💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Order Female Country Singers in Order of Current Dominance

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Right now there are many female country singers in the game. ORder the following women by order of their current dominance in the industry (current meaning the last 3 to 5 years). And im just gonna use singers that debuted this century.

These are in alphabetical order right now:

Kelsea Ballerini 

Cam

Miranda Lambert

Maren Morris 

Kacey Musgraves

Carrie Underwood

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23

My order would be:

1. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXQlqBbc6EkPTezDaut6b  Carrie Underwood

2. c9ca88ec8b23931c2887e4aa275ae3ab.jpg  Miranda Lambert

3. marenmorris-spotlight-518823294.pngMaren Morris

4. MI0004403716.jpg?partner=allrovi.com  Kacey Musgraves

5. kelsea-ballerini_10-27-17_20_59f382c18b7f3.jpg Kelsea Ballerini

6. latest?cb=20170924134238 Cam 

corvus albus

Carrie Underwood > Miranda Lambert > Kelsea Ballerini > Maren Morris > Kacey Musgraves > Cam > Alison Krauss

Carrie and Miranda have several huge hits while everyone else never even touched the top 40 besides Peter Pan by Kelsea Ballerini (I don't count The Middle because this is about Country not EDM). I would love for Kelsea and Kacey to be bigger though, they certainly deserve better :flutter:

Edit: Maren Morris actually reached the top 40 with a collab with Thomas Rhett (Craving You) at #39 :toofunny:

edengowon

Taylor Swift? lol

And before you say she isn't country anymore, listen to Babe (her most recent collab)

the artist formerly known as melancholia

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, corvus albus said:

Carrie Underwood > Miranda Lambert > Kelsea Ballerini > Maren Morris > Kacey Musgraves > Cam > Alison Krauss

Carrie and Miranda have several huge hits while everyone else never even touched the top 40 besides Peter Pan by Kelsea Ballerini (I don't count The Middle because this is about Country not EDM). I would love for Kelsea and Kacey to be bigger thoug, they certainly deserve better :flutter:

I feel bad for Miranda in a way. I mean she's very successful, but Carrie Underwood is always one step in front of her. Always in the shadow. 

But this collab is iconic!

corvus albus
Just now, ARealWildMan said:

Taylor Swift? lol

And before you say she isn't country anymore, listen to Babe (her most recent collab)

I would argue that Taylor never really was country. "Hey, I used a banjo way, way back in the mix ... COUNTRY!"

corvus albus
Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I feel bad for Miranda in a way. I mean she's very successful, but Carrie Underwood is always one step in front of her. Always in the shadow. 

But this collab is iconic!

It's one of my favorite songs by both. An awesome trashy Girls gone wild story with an epic music video

edengowon
Just now, corvus albus said:

I would argue that Taylor never really was country. "Hey, I used a banjo way, way back in the mix ... COUNTRY!"

I can kinda agree I guess, she was always country-pop tbh

Ryusei
18 minutes ago, ARealWildMan said:

Taylor Swift? lol

well that's about all the country she has done in recent years. 1989 and reputation don't have the slightest bit of country. and the question is about CURRENT dominance. 

Musery

edengowon
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

well that's about all the country she has done in recent years. 1989 and reputation don't have the slightest bit of country. and the question is about CURRENT dominance. 

Okay sorry :koons:

Mulholland

1. Kacey Musgraves

She's having A Moment. The Grammy noms. "Golden Hour" named best album of the year by most publications. Big tour with Harry Styles (and now a solo tour). It's more of a crossover era than a traditional country era, but you can't deny her power rn.

2. Miranda Lambert

She may not be doing Carrie numbers, but in terms of output and critical acclaim, no one is touching her. "The Weight of These Wings" was a success both commercially and critically despite eschewing current country trends, and the Pistol Annies (of which she is one) album that just came out in November was consistently named the second best country album of the year after "Golden Hour." She is arguably the most consistent and influential country star of the new millennium.

3. Maren Morris

Coming off of the "Hero" era (in which she scored a couple massive country hits, a Grammy, and more) AND the success of "The Middle," she is poised to really take over this year, and I am HERE. FOR. IT. "Hero" is a f***ing classic.

4. Carrie Underwood

She still does decent numbers, but it feels like it's been a while since she's had a legitimate smash song or album. I might be wrong there, but it definitely feels like she has fallen from the height of her powers, critically and commercially. And musically she leans a bit too far into adult contemporary schmaltz for me.

5. Cam

Cam deserves to be so much bigger. Her first album is amazing, and the singles she's released over the last year are even better. She's arguably making the best music out of everyone listed in this thread, and she deserves nothing but success. She just hasn't really had it yet. (Yeah, yeah, "Burning House" was a big country hit a few years ago, but she deserves to be pulling Taylor numbers.)

6. Kelsea Ballerini 

She is... kind of the Rita Ora of country. Like she seems to be trying so hard without doing the work of figuring out what her actual sound and identity are. Most of her music sounds like straight-up Taylor Swift B-sides, both sonically and vocally. She is doing Chainsmoker collabs and sh*t and really trying to brand herself as The Next Big Thing, but she's been sorta under the radar for years because the music and personality just isn't IT.

FfFfFfFF

The Million Reasons/ Sinner's Prayer/ Shallow/ ARUTW/ Diggin My Grave chanteuse. :vegas:

Spoiler

Well, I only heard of Kacey Musgraves and Carrie Underwoodï»ż (I live in Europe). I heard of Carrie on this forum and of Kacey because her album was such a critical hit. So Kacey > Carrie > the rest.

Archived