Stefani Tee
society

Notre Dame cathedral in Paris on fire

Featured Posts

MANiCURE 6
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

One of the towers caught on fire.

No, both towers are safe for now :-)

But the fire is getting close to them...

Edited by MANiCURE 6
  • Love 1

theARTVampire
6 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Really? They aren’t showing that on my news yet. :giveup:

Fire.jpg

but they say they are saved now

Edited by theARTVampire

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, Robagaga said:

I am not the person that started to compare tragedies but I will sure as hell respond when someone will do so. 

I am not gonna sit by when someone insults my country and compares it to something COMPLETELY and UTTERLY different in scale in magnitude. Its as if someone would say: "why is no one making a fuss about the collosal 9.0 earthquake in Japan, not as many people cared when there was a 6.3 earthquake in Peru!" 

All you do by saying that are insulting the huge amount of people that are being hurt by this tragedy. 

There is a need to compare tragedies when someone is saying that what is happening now to france is on the same scale as what happened to Louisiana

Love. Don’t dont do the same thing and compare. Ignore it and know that so many people feel for you and your country. :heart:

⚯͛

mister max

This is crazy :ohno: I was there just last year and to think that beautiful and breathtaking place is on fire is just... 

i dont have words for it

• Like 3
  • Love 1

GypsyBabe
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

No, both towers are safe for now :-)

But the fire is getting close to them...

They just reported that the left tower is beginning to burn. 

⚯͛
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Robagaga said:

I am not the person that started to compare tragedies but I will sure as hell respond when someone will do so. 

I am not gonna sit by when someone insults my country and compares it to something COMPLETELY and UTTERLY different in scale in magnitude. Its as if someone would say: "why is no one making a fuss about the collosal 9.0 earthquake in Japan, not as many people cared when there was a 6.3 earthquake in Peru!" 

All you do by saying that are insulting the huge amount of people that are being hurt by this tragedy. 

There is a need to compare tragedies when someone is saying that what is happening now to france is on the same scale as what happened to Louisiana

To be fair, I interpreted that post as comparing the response to X tragedy, no the tragedies themselves.

Events mean something because we give them meaning. Nothing is truly more important than anything unless it means more or less than something else to us as individuals. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 2

JohnnyVersace
12 minutes ago, Robagaga said:

No. 

I am sorry but to say its a fact that its to the scale of what is happening in Louisiana is bullshit. 

I hate to be so brash but I am really emotional now and it is NOTHING near to what is happening to France and the world right now. 

This building was built almost a thousand years ago and was on a scale and beauty on a completely different level to the small churches in Louisiana. It sounds awful to put it like that but its just a fact. 

What you are saying is similar as saying that the statue of liberty being destroyed would be the same thing as a small statue in france being destroyed

I AM SORRY BUT IT IS NOT. 

What you are spreading is a dangerous and ignorant message and you are just adding more credence to right wing politicians saying that people on the left are willing to spin whatever they want to their advantage. 

You should be ashamed. 

I am sorry for being so strong but this is a part of my country going up in flames and what you are saying is a collosal insult and spit in the face to the people of france that are mourning and the firefighters currently risking their lives to save our heritage. 

Shame on you

Ok, but the Louisiana burnings are being classified as hate crimes...and this does not seem to be one. This is a tragic loss of history and a well-known landmark, and Louisiana is a much smaller scale motivated by hate and racism. 

They're very different tragedies, and neither is more or less important than the other. With that said, I don't think anyone is coming for you or trying to discredit what's happening, it's awful. But continuing to compare and place more importance on this because it's "your country" is just as dangerous as what the other poster said. 

Edited by JohnnyVersace
  • Like 9

Cerny

This is a huge blow to European identity. It makes me so sad.

To put things into perspective, Notre Dame is more than twice as old as the United States of America. A complete tragedy.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Dutch

Well, I know it’s not much, but at least this is some good news.

“On Thursday, 16 religious statues were removed from the peak for the first time in over a century to be taken for cleaning and therefore escaped the blaze.”

141-ND-Paris_7380-683x1024.jpg

So the green statues in this pic are saved.

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 16
  • Love 1

LaLa

I am sick over this, just sick... I cannot believe it 

GypsyBabe

I hope the firefighters remain safe. Those walls could easily come tumbling down. Nothing is worth losing  a life. 

⚯͛
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Robagaga
1 minute ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Ok, but the Louisiana burnings are being classified as hate crimes...and this does not seem to be one. This is a tragic loss of history and a well-known landmark, and Louisiana is a much smaller scale motivated by hate and racism. 

They're very different tragedies, and neither is more or less important than the other.

I am sorry but yes. 

This is more important. 

And I know its not politically correct to say that but its just a statement of fact. 

What happened in Louisiana was a disgusting tragedy and it definetely should've gotten more coverage. 

People can debate that as much as they like later. 

THE BUILDING IS STILL BURNING AS WE SPEAK for crying out loud.  This is a symbol of a country. It is a part of the soul of every frenchman. I am sure the churches of louisiana were part of the souls of the people in from those towns in Louisiana but the amount of people affected by that isn't the same as what is happening right now. 

We can debate as much as we like "that things are only important if people decide they are" but the facts are that this building was a symbol and a a pride for every frenchman and millions upon millions of people in france are mourning. Not only that but many people in the world that appreciate art, culture and religion are mourning. That isn't to the same scale as what happened in Louisiana.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

AllThingsGaga

The world lost an absolute treasure but those towers will stand as a symbol of France's strength. If there is a country that can withstand adversity, it's France. My heart goes out to France, Europe and the world

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Morphine Prince
Just now, Robagaga said:

I am sorry but yes. 

This is more important. 

And I know its not politically correct to say that but its just a statement of fact. 

What happened in Louisiana was a disgusting tragedy and it definetely should've gotten more coverage. 

People can debate that as much as they like later. 

THE BUILDING IS STILL BURNING AS WE SPEAK for crying out loud.  This is a symbol of a country. It is a part of the soul of every frenchman. I am sure the churches of louisiana were part of the souls of the people in from those towns in Louisiana but the amount of people affected by that isn't the same as what is happening right now. 

We can debate as much as we like "that things are only important if people decide they are" but the facts are that this building was a symbol and a a pride for every frenchman and millions upon millions of people in france are mourning. Not only that but many people in the world that appreciate art, culture and religion are mourning. That isn't to the same scale as what happened in Louisiana.

Your statement is no different that the initial one you are outraged by. How disappointing and sad.

Either way, I know this is sad for you and I hope you heal. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 3