Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Has P!nk gone the direction of Maroon 5?

Antoni

Featured Posts

Antoni

What I mean is, has P!nk sold out and fallen towards music she thinks will sell rather than music that's her own?

I grew up on country music, and Pink was the first pop girl I became a fan of. Sure I listened to some Britney and some stuff on the radio, but Pink was the first pop star whose music I connected to and whose albums I would highly anticipate and purchase.

But ever since her greatest hits album with "Raise Your Glass" and "****in Perfect," I feel like her artistry and her sound have slowly transitioned to regurgitating her previous themes with mainstream productions and melodies. Fewer and fewer songs on each album sound like Pink

It's similar to how Maroon5 used to be a pop rock band and is now an EDM artist.

Pink in 2006:

Pink in 2008:

Pink in 2019:

So do you agree? Are we going to see the complete erasure of P!nk's unique personality and style? And do you miss the old P!nk or are you more a fan of her later stuff?

My name isn't Timmers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monsterious

i used to live for her, but she became so basic and commercial

guess its the only way to stay relevant 2 decades later, we cant blame her tho 

Antoni
9 minutes ago, Monsterious said:

i used to live for her, but she became so basic and commercial

guess its the only way to stay relevant 2 decades later, we cant blame her tho 

I randomly had "Long Way to Happy" stuck in my head earlier and I started to think "What in the hell happened to her songs like this?" It's sad really. She was my aunt's favorite artist too, and I don't think she'd like her any more if she were still here. (She passed away five months before Joanne was released). 

My name isn't Timmers

Jadeykins

I still think pink is more unique than maroon 5 has ever been! But her old music was so much more distinctive sounding and the visuals were fantastic and creative and she had such an amazing sense of humour. Her videos were funny and sad all at once but yeah now something seems to be missing....that just always seems to happen when they get older though. 

Mirages

She did change her style a lot especially with Beautiful Trauma, I didn't like that album at all because it was so different from her previous work. I really loved The Truth About Love though. It was both Pink and new direction, so it felt fresh but ever since she released Just Like Fire I can't come to like any song of her because it's just pure basic. Idk if it's because she's trying to stay relevant or she grew up as a person (she's a mom now so that had to take a toll) and she's just not that free and wild person she used to be and that's what I liked about her music I always felt like she was this free person a rebel who just did what she liked because she could not because she had to. Now it kinda feels like it's all just for keeping up career and that's it. Idk if that makes sense, it made in my head :ladyhaha:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

• Admin changed the title to Has P!nk gone the direction of Maroon 5?
cacaca

I used to be the biggest P!nk fan but I just couldn’t connect with Beautiful Trauma and I’m not excited about the new album. 

Peace

I can guarantee you that nobody can be like maroon 5, but in Pink's case, I assume that yes she has changed her Direction, and I like her older style and also her new style right now, we should remember that nobody can stick to the same thing and people change over the time, so the music does aswell, but i assume this change of direction in Pink's new style, is rather to update herself than to stay relevant and to be able to sell music which Maroon 5 does and they'r music feels so forced and uninspired.

SHALLOW

I kinda liked her and i used to love Maroon 5  but now i don’t like them either so yeah, it must be like that

Antoni
20 minutes ago, Mirages said:

I always felt like she was this free person a rebel who just did what she liked because she could not because she had to. Now it kinda feels like it's all just for keeping up career and that's it. Idk if that makes sense, it made in my head :ladyhaha:

Everything you said makes sense! And I felt the same way, like she was a rebel, but I also felt like she was imperfect and okay with it. She never hid how dark her childhood was or how "crazy" she can be in relationships. Nowadays, that's equivalent to saying "I struggle with my mental health" but P!nk's music and videos made that clear before mental health was being talked about in media. 

My name isn't Timmers

thatfoxyfeeling

Beautiful Trauma was disappointing, The Truth About Love was such a good album. It seems like the new album is gonna be full of generic songs, shame. 

Galagala

Yeah that's  what I'm  feeling  about her now..... generic:oops:

But I still frequently listen to her "greatest  hits" album.

Mirages
15 minutes ago, Timmers said:

Everything you said makes sense! And I felt the same way, like she was a rebel, but I also felt like she was imperfect and okay with it. She never hid how dark her childhood was or how "crazy" she can be in relationships. Nowadays, that's equivalent to saying "I struggle with my mental health" but P!nk's music and videos made that clear before mental health was being talked about in media. 

Oh my God yes... Remember funhouse? That song relatable af... 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

LoveNathe

She’s been in the game for 2 decades. You can’t expect someone to release the same type music album after album. She’s allowed to experiment. Although I agree, she had become basic but I’m sure we’ll here different sounds in near future.

Archived