💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

dit

Featured Posts

Didymus
20 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And in 2011 everyone here probably thought differently and probably even acted somewhat differently to what they do now. 

We all evolve as we grow older. Our perception changes

But we don't bank on our earlier personalities, pulling thousands of people into our self-perception. I don't understand why it's so hard for so many fans to get that many fans just find it difficult to accept that she "just changed" when they feel her earlier self literally saved them from suicide.

A little empathy can go a long way in both directions.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mariomania1234

Gaga and Stefani are the same person. It's a very simple concept.

The Gaga who wore prosthetics on her face and the Gaga who put on a cowboy hat are the same person, and those decisions came from the same place. So is being an actress.

Like she said before, "I'm just shapeshifting".

RudraCNG

Don't you worry, she will be Gaga again at Enigma. I know it sounds cinic, but that's how marketing works, you can't blame her.

Didymus
Just now, mariomania1234 said:

Gaga and Stefani are the same person. It's a very simple concept.

But she did say that what people think of as "Gaga" is almost entirely their own perception and not who she really is :vegas:

It's a very simple concept, but she's made it very complicated. That's simply the truth, I'm afraid.

Supersonic

All the backlash in here and snide comments as if none of y'all ever had a mental health crisis. The hypocrisy. :lmao:

Morphine Prince
22 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But we don't bank on our earlier personalities, pulling thousands of people into our self-perception. I don't understand why it's so hard for so many fans to get that many fans just find it difficult to accept that she "just changed" when they feel her earlier self literally saved them from suicide.

A little empathy can go a long way in both directions.

Well, that’s probably true since Gaga never saved me, I wouldn’t know. 

But I think we need to accept people evolve in time. Even people who “don’t change” have some sort of evolution to their personality, it’s life. 

mariomania1234
16 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But she did say that what people think of as "Gaga" is almost entirely their own perception and not who she really is :vegas:

It's a very simple concept, but she's made it very complicated. That's simply the truth, I'm afraid.

I don't think it's very complicated at all. :vegas: Fans choose to make it complicated, like everything else with her.

Fans need to get used to this and realize she's going to continually shape shift. Gaga is essentially a extension/heightened version of Stefani. I think it's a very empowering message that there's a heightened version of ourselves in all of us.

And she's right, It is our own perception as "Gaga' is a very vague idea. Anybody can interpret it how they'd like. It doesn't mean their correct.

mariomania1234
Just now, ThatAsianGuy said:

200w.gif

Gaga needs to reevaluate herself. People are tired of the gimmicks. Yes I have said it.

This isn't a gimmick.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

All the backlash in here and snide comments as if none of y'all ever had a mental health crisis. The hypocrisy. :lmao:

Well, isn't it also kind of horrible to claim that people who have not had a "mental health crisis" (whatever that is supposed to mean) can't have anything meaningful to say about a subject? :air:

I hope we're not entering a period in time where people who have a mental illness enjoy a higher social status simply because they're expected to be more wise or experienced about life... like why? Not necessarily, I'd say.

Kimblue
2 minutes ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

200w.gif

Gaga needs to reevaluate herself. People are tired of the gimmicks. Yes I have said it.

She hasn’t been this well liked in years. So nah

Reality
5 hours ago, Didymus said:

It's a little tiring to keep on hearing about how her non-Gaga projects are the most inspiring, most fulfilling and most creative work she's ever done :messga: I thought we finally left that behind after C2C where she never stopped babbling about how Tony finally taught her how to be a true artist :saladga:

On the other hand, I can understand.

And on one other hand, it could really just be promo talk we'll hear every single time.

Either way, it's becoming more and more unclear who we're supposed to be stanning for imo :cryga: I mean, she literally said Ally was not Lady Gaga (or even Stefani) and now she's saying it's the most fulfilling artistic endeavor she's ever taken on? :koons: I've been lost when it comes to understanding who she is since 2015.

What do you mean when you say her "non-Gaga projects"? Every project is a "Gaga" project. She's more than a celebrity and pop star, she's an evolving artist. Whether it's music or acting, or whatever endeavour she decides to work on next, all of her projects will be considered "Gaga" projects. That's just the nature of who she is.

And I'm sorry, but I feel like it's completely ignorant to ignore the fact that her "non-Gaga projects" were, in fact, some of the most fulfilling and creative works she's done. I'm sure most of that feeling is because those projects (i.e. C2C, AHS, and ASIB) are very different and new experiences for her. Being able to explore, creatively speaking, is extremely important for her, and I would imagine that after doing albums, and promo for those albums, and t.v. interviews and performances, over and over again, having something different (yet equally creative and artistic) is something that really inspires her.

Also, being Ally and taking on the movie are two separate entities. I don't understand what the confusion there is. She said she loves working on the movie, but that she just thinks Ally is not representative of who she is as an individual. You can like the movie, but not necessarily like the role, which she has stated before. 

🖤👹

Reality

I don't get how you guys are so confused about this. 

Gaga has said numerous times that "Gaga" has been a mask for her. She even said in 5F2 that she created "Gaga" to help her with her insecurities and to take creative control back from people who wanted to control her in the industry. Stefani and "Gaga" are not different people, but "Gaga" has always been a character and persona that was fearless, courageous, outwardly artistic and creative, etc. While Stefani is all of those things, "Gaga" enhances and emphasizes those aspects of her.

Y'all are reading too much into this. It's not like Gaga's like "Stefani is the real me 1000% and 'Gaga' is just a fictitious character that doesn't represent me whatsoever." "Gaga" = Stefani and Stefani = "Gaga". The only difference is that she has used the persona "Gaga" in order to make herself feel more confident in the public persona. 

Y'all are here saying "Oh well I'm not gonna stan her anymore if she doesn't recognize who Gaga is" and **** like that when she has literally been saying stuff like this all the time. Perhaps the wording of this statement was a little strong, but it doesn't change the fact that she's been saying it multiple times.

Also, if you're willing to unstan someone who recognizes that they're human then you shouldn't have been stanning them in the first place. 

🖤👹

Didymus
9 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

What do you mean when you say her "non-Gaga projects"? Every project is a "Gaga" project.

That's true, but there's obviously a difference between her writing her own songs, creating her own music video's and performances to go alongside them, and her getting up on stage in an unimaginative outfit and singing jazz standards, or being hired as an actress to portray a fictional character she did not imagine.

And I'm sorry, but I feel like it's completely ignorant to ignore the fact that her "non-Gaga projects" were, in fact, some of the most fulfilling and creative works she's done.

I don't ignore that, I just find that surprising and interesting, because it reflects back on her own solo work, which apparently was less fulfilling. From a big artiste who proclaimed to be this creative soul who loved to do nothing more than to write music, that just comes as a surprise to me. Why shouldn't it?

Also, being Ally and taking on the movie are two separate entities. I don't understand what the confusion there is. She said she loves working on the movie, but that she just thinks Ally is not representative of who she is as an individual. You can like the movie, but not necessarily like the role, which she has stated before. 

Of course. But I was referring to the fact that she said that she had to be "Stefani" again in order to be able to play the part, and that she couldn't have done that without Bradley. Again, that just surprised me, because she said similar things about Tony (who she also referred to in the same speech). It just makes me wonder how (in)significant her "own" projects or artistic creation are/is for her.

I'm not putting her down or anything, I think you misunderstood something about my posts. I'm just intrigued in what she means by her comments because I think they're pretty revealing.

Archived