Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Have You Attended A Concert Blindly?

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

tumblr_mq1qkpKtiF1szgmkjo1_1280.jpg

Like, say, you were just tagging along with your friends, and have no idea who the artists/bands are.

Or what mostly happened, you were in a music festival, and you had to stood thru some of the artists/bands before your fave perform, because you wanna keep your spot.

How are your experiences with it? And have some of these formerly unknown acts suddenly appeals to you after seeing them live, or even make you one of their earlist og stans before they get their big break? Or have the opposite effect happened to you, that you became a hater, maybe because they're so bad and wooden live, or they said somethings that put you off? 

:flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Love 1

PartySick

Yes!

My friend invited me to a Matisyahu concert in Orlando. I had never heard of the guy but he's one of her favorites and it was always crazy when she and I spent time together :icant:

Anyway, the dude's a Jewish reggae singer, his beatboxing is incredible. He crowd surfed, I touched his butt :billie:

At the end during his song "One Day" he told the crowd to rush the stage, which they did. One dude made his way to the front of the stage and held up the Israeli flag. Matisyahu snatched it out of his hand and threw it on the ground then kept singing :icant:

It was a good night :flower:

💚
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 3

Poltergeist

Yes, I went to a Polish band's concert with my ex and his (now mine :trollga:) best friend, I didn't know a single song, and I've hated polish music, I was mesmerized and checked out all their albums afterwards (they've had 10 at the time + the main singer had 6 solo albums), and I've become a fan.

As for now? I don't think I'd do the same thing again lol, I've lost some of my spontaneity over the years. I NEED to know the songs and sing along for the whole concert, or I feel uncomfortable, and I don't know how to behave, as I hate dancing, and I feel awkward doing so. If I don't know the song, I simply bump from one side to another to the rhythm.

I've been getting messages from my deep waters
  • Like 2

TheSine

No, but I would like to once I'm financially able.

🖤TheSine🖤
  • Love 2

KubaM316

Except some local festivals - no, but earlier this month I've been to two Dawid Kwiatkowski's concerts without knowing most of the songs (except the biggest hits) but still I was having so much fun there.

1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

Or what mostly happened, you were in a music festival, and you had to stood thru some of the artists/bands before your fave perform, because you wanna keep your spot.

Well now that I read it - yeah, before one of these concerts Julia Żugaj was performing and... let's just say that her main target is ahem the younger audience soo... no thank you.

• Like 1

himerosxo

Yes! Back in the day, I went and saw Rufus Du Sol spontaneously solo. It was truly magical and a spiritual experience! I’ve seen them a few times since and will never miss them. :pray:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Oriane

I was walking in the street in my hometown and was intrigued by the music I was hearing, I stopped to watch the band perform. It was really nice, and I found out that they were performing at a venue a few months later and got a ticket to watch them.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 1

wolfga

yes!! festivals and outdoor concerts with my friends that are public!!

Blame it on the doctor He went and took a bite of my heart but it brought me to life

Lukas96

Technically, no. But if we count opening acts, then yes. 

huttont
Posted (edited)

One time I went with friends to a Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens concert. I didn’t know anything so I just drank a four loco in the parking lot and made my way through the mosh pit and ended up in the front row. I had a fun time.

I’ve also found some of my favorite artists through tour openers so think of them as openers!

Edited by huttont

Agunimon
Posted (edited)

Yes. My ex went to a Dance Gavin Dance concert. I tagged along and I was fortunate enough to have brought headphones, so I stayed in the back with my headphones in listening to music that didn't make me wish I couldn't hear.

On flip side, we also went to an Amon Amarth concert and I loved it.

Edited by Agunimon
  • LMAO 1

ChicaSkas

Me and long time ggd bestie @TheBadRomancer went to see Girli together! It was awesome ! I had not heard her music beforehand except some youtube !

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

TheBadRomancer

I find it incredibly awkward going to shows without knowing who the person is or knowing their songs. :laughga: but i've seen a lot of opening acts that were good! i got into iggy azalea back in the day because she opened for rita ora. Gaga showed scissor sisters and SPW who i really liked back then. but usually i'll kind of avoid it lol. i thought seeing demi lovato live would make me like them more, but i still found them insufferable afterward lmao.

2 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

Me and long time ggd bestie @TheBadRomancer went to see Girli together! It was awesome ! I had not heard her music beforehand except some youtube !

and now i love her! but did a deep dive of songs i liked and tried to learn them beforehand :laughga:

• Love 1

JesseBabe
Posted (edited)

I saw KYLE at my university a year after I graduated in 2018. I went with some friends who still were going to college at the time. I vaguely remembered his top 5 2016 hit "iSPY" playing at parties so I agreed to go. The ticket was free also so I really couldn't complain. He put on a good show from what I remembered --we were all really wasted-- I think he even played a new song that I don't think had came out yet. 

It looks like he never got any bigger (according to his Wiki), but I've added a couple of songs from him to playlists since. If any new music is recommended to me I check it out even though I haven't really liked any of his stuff since 2021.

Edited by JesseBabe