💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Sinner’s Prayer Have Been A Single?

Twitter

Featured Posts

sipthistea

Yes

Joanne's best song

But flop people don't have taste (most of the GP today), so it would have failed to make an impact- 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Fame

I'm going to go with a no on this one. Not single material (just my opinion, I'm glad people like it and all, just really not single material). 

2School4Cool

I absolutely love Sinner’s Prayer, but I don’t think it’s a good choice for a single personally. I honestly think the single that never was from Joanne is Diamond Heart.

See The Best In Everyone

latina twilight

One of my favorites from Joanne, and it would've made a sick music video with a dark/sad atmosphere.

But, I don't think it would have been the best choice for a single.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

• CyanLights changed the title to Should Sinner’s Prayer Have Been A Single?
Pop Music
53 minutes ago, TheFame Monster said:

Only the first half of Joanne was single worthy

Grigio Girls would have been an incredible tribute single to sonja after her death with home videos and pictures with gaga and sonja throughout the years

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

SharkmanthaC
3 hours ago, ExMachina said:

I wonder why it didn't make the JWT setlist? anyone knows anything?

No idea but it would have been amazing. The performance in Nashville was incredible. 

she/her/hers

ChromeAngel

Sure, I think all of Joanne should have been singles :lolly:but I would choose diamond heart, Hey Girl, and definetely A-YO (as in having a music video) before SP.  Joanne is just perfect from start to finish and actually this thread inspired me to listen to it for the first time in awhile and the magic is still there. Really brought me back :giveup:

LilyLark

Yes, but Diamond Heart should have been the lead single followed by Million Reasons and then Sinner's Prayer.

Cavadour

When Joanne came out, Sinner's Prayer knocked me down in awe. That song is still the highlight of the album for me. But let's face it, it's not a GP single savvy song. Especially for young generation. Although, it's one of my first choices when I try to convince people of Gaga's skills. Probably because most of my friends are oldskool country rock lovers like me and Sinner's Prayer is such a nod to that kind of music.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

ryansamonster

The song is so well written and really showcases a different side of Gaga. It’s got that country, twangy vibe and when she performed it as the FIRST song of the Dive Bar Tour I was so shook. Completely unexpected in my opinion, and that’s a small part of why I think the Joanne era was so special.

Single choice? Definitely not. The song always seemed like more of a hidden gem to me and I’m so happy that it is. She should’ve included it at the JWT no doubt. 

In the song she talks about her love, her sister, her family... it hits very close to home. I’ll love this song forever. 

Archived