💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Wade Robson and James Safechuck for BB

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Kimmo

Neverland-bb07-2019-feat-billboard-vnrji

It wasn’t supposed to be this big. When British documentarian Dan Reed read about the sexual abuse charges that Wade Robson and James Safechuck had brought against the Michael Jackson estate in 2013 and 2014, he thought he might have a story to tell. He never expected to spark a global reckoning with one of the brightest, and perhaps most blinding, stars in the pop music galaxy -- and with the broader realities of child sexual abuse.

Neverland-Wade-Robson-bb07-2019-feat-bil

Reed’s four-hour documentary, Leaving Neverland, which centers on Robson’s and Safechuck’s accounts of being sexually abused by Jackson throughout their childhood years, premiered on HBO in two parts in early March, accruing a combined 8.5 million viewers across HBO platforms domestically and has since been sold to air in 130 territories worldwide.

Neverland-James-Safechuck-bb07-2019-feat

For some viewers -- including the Jackson estate, which is suingHBO for breach of contract (in reference to a nondisparagement agreement between the estate and the network from 1992) -- the film’s near-exclusive focus on Robson and Safechuck makes it a one-sided effort to damn the dead. But for many others, it is a painfully convincing expose of the emotional damage both embodied and allegedly perpetrated by the King of Pop.

02-do-not-reuse-this-MJ-safechuck-fea-ex

Robson: 

I had by that point already spent a lot of time in therapy. In a way, in therapy you’re trying to do just the opposite -- to package it all. You’re trying to understand the context of everything. So then, stepping into this, Dan says, “All of that’s amazing, but drop it all. I just want you to tell me the story, moment by moment, as it happened when you were 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.” That took a moment for me to surrender to. It’s so much more vulnerable.
Reed: 

And I think that once you get there, once you begin to tell your story without the packaging, then you become much more present. And as you go through your experience chronologically, you get this incredible sense of almost being able to re-experience what happened to you. That comes across on camera in a very unique way. So that’s very precious -- the telling of history in an intimate voice.
Robson

And that’s what happened. That first interview with Dan was three days, eight hours a day straight of interviews, with that direction from Dan to remove the commentary, stay present in the story. I was just completely wiped at the end of each day, because I really felt like I relived 30 years of my life in those three days. It was unbelievable.

01-do-not-reuse-this-MJ-safechuck-fea-ex

INTERVIEW HERE:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/8503332/leaving-neverland-reed-robson-safechuck-billboard-cover-story-2019

Hottie Detector

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chickens in Malibu

Is there a magazine or TV outlet that they didn't go to?

They're milking the **** out of this

Othon
1 minute ago, nicolasrumet said:

...It's a promotional rollout for a major television film release. That's how this sort of thing works. :awkney: 

They're not "milking" anything. They're promoting the movie, which they are almost certainly contractually obligated to do. :awkney:

6 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

dont start lol....

Chickens in Malibu
3 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

...It's a promotional rollout for a major television film release. That's how this sort of thing works. :awkney: 

They're not "milking" anything. They're promoting the movie, which they are almost certainly contractually obligated to do. :awkney:

How do you know they're contractually obligated to? How can you contractually obligate "an alleged assault victim" to daily relive the trauma and talk about it in public? Unless they're not real victims and are in for the money that these media appearances bring as well as swaying public opinion for their upcoming court case.

Notice how Dr. Ford for example hesitated to do any public appearances, with the only exception being the senate. No TV interviews, nothing...Typically, actual sexual assault survivors don't want to relive their story in the public eye over and over again.

Othon
Just now, nicolasrumet said:

Notice how Dr. Ford for example hesitated to do any public appearances, with the only exception being the senate. No TV interviews, nothing...Typically, actual sexual assault survivors don't want to relive their story in the public eye over and over again.

...You can't be serious. :awkney:

She wasn't the subject of a documentary being distributed by a major network. She had nothing to promote. :awkney:

Chickens in Malibu
11 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

...You can't be serious. :awkney:

She wasn't the subject of a documentary being distributed by a major network. She had nothing to promote. :awkney:

Because she had no interest in that. She didn't need to tell her story more than once for people to believe her. 

Why do sexual assault allegations need to be promoted like movies and albums nowadays? This trend is really disturbing that such "personal" stories are now told this way (apparently you're supposed to go on a promotional tour?), where people are forced to question whether there's a financial motive.

It goes to show how it's turning into showbiz more than anything else. What a disgrace... It's really sad to see an authentic #MeToo be tarnished by this

And even the Music Industry executives are actually skeptical of this documentary, according to BB's poll:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8503366/leaving-neverland-industry-reactions-michael-jackson-cancel

Thomas P
4 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Because she had no interest in that. She didn't need to tell her story more than once for people to believe her. 

Funny how sexual assault allegations need to be promoted like movies and albums nowadays?.... It goes to show how it's turning into showbiz more than anything else. What a disgrace... It's really sad to see an authentic #MeToo movement turn into this.

This is too much. wow :saladga:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

BLACKOUTbritney
20 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Why do sexual assault allegations need to be promoted like movies and albums nowadays? This trend is really disturbing that such "personal" stories are now told this way (apparently you're supposed to go on a promotional tour?), where people are forced to question whether there's a financial motive.

It goes to show how it's turning into showbiz more than anything else. What a disgrace... It's really sad to see an authentic #MeToo be tarnished by this

And even the Music Industry executives are actually skeptical of this documentary, according to BB's poll:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8503366/leaving-neverland-industry-reactions-michael-jackson-cancel

Gaga promoted and campaigned for TIHTY. Does that mean she was lying too? Does that destroy the powerful message behind the song? Does that tarnish the #Metoo movement? 

The Carpenters

Truly sad no matter what happened. And there is no closure to it. Must be hard. Hope that MJs kids have some good support right now but it doesn’t seem like it. 

Chickens in Malibu
11 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

This is too much. wow :saladga:

What's too much is the claim that nowadays you have "promotion tours" and "contractual obligations" to go on TV daily to talk  your "alleged sexual allegations".

Not only this trend is harmful to real sexual assault survivors, since now it's expected of them to go on promotional tours, to promote the documentary more so that HBO can cash in more millions? (not talking about Wade and James because I don't particularly find their stories convincing, but this trend is troubling for future survivors who may want to tell their real stories and have these crazy expectations of them)

That doesn't sound wrong to you right? Well I guess you don't care much about actual survivors then, if you think it's okay to set a trend that they have to "promote" their story for the big studios to milk more money.

Akiki
27 minutes ago, GagaXCollection said:

"It wasn’t supposed to be this big"

tenor.gif?itemid=11996306

Well, their choice of words on leaving neverland were a bitt off. I had to laugh sometimes

Chickens in Malibu
9 minutes ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

Gaga promoted and campaigned for TIHTY. Does that mean she was lying too? Does that destroy the powerful message behind the song? Does that tarnish the #Metoo movement? 

TIHTY is a song. It's an art. It's a product, with its meaningful message. Of course she'll perform it live and answer questions about it.

Oh and she actually donated her portion of the digital sales to anti sexual assault organizations. So yeah there's that. Come back to me when HBO, Wade or James donate the proceedings they'll generate from these promotion campaigns to sexual assault survivors

So your anology  a false analogy.

Archived