Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Scenes in ASIB where you couldn’t un-see Gaga (SPOILERS)

zerojk

Featured Posts

matteonster
9 hours ago, Borislshere said:

The photoshoot but that's pretty much it. 

Exactly, the photoshoot was so Gaga but other than that nothint else I can recall.

“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally stopped watching AHS because I couldn't unsee her. The thing with Gaga is she has transformed 100s of different looks with dozens of personalities throughout her career. Because of this I was worried that even if Ally was something completely new, it could just come across as Gaga in another one of her transformations. This could have easily happened, but Gaga's acting talents really pulled through and did the character justice. 

Didymus

Nothing tbh. Which SHOCKED me because it was totally the case with any other acting job she'd done.

Well done Gags :koons:

Oriane

I don't get why La Vie en Rose performance was so Gaga. Ally is not confident and doesn't seem like the type of girl who would put clothes and make-up like that for a show. The performance of Shallow seems closer to her character, she's scared, shy, doesn't have a big stage presence yet, is just dressed casually with her daily clothes.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

hpmcmill

Le Vie En Rose for sure. I saw she said in an interview where she sang it differently than she normally would so it was “Ally” but that seems pretty much the way Gaga sings it lol. In any case, the GP wouldn’t know that and Gaga was amazing overall. 

Kimblue
7 hours ago, Gagally said:

I had just posted this in the favorite lines thread, then I saw this thread the scene. I love you guys at GGD, so much fun here! Where Jack rubs cream cheese in Ally's face. First she is shocked, angry, then agitated, finally realizes its foreplay and closes the door, saying something like "you want to play,...?" I do not know why, but I think about that scene all the time. I really think Ally's responses was improvised, it felt so....Gaga-like. Also when Ally wipes herself off in the bathroom with a washcloth before it is intimated they are to be intimate (Ha)... i just felt Gaga put that part in the film. Only a woman could have added that nuance.  I want to go right now and see it again. Gosh I can not wait for the DVD!

That bagel scene seemed so random to me. Haha

As said before, only when she was dancing or singing because her gestures are very characteristic. The WDYDT performance dance reminded me of a DWUW performance too

As long as we are talking about it, I felt like there was times when Gaga even walked different in the movie than in real life. I have always, even from the beginning thought the GP is not going to understand how great a performance it really is. I know the accolades are universal, but I think this thread demonstrates how amazing Gaga’s acting in this film is. For some it comes down to she removed her make-up and wigs, but so much more than that. A portrayal that is nuanced and sublime.

Watch As I Dive In

38 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I don't get why La Vie en Rose performance was so Gaga. Ally is not confident and doesn't seem like the type of girl who would put clothes and make-up like that for a show. The performance of Shallow seems closer to her character, she's scared, shy, doesn't have a big stage presence yet, is just dressed casually with her daily clothes.

I agree. It would've been more realistic if she had worn more casual clothes and hairstyle like the ones she wore during the red&Blue era (specifically, that old video where she's singing and standing behind a keyboard)

Grigio Boy

Does anyone think that she kinda looks into the camera when she's talking to Jackson backstage after she SUNG La Vie En Rose?

DitaDolla
46 minutes ago, Grigio Boy said:

Does anyone think that she kinda looks into the camera when she's talking to Jackson backstage after she SUNG La Vie En Rose?

I think Bradley wanted the watchers to feel like they are in Jackson's place. That way they can feel how he felt and see what he saw when he first met her

RetroPhysico
2 hours ago, Oriane said:

Maybe because

1. It wasn't her song.

2. She was wearing makeup and fake eyebrows (like how some drag queens are only confident in performing while they're in drag)

3. She was used to performing for that bar.

crybrowz

The frame of Ally on the plane with her sunglasses always struck me as Gaga

TRWtKgAjGfkVL_KxCcZ-dPu1b0KEUhGgkgYtrnCz

EDIT: Sorry for the horrible quality its the only picture of it I could find :flop:

Watch that be her accepting speech for the OScar:trollga:.

Spoiler

Who will be the one to play Jack. Ex-fiance, The "Pig" or Angela Cheng, Troy, Lina Morgana's spirit?

Archived