💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Cool albums/songs in Spanish?

Impostor

Featured Posts

Impostor

Hello latin monsters. I'm learning spanish and I would like to know artists in spanish and their great albums. Pop, electronic, rock, alternative, experimental, classical, folk... anything will do. Thanks!

Henri Bardot

Shakira's cute

Pies Descalzos 

Dónde están los ladrones? 

-> really cute albums

Artists, well I'm Mexican so yeah:

Luis Miguel

Alejandro Fernandez

- para señoras

There's also this iconic song from Spain, it's from the early 80s, it's like a "remake" of a punk song and it's called:

Me gusta ser una zorra - Las Vulpes

The story behind that song is amazing tbh.

I also kinda like a Spanish punk band, also from the 80s:

Banda Trapera del Río.

I'm not really into music in Spanish, but there's some amazing artists out there.

and... Any Cumbia works too. :huntyga:

pooiota

ArnauHutcherson

Agoney - Quizás

Agoney - Eloise

Aitana - Teléfono

Lola indigo - Ya no quiero ná

Rosalía - Malamente

Rosalía - Pienso en tu mirá

Aitana War - Lo malo

Malú - Invisible

Pablo lópez - El patio

Pablo alborán - No vaya a ser

Laura Pausini - Nadie ha dicho

Izal - Pausa

Morat - Cuando nadie ve

Becky G - Mayores

Becky G - Sin piyama

Ana mena - Ya es hora

Cepeda - Esta vez

Blas cantó - Él no soy yo

J. Balvin & Rosalía - Brillo

Miriam Rodriguez - Hay algo en mi

You're welcome :P

Impostor
15 minutes ago, Henri Bardot said:

There's also this iconic song from Spain, it's from the early 80s, it's like a "remake" of a punk song and it's called:

Me gusta ser una zorra - Las Vulpes

The story behind that song is amazing tbh.

I love it haha. I'm listening to their album on Spotify. What's the story behind the song?

You should listen to Vibras by J Balvin, best latin album of the first half of 2018:tony:

J-Balvin_Vibras.jpg

The colombian accent is songs is very neutral and he doesn't speak too fast either, and it's not an average "latino" album, the sound is more like R&B mixed with urban, and there's also songs like "Mi Gente".

And for the best latin album of the second album of the second half of 2018, is the upcoming El Mal Querer by Rosalía:tony:

rosalia_el-mal-querer.jpg

The spanish accent in this is remarkable, even more for the flamenco influeced tracks, who mix pop and urban sounds with the spanish folk music, and some wonderful vocals. Rosalia is also a very visual artist so you can watch the videos of "Malamente" and "Pienso En Tu Mirá" and get curious about the language and the culture.

Spoiler

For more about El Mal Querer go to my thread:hor:

And for the honorable mentions there are:

Spoiler

Anitta with Downtown featuring J Balvin:tony:

510CGFgPxgL._SS500.jpg

Los Mesoneros with Te Lo Advertí:tony:

616576632745_640W_640H.jpg

Kali Uchis with Nuestro Planeta:tony:

kali-uchis-nuestro-planeta-1000x1000.jpg

Mon Laferte and Juanes with Amarrame:tony:

C5Gm6y9WMAAqbqM.jpg

If you want something traditional:

Buena Vista Social Club (highly recommended album if you’re looking for pure latin songs)

Hay Amores - Shakira

Hasta la Raíz - Natalia La Fourcade 

If you like urban / rap songs with good content:

La Vuelta Al mundo - Calle 13

Latinoamerica - Calle 13 

(you should listen to their albums in full if you’re interested in this type of music) 

Light-hearted pop could be Paulina Rubio, songs like “Ni Una Sola Palabra” are good for what they are.

Theres also latin rock, of course my suggestion will be Soda Stereo. The greatest latin rock band. 

Henri Bardot
5 minutes ago, Impostor said:

I love it haha. I'm listening to their album on Spotify. What's the story behind the song?

So just after Spain transitioned from the franquist type of government, to a more democratic style in the late 70s/ early 80s, many punk bands were born.

One day in 1982 I think, this band did their first live TV performance. The problem is that they performed on a TV channel for kids.

You can imagine what happened, early 80s, Spain was still adapting to freedom of speech... Nowadays it's iconic.

pooiota

I'd recommend you to listen to Gloria Trevi's Me Siento Tan Sola, Mas Turbada Que Nunca, Una Rosa Blu and Como Nace El Universo.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ0yYOCoXqkNDrYp5gkRP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9zuf2-tiNqSl0jiQ7rLD

The cover is a mess but I think the album itself is great and probably her strongest one from this century just after Como Nace El Universo. My favourite from the 90's is Me Siento Tan Sola. 

Mesientotansola.jpg

@Ferrer Zorola what’s so funny? Butch fight me :stalkga:

The night sky tells all

Archived