Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Wade Robson and James Safechuck for BB

Kimmo

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, Akiki said:

I think the whole "It takes time" is bullshit. People deal with worst things in life than this and they don't need 10 years to overcome it or speak about it. 

Some therapy and a year or later its reasonable, but a decade... That's messed up. 

There are many weird things and lost information in this case. People keep bringing that MJ had nude kids photos and stuff but that never went nowhere in trial. 

This is so violent sweetie. Only 16% of male victims of child sexual abuse EVER reveal it. Some victims of catholic priests didn’t reveal it to loved ones until they were in their 50s. There are often complicated feelings of blame, shame and guilt that lead to people not revealing it for decades sometimes. We really need to understand these things before posting things like this. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
14 hours ago, Akiki said:

I think the whole "It takes time" is bullshit. People deal with worst things in life than this and they don't need 10 years to overcome it or speak about it. 

Some therapy and a year or later its reasonable, but a decade... That's messed up. 

There are many weird things and lost information in this case. People keep bringing that MJ had nude kids photos and stuff but that never went nowhere in trial. 

From the Coalition Against Rape and the National Sexual Violence Resource Center and Male Survivors:

It is common for survivors of sexual assault to deny they were abused. 

Offenders reinforce these feelings by the things they say and do to victims. They use the shame and fear to bind the victim to them and isolate them from others who might help them. The victim is left feeling alone, isolated and very different from everyone around them.

Victims describe this as a surreal feeling –to see other kids leading normal lives all around them, but feel so different and separate from them due to the abuse they have endured. This shame and silence can last for decades.

Many survivors wait until well into their adult hood to share their secret. For many male victims, the shame and secrecy is compounded by the fear that their own sexuality may have something to do with it, or at least that others will think so. We must look at the stories of children with the eyes of children and recognize that a 10-year-old or 14-year-old boy has little language or understanding of human sexuality, and may have a very difficult time understanding that manipulation, abuse, exploitation and violence are not related to their own sexuality.

Delayed reporting of sexual abuse is a common, normal reaction from someone who has experienced traumatic events.

Sexual abuse can cause intense feelings of embarrassment, fear and humiliation. Survivors are often terrified that they will not be believed and ashamed that they don’t know how to stop the abuse. Victims often feel trapped between wanting the abuse to stop and being terrified of other people learning what has been done to them. That fear can keep victims silent while the abuse is going on, and for years after it has stopped.

Many victims continue to have a relationship with their abuser.

Though it may be difficult for the public to understand, it is common for survivors of sexual abuse to continue relationships with their abusers after the abuse has stopped. Individuals react to trauma in different ways. For example, it is common for victims to maintain contact with their abusers because they may still feel affection for them even though they hate the abuse. This is especially normal when the abuser is a member of the family or a close family friend. It is also common for some victims to maintain contact in an attempt to regain control over their assault. Others may maintain contact in an attempt to regain a feeling of normalcy.

Additionally, offenders often intentionally build a connection or a bond that isn't broken as a result of sexual abuse. The abuse is often one element of an otherwise loving or fun relationship. Offenders may intentionally maintain the non-abusive parts of the relationship to keep victims feeling close to them and thus less likely to report the prior abuse.

A victim's view of the offender's actions change over time.

Akiki
2 hours ago, Ayria said:

This is so violent sweetie. Only 16% of male victims of child sexual abuse EVER reveal it. Some victims of catholic priests didn’t reveal it to loved ones until they were in their 50s. There are often complicated feelings of blame, shame and guilt that lead to people not revealing it for decades sometimes. We really need to understand these things before posting things like this. 

What I wanted to say is that the problem drags. If this kids were supported from day one it would be easier to deal with everything. Ofc there are external factors that dictate when you feel able to speak.

The Church is very powerful and most of those kids come from very religious families. I don't believe that they aren't ready to speak, but I believe that they feel pressure to not to speak about it. 

I don't think trauma per se makes this situations drag for so long. That's what I wanted to say, but I was sleepy when I  was writing. 

I still think they are after money, but I also believe that they may have been molested by Michael. I won't close any door on this case. Just because they are molested doesn't make them good people. Like someone said, there are no perfect victims. 

one of my favorite movies ever is "Doubt" which deals with this very topic but also deals with false accusations where there are no evident proof. Everyone should see that movie cause is great. 

Archived