don't love Drag Race. I'm not super femme. As I addressed in the post above, that's not what I'm talking about.

11 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

"Make sure you get to the part about the massive racial and wealth inequity, opioid crisis" -- these are issues in many towns across America, not just South Bend. 

...but he didn't do anything about it?! That's what I'm criticizing. It was his job to address these issues and he didn't. He spent his time writing an autobiography painting himself as an up and coming star in the Democratic party so he could run for president.

14 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Every politician has some negatives if we pick them apart. I don't hate Bernie. I just like Pete a lot better.

Based on what? He hasn't committed to any political positions, he hasn't put forth any political policy goals, and he thinks the US government should've kept torturing Chelsea Manning in solitary confinement. Mediocre record, no policy, no ideology. What in the world is there to vote for? There's nothing to go off of for this guy other than the fact that he's gay, and I know you wouldn't support someone solely for that reason.

• Like 2

Melech
44 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I’m criticizing him for using his gay identity as a way to differentiate himself from the other candidates while also operating from a centrist political perspectiv

You can be centrist and Queer. 

• LMAO 1

uo111

Bernie will be the candidate I vote for unless Pete starts actually standing for something.

Not that it matters, top dems will push through Biden, who literally no one cares for anymore, and he will lose to trump.

• Like 1

PartySick
8 hours ago, Whispering said:

He does, but that won’t work with Trump's crazy base. You can’t bring logic to an emotional fight. His base will follow him, no matter what. 

I think Bernie could sway some of them with healthcare/prescription drug talks.

But he'll lose them when he gets into office and talks to the brick wall of senate (middle-ground Dems and GOP) and doesn't get a thing actually done.

That was, is, and likely will be my entire problem with him. He has great ideas and he's a strong voice but he really has no feasible path or pragmatic plan to achieve the things he's talking about. He's just blowing smoke up everyone's ass really.

Still leagues better than Trump but I'd still prefer even a moderate that will do something over a preacher that'll be reduced to sitting on his hands for 4-8 years.

9 hours ago, derpmonster said:

I'll just warn you that the GP that often decides elections that's undecided in their vote isn't moderate. It's clear from the last election people want a clear, strong platform. Much of Hillary's criticism was that she didn't stand for anything.  Trump won the Republican primary because his platform was the strongest. People really want that right now.

Not only has Hillary always stood for "something", she even adopted some of Sanders' ideals into her platform after she beat him and made them realistic goals by applying her pragmatism and experience. Instead of "I win and wave my magic wand and BOOM! free healthcare, college, and renewable energy for all!" It was "I win and we get to work. We set goals and dates to achieve them. Within the first term, we'll be well on our way to affordable college, the first four years free. We'll continue to build off the groundwork law that is the ACA to expand medicare coverage to all citizens. We'll lay the foundation to completely reconstruct our energy sector to be based off of 100% renewable and clean energies by 2030/2050." (I can't remember which she said :rip:).

I realize a lot of American voters didn't care enough to research both people and what they stand for but the fault is entirely on the ones that chose a tv personality/racist lunatic/punk born with a silver spoon up his ass that was saying nothing of substance over a smart woman with real ideas that would help real people for a really long time.

Again, I hope he proves me wrong and he'll probably be getting my vote regardless. Just saying. Still holding out hope for Warren and Harris. Those two make the most sense to me right now because they come across as professionals with real ideas and goals not as the jester at a pep rally with a t-shirt cannon that shoots "Feel the Bern!" tees made of hemp.

If it takes a t-shirt cannon to win then sign me up I guess, I'm just not happy about it.

I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.

PartySick
4 hours ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

I agree with you. But at this point in his presidency Trump’s base is a lost cause and Bernie doesn’t need them. His views reflect the views of the American people and surprisingly a majority of Republicans, such as Medicare for all. Most polls show that Bernie will demolish Trump in a landslide victory if he can win the democratic nomination

While I agree with you, remember that polls also had Hillary demolishing Trump.

Which she did, by 3 million votes, but apparently the people's will doesn't mean much anymore.

Edited by PartySick
I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.

Marilyn MonHoe
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

While I agree with you, remember that polls also had Hillary demolishing Trump.

Which she did, by 3 million votes, but apparently the people's will doesn't mean much anymore.

The 2016 presidential race was a contest between two of the most unpopular presidential candidates in modern history, which made for a very volatile and unstable political landscape. That means that when bad news broke out for either Trump or Clinton there would be a massive change in polls going in either direction. What put the nail in the coffin for Clinton was when the FBI reopened their case into her emails. She was on the defensive for the last 2 weeks of the campaign and failed to gain anymore traction while her leads in the polls shrunk more and more. Then when you add in her corporate interests and Trump’s appeal to the working class... it was all over for her.

Meanwhile Bernie has been the most popular politician in America since 2016. Why? Because he has consistently proved that he stands for the the average working class and not for the elite, unlike Hillary Clinton. Like I said before he can gain traction not only with Democrats but Republicans as well because Progressive policies receive majority support in both parties. This makes Bernie the front runner not only for the democratic nomination, but the presidential nomination as well.

• Thanks 1

Whispering
5 hours ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

You are correct, in that a Democratic challenger does not need Trump’s base.

Trump’s base is the Republicans...and they will not vote for anyone that doesn’t have an R beside their name. The Republicans are voting for Trump. 

lairofhk

Bernie is the one, I’ve been saying that since 2016, if ppl would give him a legitimate chance and not constantly disparage him. He can beat Trump. I said that in 2016 and  I’m still saying that. After seeing this I donated another $27 to his campaign. I have so much faith in this man. Just hoping this time around people won’t grossly underestimate him like they did before. We need him. 

Edited by lairofhk
  • Like 2

Marilyn MonHoe
46 minutes ago, Whispering said:

You are correct, in that a Democratic challenger does not need Trump’s base.

Trump’s base is the Republicans...and they will not vote for anyone that doesn’t have an R beside their name. The Republicans are voting for Trump. 

I agree that Republicans are usually tribal-like in that they always vote in their own. But in Bernie’s case he has crossover appeal for Republicans because of his progressive policies. Don’t take my word for it, look at the polls! They show that Sanders beats Trump almost every time, including the Faux News polls.

• Like 1