šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

question

For people who oppose listening to ASIB leaks

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Head Empty
8 minutes ago, Andree said:

if there's a demand for illegal new songs, hackers are going to hack artists computers/labels/idkĀ because they are people like you that are willing to support those hackersĀ 

also, Joanne was leaked by a fan, that fan leaked the album because he probably wanted more followers and likes, you guys created a demand and that's why he leaked it. You don't want to cause harm but you're hurting gaga's team, Bobby has said this so many times and you still don't get it.Ā 

That crossed my mind as well and I agree that thisĀ isĀ part of the problem. But think of it like this: there will always be hype for new releases like this. People will always be anxious to get their hands on a new song as fast as possible.Ā 

So the demand you're talking about will never go away, simply because the material in question is highly desireable. And hackers will know that, even without a like-count (although I personally find it idiotic to specificallyĀ "like" a hacker).

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ā€Ž įµƒĖ¢Ė¢ šŸ•ŗ

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

GP who download music, will not buy it, they will download it anyway.. there are countries that it's in their culture to download music, movies etc.. and if they can't find the new album, they will just not bother about it.. so to say that Joanne lost 300k sales it just wrong, because those 300k people wouldn't buy anyway..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Head Empty
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

From my understanding Brooklyn Nights just leakedā€”it was never released, so how could it be leaked ahead of its nonexistent release date?Ā 

The idea of ARTPOP ACT 2 had not officially been scrapped yet. Gaga had just mentioned, and I quote: "I have a whole second act of ARTPOP". It hadn't been confirmed that it would be released either, so it was still up in the air.

7 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I don't think Gaga though, "Oh my gosh, people are listening to my songs before they're released so now my sales will go down!". She thought about how it was a matter of principle. It doesn't necessarily matter if you're still going to buy the music. You still decided to listen to something that wasn't meant to be released yet. If they wanted you to listen to it earlier, they would have released it earlier.Ā 

This could be true and it's a valid point of discussion, but it's also pure speculation. We don't know the exact reasoning behind her reaction.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ā€Ž įµƒĖ¢Ė¢ šŸ•ŗ

warrentw

I understand why people might not wanted to listen to the leaks because they haven't yet seen the film, but IĀ don't see there being any differences with downloading these leaks to downloading any other of gaga's leaks. I know the soundtrack is obviously a big thing for us as gaga fans but in the great scheme of things going out and supporting the movie in the cinemaĀ is the main priority here. I myself downloaded the leaks as ive seen the film already so nothingĀ was ruined and I have the vinyl on pre order and will stream the death out of the soundtrack on my spotify when its released.

SwissMonster

There is a difference between leaks of something coming out in 2 days and something never coming outĀ :huntyga:Ā So yes itā€™s a difference. Also, I think most of the people wanna be suprised while watching the movie, so, itā€™s not the same like a Gaga album.Ā 

SwissMonsterĀ®ļø - Creating controversy since 1999

Reality
53 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

The idea of ARTPOP ACT 2 had not officially been scrapped yet. Gaga had just mentioned, and I quote: "I have a whole second act of ARTPOP". It hadn't been confirmed that it would be released either, so it was still up in the air.

Ā 

I'm a relatively new Monster. I wasn't one until ARTPOP and even then I didn't know much about her upcoming projects or anything. That being said, do we know if Brooklyn Nights wasĀ specificallyĀ meant for Act II, was it scraped from ARTPOP?

55 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

This could be true and it's a valid point of discussion, but it's also pure speculation. We don't know the exact reasoning behind her reaction.

Ā 

I mean, but it's not really speculation though. She was obviously hurt by the fact that people were listening to her songs without it being fully released. The specific details aren't as important as the fact that she was obviously hurt by it all.

š¼ š’„š’°š’®š’Æ š’©šøšøš’Ÿ š’œ š’Ÿš’Ŗš’®šø š’Ŗš¹ š’Æš»šø š‘…š¼š’¢š»š’Æ š’®š’Æš’°š¹š¹

TEETHTEETH

The argument not listening because of LQ is hilarious. The versions in the movie (I haven't seen) have a strong possibility of being incomplete, dialogue speaking over, or other interjections that may take away from the song as a stand alone track.

Xoxo Adriana

The 30 second 'Heal Me' snippet is the only thing I've heard so far bc whatever Warner Bros. and everything else involved with the soundtrack are doing to keep the leaks offline, they're doing an amazing job. I don't disagree with leaks, however it's just more a fear of what happened with ARTPOP being leaked in full 11 days before it's release, and Rebel Heart being leaked 3 months before release. Leaks can contribute to album flops, and depends on how early or how in full the leaks are can result in how bad an album flops. And some fans do need to understand that when an artist(s) work extremely hard on an album, to not SPREAD leaks. If you truely valued Gaga's time +effort into putting a magnificent soundtrack for y'all, you'd listen to the leaks in private if need be, and not give everyone else the leaks, or post them.

