Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Gaga as Ursula in The Little Mermaid!

California Gold

Featured Posts

This has been on my wishlist since 2014! Here's my original post (visual aides at the link lol)

Imagine 20, 30, 40 years down the line, and gaga comes out of retirement when approached by disney to do a live action remake/retelling of the little mermaid (her favorite disney movie + the ONLY disney princess she has a soft spot for) + how amazing it would be to see gaga as ursula, either as the main character through a retelling ala jolie in maleficent, or even as supporting, like travolta in the remake of hairspray (emerging from retirement to reprise his musical theater roots (grease) as edna, traditionally cast as a male performer in drag), and how epic it would be in that gaga has become a highly significant drag icon with younger queens , for her to become the theatrical, ‘big is beautiful’, drag queen-inspired sea witch

///

Never even considered her doing it at this point in her career, but as @BorisIsHere mentioned, she could totally do a modern interpretation of one of the original designs for Ursula, which could lend amazingly for the Vanessa/disguise direction if they choose to go that way. I would l i v e. And cry

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoshLife

The Little Mermaid on Broadway had a skinny blonde Ursula, but honestly... I never thought that was a good direction to take the role in. Ursula is one of the most iconic disney villains (along with Scar, Captain Hook, Jafar, etc). Don't change her look drastically, there's simply no need.

BrickMonster

not sure how to feel about this. but it feels like they're just bouncing off ideas to the public and seeing which sticks. 

GovernmentHookah
2 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

Are you kidding me! You poor delusional child, it was terrible in so many ways. 

Thank you! BATB was an abomination despite its amazing box office intake.  They had Emma’s monotone voice auto tuned to death. How hard was it to find an unknown actress who could actually act and sing? Anyhow off topic but let’s just hope they hire TALENT for the live action TLM and Gaga would be a phenomenal choice for whatever role they put her in.

jimmytimestep

OMG

THIS IS TRULY INSPIRED

Remember y'all, Ursula has to turn into beautiful Vanessa so honestly this would be INSANE casting

5 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Those P P P P Poor P P P Poor Unfortunate Souls. MA MA MA MA

MA MA PA PA PA Perfect Illusion

FinnishGypsy
4 hours ago, Scathach said:

Ursula was based around a drag queen.

I never knew that before! How interesting. Was she based on a specific one in particular?

ZephyrInTheSky

I think it would work if shes like an attractive version of an octopus witch tbh. Def not the cartoon version though...IDK.

There can be 99 bottoms in the area but all it takes is 1 top to believe in you.

joannesrats
7 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

This reply is disgusting. This role is perfect for her and she can do your art house movie after it. Now stop being bitter. Ursula is female and not a drag queen in the original so go off..

...you realize that the role of Ursula is LITERALLY INSPIRED BY a fat drag queen from the 70's named Divine?

Poissonche
4 hours ago, FinnishGypsy said:

Queen of predicting the future.

Lady-Gaga.png

Didn't she also compare Dr. Luke to Ursula due to what happened with Kesha? I swear this woman stans this movie [almost] as hard as me. I definitely wish for her to get some sort of a role, be it as Ursula or as a smaller role.

This was already posted days ago! (Bob Iger Tweets about Gaga). And the DisneyInsider is NOT a reliable source! Tbh this forum is a more reliable than their content. 

Archived