Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Game Of Thrones S8 | Finale

Varys

Featured Posts

NightStar
39 minutes ago, Evolve said:

The episode was EPIC and flawless.

However, there are so many unanswered questions. To the one saying the WW were the 2nd theme of the show, y'all haven't been paying attention lol. Literally the first episode of the show starts with the white walkers, not with the iron throne. In the books the theme also falls on the Others and the Men.

  

NK leaving Jon alive, but killing a ton of people.. seriously? The NK died kinda stupidly.  Constantly throughout the show we've been getting hints that he can see the future and predict things. Now somehow Arya was able to sneak behind his back (with all the WW being around him) and kill him... weird. Bran being disconnected for the majority of the episode, what the hell?

Unanswered questions are one of the major themes of the show and the books. It's not just the fact that many questions are not answered; it's the fact that information herself is one of the major acting heroes of the show. 

Many things in Game of Thrones are happening with our characters not having enough information or having distorted information about these things. We don't know who built the effin wall and how exactly it was built - only the legends say it was Bran the Builder. We don't know exactly what doom consumed Valyria - we only have maester's writing where they assume what caused the doom and what the doom was. The list can go on, and the characters, too, often act while having insufficient information throughout the series. 

So as for the white walkers, the show gave everything we needed to know about them. We first learnt that there were dead beyond the wall; then we learned that those dead were not all the same: there were like zombies and there were white walkers. Then we learnt that White Walkers were made from human babies. We also found out that only the chief white walker had the power to turn human babies into white walkers, and the chief white walker was the Night King. Then we learnt that some white walkers could raise the dead, but when the white walker was killed, all the dead he had raised would perish, too. Thus we got the idea that in order to kill all of them, one had to aim for the Night King with either dragon fire or dragon glass. That's pretty much more than enough to deal with them. 

As for the deeper questions of origins and lifestyle of white walkers beyond the wall and where they had been for thousands of years, I guess that it's intentionally not revealed, because it's meant to remain a mystery, such as how the wall was built and what destroyed Valyria and what ever was written in that dornish letter to Aegon the Conqueror. 

I think the show handled Night King's death brilliantly. The brutal magic creature that he is, he is bound to underestimate humans and yes, he predicted Arya jumping at him and he stopped her, well, he thought he stopped her, but she used a very human trick of switching hands which I bet he'd not even considered cause the lowly tricks of humans don't interest him since he doesn't even burn in the flames. 

I also loved that it was Arya who killed the Night King, and neither Jon nor Daenerys. It shows us how the legends and prophecies are so often not what we think they are (we thought the prince that was promised would be either Jon or Arya), but the magnificence of it all is that sometimes even misinterpreted legends can lead to good.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed

bitch!!! I just finished watching, and what the hell. 

the episode had flaws but they were forgivable, I thought it was sooo well done from the sound to lighting to acting to CGI to every aspect! so well made, the sky looked amazing and so much was beautiful, up until ARYA "sneaking up" and "doing a skillful assassin trick" to KILL the NIGHT KING in SECONDS! I couldn't believe it. I thought it was a trick until every white walker/wight died. I honestly hope he switched consciousness with Bran or something in their connection, like there is NO WAY that is the end of the storyline. I feel like I still don't know anything about them?? They wanted.. winter?? like no way in hell they'd be that one-dimensional

RAMROD

@Illuminati Freak

He gave the dagger to Arya cos he knows. Is that enough?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, neptugne said:

bitch!!! I just finished watching, and what the hell. 

the episode had flaws but they were forgivable, I thought it was sooo well done from the sound to lighting to acting to CGI to every aspect! so well made, the sky looked amazing and so much was beautiful, up until ARYA "sneaking up" and "doing a skillful assassin trick" to KILL the NIGHT KING in SECONDS! I couldn't believe it. I thought it was a trick until every white walker/wight died. I honestly hope he switched consciousness with Bran or something in their connection, like there is NO WAY that is the end of the storyline. I feel like I still don't know anything about them?? They wanted.. winter?? like no way in hell they'd be that one-dimensional

There will be books for that details :gayhat:

River

I just finished it and OMG it was so perfect, it was better than so many movies out there.

And I so appreciate the lack of dialogues, it made it so real.

The terrifying eyes in the everyone was crazy.

Spoiler

Arya was EVERYTHING!!!! :firega:

The characters that I wanted survived, so let's see their luck in the next war.

Question

Spoiler

Are the Dothraki extinct now?!?!?!

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

RAMROD

It looks like it is obvious now what big war on episode 5 will be :oprah:

Next week episode will be the set up for it. 

Spoiler

And no, I do not believe there was Mad Queen narrative with Dany. Dany stans don't have to be worry about that imho.

She will be likely shares the kingdom with Jon. And they will marry. Just like Targaryen before them. 

Or one or both of them died.

River

I must say that the scene with the dragons and the moon was so beautiful, like a wallpaper for the desktop worthy

VOLANTIS
2 hours ago, Emigrante said:

was this dagger meant to kill Bran? Did I miss something? Why would Arya have it then. 

The assassin Baelish planted to kill Bran all the way back in season 1. The one Catelyn and Summer fended off. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, River said:

I must say that the scene with the dragons and the moon was so beautiful, like a wallpaper for the desktop worthy

It needs to be wallpaper

VOLANTIS
2 hours ago, Logan said:

It’s pretty obvious we are going to get something similar to the Sept of Baelor scenario. 

Imagine if it kills everyone but Dany. 

River
19 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It looks like it is obvious now what big war on episode 5 will be :oprah:

Next week episode will be the set up for it. 

Hide contents

And no, I do not believe there was Mad Queen narrative with Dany. Dany stans don't have to be worry about that imho.

She will be likely shares the kingdom with Jon. And they will marry. Just like Targaryen before them. 

Or one or both of them died.

Spoiler

the mad queen is Sansa :huntyga:

She will not survive, my speculation is that she'll try to kill Dany and Jon will stop here by killing her

1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

It needs to be wallpaper

CAN SOMEONE MAKE IT FOR US THANKS

VOLANTIS
40 minutes ago, River said:

I just finished it and OMG it was so perfect, it was better than so many movies out there.

And I so appreciate the lack of dialogues, it made it so real.

The terrifying eyes in the everyone was crazy.

Hide contents

Arya was EVERYTHING!!!! :firega:

The characters that I wanted survived, so let's see their luck in the next war.

Question

Hide contents

Are the Dothraki extinct now?!?!?!

The way their flames all went out I- 

Dany’s khalasar is gone but Dothraki still exists in Essos. Only a relatively small faction of the Dothraki army followed Dany to Westeros. 

VOLANTIS
2 minutes ago, River said:
  Reveal hidden contents

the mad queen is Sansa :huntyga:

She will not survive, my speculation is that she'll try to kill Dany and Jon will stop here by killing her

CAN SOMEONE MAKE IT FOR US THANKS

I second this. @ me whichever sister makes it. 

River
17 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

The way their flames all went out I- 

Dany’s khalasar is gone but Dothraki still exists in Essos. Only a relatively small faction of the Dothraki army followed Dany to Westeros. 

oh right! I forgot it! :laughga:

The Dothraki and the flames scene was amazing!

People are complaining that we waited 8 years so the NK will have this kind of end.. I mean, Bran is still alive and he's still fishy, the night saga is not over yet :teehee:

Archived