💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP is Gaga’s most underrated album

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

ARTPOP is still Gaga’s most underrated album. Many people think that album is bad, overproduced, or “dated” just because the album “flopped”, or because it’s sound is mostly “EDM”. But the reality is that the album as a whole is very good. When people call the album overproduced they say this because every song is full of sounds and instruments but that is exactly how EDM works. Specially complextro music (like Aura). The album is meant to be bold, loud, and weird. And even then, many songs on the album are not even EDM. The album also has funk, trap, R&B, and even a ballad. So do not excuse the fact that you do not like the style of the album by calling dated or bad. If you do not like it, that is fine, just do not come up with excuses to call it bad. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smother Em Eh

We already know. Her most underrated and misunderstood work, EVER! :queenga:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

FameMonster01

Well it's literally the most loved album by LM's but yes, commercially it really is .

To me ARTPOP isn't an album, it's a mood, it's the way of life, it's an experience. But HONESTLY, listening to that album, seeing Gaga sing that yee-hee in ARTPOP's live performance, IT'S A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY

2School4Cool

ARTPOP is my second favorite next to Joanne. It’s a masterpiece!

See The Best In Everyone

La Rosalia

It really isn’t. The songs were overproduced and. her vocals were edited awful. Most of the tracks don’t have a meaning, they feel like parodies of herself.

Jewels and drugs, dope, Donatella and swine are trash, arguably her worst songs.

ARTPOP, Manicure and Aura were done thirty, she destroyed the album versions with those vocals. 

Sexxx dreams was messed up as well.

G.U.Y.’s chorus is super bland, the bridge is very good though.

Gypsy, Applause, Venus and DWUW (ironically, the best of the album and one of her best tracks overall) are the only ones that I enjoy to this day, and even those feel weird at times.

TheRealJT

Cheek to Cheek is her most underrated album. Some monsters still refuse to even listen to it or acknowledge its existence 

PlastiscGuy

ARTPOP? Underrated? I think you misspelled JOANNE.

Even if ARTPOP 'flopped' which it didn't, it had plenty of 'dance bops' while Gaga's own fans backstabbed her when she went 'country' with Joanne. For them it's her worst album, just because it wasn't pop enough :saladga:

PG.

Biggest Bitch

ARTPOP could have been more successful with great single choices

The reasons why ARTPOP flopped:

1st: I know everyone is  love with Applause on this site, but it was the worst lead single choice after Perfect Illusion.  Yeah it peaked #4, but just because of her previous big hit. If applause had been the first single of her career, it wouldn't even exist on the charts.

2nd: The mess around the second single :saladga:

3rd:  R.Kelly

4th: G.U.Y came too late and they didn't even promote it :selena:

The singles should have been like this:

1st single: DWUW feat Christina

2nd single: Venus

3rd single: Gypsy

4th single: MANiCURE

KatieJudasGaga4

I think Joanne is her most underrated album commercially and with the fanbase, but ARTPOP is underrated too

Honestly the only problem (and why I think people find it 'dated') is that it was mastered terribly so you can't hear all of the delicious layers :ohno: the stems are a true work of genius :firega:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Lucas

Well that's all about the person's taste. I personally think the album sounds more like a playlist than an album (it really lacks cohesion sound-wise, the first half of the album dives into so many genres song by song), her vocals sound too heavily produced in some cases (imagine Venus and ARTPOP with more raw vocals...). And after TFM and BTW, ARTPOP just isn't on the same level than those. Maybe if some other artist released ARTPOP I'd love it more, but I know Gaga can do way better so maybe that makes me appreciate the album less

Archived