Stefani Tee
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

Featured Posts

SamanthaC
4 minutes ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

So Gaga will always be a huge part of Stefani, they are one. It's just the fact that she had to be Gaga too much of the time in the past decade has made her lose connection to Stefani and this movie obviously made her re-connect, re-build that relationship and there is nothing wrong in that!

I think of it like this too. This speech was right in line with her comments at the HR round table when she said she didn’t make it into acting, so she created these characters. After watching a lot of her interviews from the past, when I first watched this I felt happy for her. I honestly think she seems to be a good place with her mental health. The Lady Gaga of years past may have been a way for her to deal with some of her insercurities (as many of you have said). I think it’s still there, just maybe not as strong as her early career. For years, it’s been stated that she wants people that know her personally to call her Stefani. Not separating the two early in her career was probably bad for her mental health, imagine if you created a persona and were that 24/7, it be exhausting. Obviously Lady Gaga hasn’t completely disappeared, otherwise why do a residency? I think the way she performs there will be interesting. Even if you compare her performance on tours, you can see how she has grown and matured. I’m happy she seems to be in a good place with her mental health and has become so outspoken about it. 

• Like 3

Kattys

I just hope she don’t suffer (or won’t in future) from some kind of identity crisis. Feeling of your true „self” is really important and key element to a personality. And personality disorders are very serious.

• Like 3

Mustang

Wow the backlash in here is just :saladga:

Never let you fall apart Together we’ll dance in the dark
  • Thanks 3

Morphine Prince
6 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

And in 2011 everyone here probably thought differently and probably even acted somewhat differently to what they do now. 

We all evolve as we grow older. Our perception changes. 

Edited by Morphine Prince
The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Didymus
20 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And in 2011 everyone here probably thought differently and probably even acted somewhat differently to what they do now. 

We all evolve as we grow older. Our perception changes

But we don't bank on our earlier personalities, pulling thousands of people into our self-perception. I don't understand why it's so hard for so many fans to get that many fans just find it difficult to accept that she "just changed" when they feel her earlier self literally saved them from suicide.

A little empathy can go a long way in both directions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mariomania1234

Gaga and Stefani are the same person. It's a very simple concept.

The Gaga who wore prosthetics on her face and the Gaga who put on a cowboy hat are the same person, and those decisions came from the same place. So is being an actress.

Like she said before, "I'm just shapeshifting".

Edited by mariomania1234
  • Like 2

RudraCNG

Don't you worry, she will be Gaga again at Enigma. I know it sounds cinic, but that's how marketing works, you can't blame her.

Didymus
Just now, mariomania1234 said:

Gaga and Stefani are the same person. It's a very simple concept.

But she did say that what people think of as "Gaga" is almost entirely their own perception and not who she really is :vegas:

It's a very simple concept, but she's made it very complicated. That's simply the truth, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Supersonic

All the backlash in here and snide comments as if none of y'all ever had a mental health crisis. The hypocrisy. :lmao:

Majestic, the future is electric.
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Morphine Prince
22 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But we don't bank on our earlier personalities, pulling thousands of people into our self-perception. I don't understand why it's so hard for so many fans to get that many fans just find it difficult to accept that she "just changed" when they feel her earlier self literally saved them from suicide.

A little empathy can go a long way in both directions.

Well, that’s probably true since Gaga never saved me, I wouldn’t know. 

But I think we need to accept people evolve in time. Even people who “don’t change” have some sort of evolution to their personality, it’s life. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 1

ThatAsianGuy

200w.gif

Gaga needs to reevaluate herself. People are tired of the gimmicks. Yes I have said it.

Twenty One Pilots
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

mariomania1234
16 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But she did say that what people think of as "Gaga" is almost entirely their own perception and not who she really is :vegas:

It's a very simple concept, but she's made it very complicated. That's simply the truth, I'm afraid.

I don't think it's very complicated at all. :vegas: Fans choose to make it complicated, like everything else with her.

Fans need to get used to this and realize she's going to continually shape shift. Gaga is essentially a extension/heightened version of Stefani. I think it's a very empowering message that there's a heightened version of ourselves in all of us.

And she's right, It is our own perception as "Gaga' is a very vague idea. Anybody can interpret it how they'd like. It doesn't mean their correct.

Edited by mariomania1234
  • Like 7

mariomania1234
Just now, ThatAsianGuy said:

200w.gif

Gaga needs to reevaluate herself. People are tired of the gimmicks. Yes I have said it.

This isn't a gimmick.

• Like 1