💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Jackson Saved the Ending (Spoiler)

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

On 10/16/2018 at 4:08 PM, TheAlpha said:

I think I might be the only person here who think the ending of the movie was saved by Jackson’s appearance. In my humble opinion, Ally was just not soulful enough with I’ll Never Love Again. I didn’t feel anything when she was singing. It was Jack who made me cried on this last scene.

picture&pid=146848

And the fact that the song sounds too much like I Will Always Love You, it didn’t feel authentic for me. For me, this was Ally’s weakest scene. There were performances that were better. La Vie En Rose at the bar is BEAUTIFUL. Walking through the alley singing Over The Rainbow was MAGICAL.

> says INLA sounds too much like "I Will Always Love You" 

>Names two covers as their favorite 

:vegas:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The final scene was great. Both Gaga AND Cooper made that scene.  I don't think it's fair to say that one person "made" or "saved" that scene since both characters were equally important for that moment.

And Bradley Cooper is a directing genius for deciding to cut to Jackson singing at the very end.  That was the moment that made me cry.

FullPsychotic

In my opinion each one of us reacted his own way. I can cry for a movie but in this case I didn't even if when listening to the song at home I was very emotional about it.

I mean, cry is not the only feeling in this world. I was fu***ng unhappy with what happened to him, in that way, so I was angry and disappointed and could'n totally embrace and enjoy the cry moment.

Gaga was amazing singing it though.

• 5 weeks later...
That J

The entire movie is what made the ending so well done. Ya had to go thru the struggle of it all to even be affected by Jackson at the end. So..no saving was needed. The entire journey made the film. It was flawless.  

The whole film was well done. It's a pretty movie. A good spirit to it even with the hurt of it. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
On 10/18/2018 at 10:01 AM, FullPsychotic said:

In my opinion each one of us reacted his own way. I can cry for a movie but in this case I didn't even if when listening to the song at home I was very emotional about it.

I mean, cry is not the only feeling in this world. I was fu***ng unhappy with what happened to him, in that way, so I was angry and disappointed and could'n totally embrace and enjoy the cry moment.

Gaga was amazing singing it though.

To me...I nearly respected his choice as much as it hurt and I hated it.  She had just curled up to him and happily said she cancelled her huge summer tour so they could be together. He had just totally humiliated himself and her at the Awards. 

To Jackson....he saw something in her and knew she could be a star. He fell in love with her at a point in his life when he was already done. She was his last best good thing. 

He felt and knew that staying would ruin and kill the stardom that he brought her out of the club for...the fame she deserved. He knew he was too much baggage and he removed himself because he loved her so much to not get in her way. 

Was it right?  No. But the line in the movie says it best...

No I dont like it but I understand it.  

That J

Jackson ended up giving his life up for Ally's success....

I wonder about her as the film does haunt you. I see her being very close with his brother. I see her returning to the club for a few intimate shows to bare her soul and I see her returning to that grassroots rock sound her and Jackson did so well together. 

And she loves her fans but that's as far as it goes because I believe her when she said she will never love (that way) again.  

To Ally and Jackson...bravo!  The movie was rich and beautiful.  

Gaga4stef

I was bawling well before that scene. Just sayin'. The entire last half of the movie I was struggling to contain my emotions as I knew each moment was moving towards tragedy. The scenes from the rehab stint were kind of slow for lack of a better word, but they were so vital to understanding how broken Jackson was. The story he told of his previous suicide attempt was crushing. And I literally sobbed when Jackson broke down while apologizing to Ally. Bradley nailed that scene. His pain was so pure and genuine. He deserves an Oscar for that scene alone. He delivered in this role. I love Gaga and give her props, but Bradley's portrayal was spot on across the board. I have so much respect for him as an actor after seeing this movie. And as a director I applaud his decision to end the movie the way he did. It was perfect imo. 

Every time we say goodbye baby it hurts

Archived