funny

Gaga parodied on SNL again

Chris Evans

Featured Posts

gstring
7 minutes ago, Loopy said:

read up

Thanks but it says something like this :

"The web page at https://player.vimeo.com/video/317766520?app_id=122963 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

Little little

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile

The first one was funny, this one ... eh Rami was accurate, Sam too,  Olivia just needed a few curse words and thag would be perfect, Glenn :giveup:  Gaga does those facial expressions only when she sings ...

50 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Love it. A little embarrassing 'cause apparently the main recognizable feature of Gaga is a botched up facial expression and a sense of grandiose fakeness :air: But it's so well done. I'm just surprised that the public recognizes her like that :rip:I thought only the fans would get it.

'Main recognizable feature' is a stretch, it's a caricature. Glenn's 'main recognizable feature' isn't that she's a crazy old lady that dramatises her speech like her character in Fatal Attraction all the time. You're reading into it. :rip:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Love it. A little embarrassing 'cause apparently the main recognizable feature of Gaga is a botched up facial expression and a sense of grandiose fakeness :air: But it's so well done. I'm just surprised that the public recognizes her like that :rip:I thought only the fans would get it.

Eh, that seems to be a pretty negative reading into what was a mild parody like they do with most celebs.  I actually think they went after Bradley a bit harder.

Like if you see it through that type of negative lenses, then Glenn is thirsty as hell and insane and Olivia is an inappropriate drunk who makes juvenile jokes and Rami's coked out. Melissa likes Gaga, and SNL skewers everyone and Gaga was fairly mild—I suspect they were going more for over the top dramatic diva more than grandiose fakeness just like they were trying to make Olivia more of a "jolly drunk" type and Glenn determined to get her Oscar and Rami weird.

My only issue is that it just wasn't that good and reminded me like it was half of the old Donatella sketches. It was mildly cute, and I laughed a bit at Glenn but that was it. 

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Timmers said:

Other than this, I'm not too thrilled with Melissa's impersonations of her. It was cute and all, but I expected more. Like at least it was pretty gentle (tho SNL rarely gets truly mean when it comes to celebs, since they don't want to alienate potential guests) and I know Melissa loves Gaga but it was meh.  I feel like she half ripped off the way Maya used parody Donatella and then she threw in a bit of some of the impersonations I've seen of Celine. To be fair, I've compared Gaga a bit to Celine too...but it seemed rehashed, if that makes sense? Some of the problem may have been the writing.

It was cute and all and I laughed a bit, but I expected more. Like I sort of thought Melissa half ripped off how Maya used to parody Donatella, and threw in a bit of Celine Dion. TBF I compare Gaga to Celine sometimes too, but meh. At least it was gentle, although SNL tends to be gentle on most celebs since they don't want to alienate future hosts.

messybottom
2 hours ago, Chris Evans said:

The end when he brought up Mo'nique had me ROLLINGGG :lmao:

Davian
2 hours ago, Varys said:

I feel she would say in real life that she is honored to be on the feud :air:

"I've been watching the feud since I was 13:diane:"

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Emigrante

The only thing I get off Gaga is her ticking head and appreciation of that movie director, but the rest is not similar. At least to me. Olivia Coleman was good even looked like her but the rest was average.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

10 minutes ago, Davian said:

I'm just an Italian girl from New York who always dreamt of being on Family Feud even before I wanted to be a singer 

tumblr_playnaGYEg1qel57ro3_500.gif

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

17 minutes ago, Davian said:

All it takes is one show and it can change everything, and for me that was Feud.

My name isn't Timmers

41 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Eh, that seems to be a pretty negative reading into what was a mild parody like they do with most celebs.  I actually think they went after Bradley a bit harder.

Like if you see it through that type of negative lenses, then Glenn is thirsty as hell and insane and Olivia is an inappropriate drunk who makes juvenile jokes and Rami's coked out. Melissa likes Gaga, and SNL skewers everyone and Gaga was fairly mild—I suspect they were going more for over the top dramatic diva more than grandiose fakeness just like they were trying to make Olivia more of a "jolly drunk" type and Glenn determined to get her Oscar and Rami weird.

My only issue is that it just wasn't that good and reminded me like it was half of the old Donatella sketches. It was mildly cute, and I laughed a bit at Glenn but that was it. 

He's always like that :huntyga: It gets annoying, but you'll learn to ignore him :huntyga:

Didymus
2 hours ago, gag said:

'Main recognizable feature' is a stretch, it's a caricature. Glenn's 'main recognizable feature' isn't that she's a crazy old lady that dramatises her speech like her character in Fatal Attraction all the time. You're reading into it. :rip:

I meant visually :awkney: As in arm movement, cadence and facial expressions. It wasn’t meant negatively at all. It’s just that in that outfit and that hair it could be anyone. It’s the things I listed that makes the public get that it’s Gaga, I meant no more than that.

@LilyLark ^

Archived