Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

OG Monsters: How old do you feel?

Coldplay

Featured Posts

Ziggy
4 hours ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

I was 20 when BR came out and I remember downloading the mp3 (:vegas:) on my flip phone. The first time I heard it I had no idea what I was listening to and thought she had gone mad. I didn't like it at all. But I also said The Fame was a lame album and she was overrated. What did I know? :ladyhaha:

Sidenote: Imagine being in your early 20s at the height of Gaga's rise to fame, it was SO magical at the gay club :flower:

You can still find “Gaga Nights” in the clubs like you can most other artists. They’re once a month around me and I’ve never gone, but they happen lol I’ll also still hear her stuff when I go out. I’ve even heard deeper cuts like BM during a drag performance and MANiCURE remixed in a club.

OT: I remember feeling like a veteran during the lead-up to BTW. So. :spin:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sneaky Oliver
5 hours ago, sarahb said:

I've been a fan since 2011 but I don't think I'll ever stop feeling like a 'new' fan :messga:

Baby you’re old! Time to face it :oops:  jk 

its crazy because I used to find weird to become a fan of old rock bands and music icons from 70/80/90s because everything (or most of it) already happened 

But it must be a similar feeling for a new Gaga stan :duck:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

sarahb
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Baby you’re old! Time to face it :oops:  jk 

its crazy because I used to find weird to become a fan of old rock bands and music icons from 70/80/90s because everything (or most of it) already happened 

But it must be a similar feeling for a new Gaga stan :duck:

I feel like everything started going 'downhill' when I jumped on the bandwagon though so the 'new fan' feeling never went away :duck:  Thank god she's been on an upswing the last couple of years but I felt like I cursed her career for a while there :selena:

Fresco

:ladyhaha: Youth feeling old :nooo:

Everyone at my high school danced like zombies to MJ's Thriller and struck poses to Madonna's Vogue. Will never forget it. :ladyhaha:

BlingNotTheMusic
3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

You can still find “Gaga Nights” in the clubs like you can most other artists. They’re once a month around me and I’ve never gone, but they happen lol I’ll also still hear her stuff when I go out. I’ve even heard deeper cuts like BM during a drag performance and MANiCURE remixed in a club.

OT: I remember feeling like a veteran during the lead-up to BTW. So. :spin:

No Gaga nights here in Portland :messga:, that would be heaven and I'd be there every time LMAO

That J

Oh just wait, my dears! 

Want to feel REALLY old?  How about remembering the World Wide Premiere on MTV of the brand new Madonna video "Like A Prayer" and the ensuing chaos that followed. 

Now, fast forward and everywhere its #Happy30thBirthdayLikeAPrayer

30 years ago?!?! And I remember just as vividly that moment as anything that happened yesterday?!?!  It will happen to you. 

But I'll share this....

Even tho I'm an OG and have a rather unfortunate illness I'm working with, for the most part I feel the same way I felt when I was 20. Alot of that has to do with attitude, taking care of yourself and laughing ALOT. 

Some days I feel 20, other days I feel 192. But 40, so far, feels right. So dont fear it.  Let it be! 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

JohnWayne92

26 year old man here, literally fell in love the moment I heard Just Dance back in 2008, right around the time my mom died. No one around me understood her. Everyone gave me **** for liking her, but the more I watched, the more I listened, not only to her songs but what she actually had to say, the more I knew that she was an amazing human being that cared. An amazing human being that was going to change lives. She changed my own in SO many ways. I wouldn't be who I am today without her. 

But boy, do I remember the crazy days. Everyone hating Poker Face the first time they heard it, but eventually it was their favorite. Everyone appalled at the lyrics of LoveGame, but singing and dancing along. The hermaphrodite comments, the lazy eye comments, the, "she cant really sing, but shes kinda cool." All of the, did you hear about this, or did you see that? Omg, that new Gaga song. My dad threw away my The Fame CD because I played it so much.

I grew up in the DFW, the Dallas, Fort Worth metroplex of Texas. 106.1 KissFM was my home station. Lady Gaga was so big that they had double plays of her. 2 songs back to back. I havent ever heard of that before, and I havent heard of it since. Everyone had a Lady Gaga ringtone, everyone had a shirt, a poster, the glasses. Clubs would blast her videos and music. Street performers, go go dancers, clubs that had girls performing in the windows to draw you in were dressed up like her. 

The shock factors, the performances, the talent, from 2008 to 2011, you couldn't go anywhere without hearing or seeing her, and that was an honest fact. It was amazing. The Glee episode, the Simpsons episode. The true cultural impact she made in such a short time back then is why she will go down as a legend in the industry, and even more so now, the fact that 10 years later she is having that impact again. 

Its been a hell of a ride these past 10 years. She changed music, music videos, and the overall level of expectations for quality, and she is still doing that today. 

Archived