I don't care, I'll listen to the leaks anyway...I listened to unreleased songs, heck, I even had a fan made unreleased album of Gaga songs on my iPod back in the wonderful "pre ARTPOP" days. The mods on here especially get the message as well, we cannot have links posted around here and every other Gaga-related forum site and expect the album to do as perfect as it would if it hadn't leaked. I'm not one of those extra af stans either who are like "I don't wanna hurt Gaga's feelings for listening to a 10 second snippet" or whatever, but just understand the concept of leaks and how they can really ruin the success of an album. Listen to ASIB on October 5, that way you're not hearing illegal leaks and the get bored of the songs by October 5Ā :ladyhaha:

We are legit less than 48 hours away from soundtrack release. If Gaga could get through the ARTPOP era, you can get through Wednesday-FridayĀ :triggered:

I honestly don't know how anyone can listen to leaks, especially after what y'all saw in five foot two and this comparison is just stupidĀ :madge:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakrā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

whore

Iā€™m abstaining from the leaks and this is coming from someone who has unreleased albums of hers. The difference is:Ā A Star Is BornĀ is going to be out before the week is over. Meanwhile, bops like ā€œBrooklyn Nights,ā€ ā€œReloaded,ā€ andĀ any other song that remains unreleased is more than likely never going to see the light of day. I just donā€™t want to spoil anything, I want to be surprised. Iā€™m making a trip out of this, Iā€™m going to a nice theatre, took off work, and invited my best friends to go with me. Itā€™s going to be memorable and Iā€™m not going to ruin it. I honestly havenā€™t even seen any trailers other than the first one.Ā 

Judas Society

Tbh, I never opposed to people listening to leaks. But what I opposed is them posting it on social media, giving exact spoilers of them to unsuspecting followers who probably would choose to not listen to them. Like, they can just post, "OMG, I got the leaks, it's so good. DM me, I might share it to you privately". But NOOOOOOOOO.... they post the whole thing online and everyone and everybody who wants to take down Gaga can further share it to ruin other's experiences of the movie so that it will hurt the overall appreciation of the movie from the GP.

Judas Society
2 hours ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Iā€™m abstaining from the leaks and this is coming from someone who has unreleased albums of hers. The difference is:Ā A Star Is BornĀ is going to be out before the week is over. Meanwhile, bops like ā€œBrooklyn Nights,ā€ ā€œReloaded,ā€ andĀ any other song that remains unreleased is more than likely never going to see the light of day. I just donā€™t want to spoil anything, I want to be surprised. Iā€™m making a trip out of this, Iā€™m going to a nice theatre, took off work, and invited my best friends to go with me. Itā€™s going to be memorable and Iā€™m not going to ruin it. I honestly havenā€™t even seen any trailers other than the first one.Ā 

Exactly. Some of us just wants to enjoy the experience as a whole but gets spoiled by that few obnoxious fans who posts it to get famous on social media.

JazzGa

I'm not morally opposed to listening to leaks. I mean I am definitely gonna buy her stuff and support her with money either way. I certainly listen to album leaks.Ā But I havent listened to most of the ASIB leaks. Just an official snippetĀ of ARUTW,Ā  the "fan recreation" of ARUTW after Coachella, I heard the Heal Me recording from months ago, and other little stuff here and there. But I've mostly tried to avoid it.Ā Ā I want the full force of ASIB to slap me in the face when I see it on Thursday :giveup:Ā :nooo:

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

IllusionPerfect

So I think this is two different topics.

1. The unreleased music is something the general public will never know about. I think it's more for pop heads. It brings the real community together in a way that has been lost in music.

2. Leaking music before it comes out kinda sucks. I have to admit I listened to it, because I want to know it before I see it. For me that is better, the familiarity will add to my experience. I will still buy the album, so I don't see the problem. But for the general public it can ruin how the pre judge the film since it's low quality.Ā 

I think it lies in the fact that we know these songs have a release date, and we know that Gaga is excited to share her hard work with everybody on that date. I feel like there is a difference between choosing to listen to leaks that have a release date and that Gaga is excited to officially share and listening to leaks of stuff that Gaga really doesnā€™t care about at this point.Ā 

However, Iā€™m not opposed to either. I think fans ultimately choose to listen to leaks out of love/excitement and I donā€™t see the harm if they buy it and stream it when it comes out.

Archived