Apple Music
lgbt

‘Transgender’ could be defined out of existence under Trump administration

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing gender largely as an individual’s choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth. The policy prompted fights over bathrooms, dormitories, single-sex programs and other arenas where gender was once seen as a simple concept. Conservatives, especially evangelical Christians, were incensed.

Now the Department of Health and Human Services is spearheading an effort to establish a legal definition of sex under Title IX, the federal civil rights law that bans gender discrimination in education programs that receive government financial assistance, according to a memo obtained by The New York Times.

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

Read more: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/us/politics/transgender-trump-administration-sex-definition.amp.html

I got two red pills to take the blues away.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 42

ARTPOP2

wow... I literally don't know what to say... like why ? why the f#ck a government should care about how people identify and what's inside their pants ? Like go write memoirs about how to fix your education system instead or something more meaningful... wow

• Like 21
  • YAAAS 1

Miracle

This is truly one of Trump's vilest bills, if it ever materializes, which I doubt, it would literally make trans people lives a burning hell in the US. However, Trump is known for claiming extremely inhumane claims which are later revised and substituted for other that, while still inhumane, are less drastic.

Edited by Miracle
  • Like 3

Dxnatella

I feel physically sick oh my god, like how much more sick, twisted and inhumane can this administration get

Edited by The Enigma
  • Like 10

hoeslay
13 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.”

Science has proven that gender is a spectrum DIFFERENT from sex so can someone professional please tell me there's hope 😭

• Like 15

OBEY

White straight rich men deciding about women's bodies, white straight rich men deciding about transgender's rights.... ugh.

• Like 17

Jenina

I can't stress it enough GO VOTE FOR MIDTERM ELECTIONS NOVEMBER 6TH 

• Like 30
  • Love 2

River

Disgusting and heartbreaking :( 

he hurts without caring one of the most fragile minority in our society, the one that needs help the mostt!

can we end this madness?

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 4

Morphine Prince
18 minutes ago, Jenina said:

I can't stress it enough GO VOTE FOR MIDTERM ELECTIONS NOVEMBER 6TH 

13 minutes ago, oyeavi said:

VOTE ON NOV 6. 

Better yet vote EARLY! Many more polling locations, shorter lines, stress free. 

Google early voting in your area! 

I got two red pills to take the blues away.
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 2

derpmonster

The fact that a few GGD users exist who might feel the need to come here and type paragraphs and pages about how it's okay because it should all be sex based which (to them) can't change. :saladga:

Edited by derpmonster
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

ARTPOP2

This is like cisnormativity at its peak. It started with conservatives making jokes online about gender identity, then refusing to use the right pronouns for trans people cuz """free speech""", then the whole bathroom thing and the military ban and now, here we are basically denying the existence of trans people. This move coming from America, the supposed land of the free and the guardian of human rights around the world, is validating some countries' repressive and violent regimes against LGBTQI people, especially trans and intersex individuals. Truly disgusting. 

• Like 8

fayecuntaway
15 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I know a few GGD users who might feel the need to come here and type paragraphs and pages about how it's okay because it should all be sex based which (to them) can't change. :saladga::nails:

yeah, i came here expecting to find some already posted. i was prepared to get annoyed. 

• Like 3