celeb

Beyoncé & Ed Sheeran’s outfit choices spark a debate about gender standards

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Well female artists are expected to wear very "attractive and loud" outfits on stage and events...

Male artists just come to work in a tshirt, blazer, sneakers, and sunglasses...I think it has more to do with the lack of variety in mens fashion compared to women...

Although...ed does look trashy regardless of what he wears, but Beyonce is "queen" and has to outdo expectations. Nobody expects ed Sheeran to dress nicely lol 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Mister Money
17 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Well female artists are expected to wear very "attractive and loud" outfits on stage and events...

Male artists just come to work in a tshirt, blazer, sneakers, and sunglasses...I think it has more to do with the lack of variety in mens fashion compared to women...

Although...ed does look trashy regardless of what he wears, but Beyonce is "queen" and has to outdo expectations. Nobody expects ed Sheeran to dress nicely lol 

thats honestly so true theres only so many outfits a guy can do really

TimisaMonster
41 minutes ago, Mister Money said:

thats honestly so true theres only so many outfits a guy can do really

Especially for formal events...its just a suit...for a casual performance....tshirt and jeans and a jacket

:smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

StrawberryBlond

I thought this topic was going to be about something quite different, admittedly. Everyone should be allowed to wear whatever they like. Ed was dressed like Ed, Beyonce was dressed as Beyonce. Being yourself will always win praise from me. It's not a case that Ed's not trying to impress, dressing like this is just his thing. Similarly, it's not like Beyonce necessarily wants to be OTT glamorous, she just enjoys dressing like this. It's the music world - anything goes when it comes to fashion and it's acceptable to wear pretty much anything these days. There should be no gender debate here, it's just a difference in personality types being exercised through clothes.

RAMROD

Nah, man! Dressing up on stage is fun but not mandatory. It is the matter of choice.

my thoughts on this as I tweeted it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Oriane

I clciked on this thread thinking Ed would be wearing a dress and Beyoncé would wear something typically masculine like a suit or something.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Wolf Boy

Oh god give me a break, this isn’t a representation of what the industry expects from men and women, its just 2 different artists with 2 choices of style performing together. God forbid a day does’nt go by without some SJW drama online.

Versace

1-I cannot believe people are seriously making this a deal (wow what has humanity come to)

2-Don't think for a second that these megastars are not wearing what they want and feel comfortable in and don't ****ing care what anyone has to say about it (be it label or fans or GP) because their bank accounts and grammies remain unbothered

3-There is no standard. We have bigger issues in 2018. I thought we got past what woman and men should wear back in 2010 lol no ? I'm pretty sure this entire time everyone wore wtv the f they wanted and no one cared until today for some reason or maybe cause y'all are bored af (don't blame you music has been boring this year lol).

ryhanna

Lol is this a joke? Of course Beyonce's going to dress like that. Because she's a woman? No, because she's Beyonce. And of course Ed Sheeran's going to dress like that? Because he's a dude? No, because he has no taste and that's okay too.

RadioIsOurs

I think the more concerning issue here is that we as the public have allowed more boring and styleless artists like Ed Sheeran to take over the music charts while we pay dust to flashy performers, especially male ones. 

Plus I think everyone should have the freedom to wear whatever they want. If anything, I think it's not expectations of female dressing that should change,  but rather expectations of men, since gender norms have always prevented men from being flambuoyant, hence the default formal male dress code has been boring suits for the longest time. 

Chickens in Malibu
12 hours ago, Borislshere said:

side note: I've never noticed how cute Ed Sheeran is :selena:

also mess at my tab shading me :selena:

Screen-Shot-2018-12-04-at-3-53-58-PM.png

He is really hot.

I don't know why people don't find him hot. 

gagzus

Tbh all I see here is Beyoncé has a stylist (and believe me after her fashion sense in the 00s into some of the early 10s she DESPERATELY needed one) and Ed needs one and that’s that.

Although at the same time and can kinda see the point it’s like industry expectations in one image at the same time 

Archived