Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

ASIB vs. Joanne / Gaga

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

So, I'm really trying to avoid any leaks from ASIB - I want to hear every song for the first time in the movie... but from those of you who have listened, is it true that ASIB is more pop than Joanne? And is ASIB, overall, 'better' than Joanne? 

Since Joanne is one of my favourite albums from Gaga I'm finding a lot of the hype really hard to believe. I didn't think ASIB would be comparable at all to any previous Gaga album, since it's not really hers at all. 

As a side question, how 'Gaga' is the record? It's so weird to know we have a load of new Gaga tracks but not one of them is a Gaga track. Every song is from the perspective of a character - and I wondered how this impacts the music. Is it very clear that the songs are not meant to be Gaga tracks, as such?

Interested to hear your thoughts :classy:

subtext / fantasy

PlastiscGuy

I think ASIB could really replace Joanne as "Gaga's" (cause we know it's not hers really) best album :udidnt:

Based on the snippets, the songs are really good. I hope the studio versions are as powerful as the movie ones :ohno:

PG.

Godmatica

I haven’t seen the film, I just listened to the snnipets which were also in LQ. But only by hearing that Shallow snnipet, I can say that it’s best than any song on Joanne, and “Why Did You Do That?” sounds more pop than any song on her last album.

Bottleblonde

Difficult to say after only hearing Always Remember Us This Way and WDYDT. ARUTW could have been on joanne because it sounds like a cross-over between Million Reasons and TIHTY, but better. In my opinion, the ballads sound just as Pop as Joanne. But WDYDT is very pop-oriented but a little bit too basic for me. So that’s not really a gaga song (well comparable to The Cure). I don’t really like the chorus of WDYDT (too repetitive) but the verses are really good! Overall, I think ASIB could have been a gaga record, but more basic and less edgy.

Black Aura

ryanripley

the only leaks are LQ leaks, lets wait until the album is out before we start making comparisons

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

NIGHTCRAWLER

for what I've heard it's definitely better than anything on Joanne #sorrynotsorry and Why Did You Do That could easily be the best pop song she made since TFM but let's wait and see the studio version

Princess Stache

I only heard snippets Why Did You Do That, Always Remember Us This Way, The Shallow, and Heal Me.  So far just as everyone saying, Why Did You Do That have a more mainstream pop appeal (and yes, these songs are very different from Joanne).  ARUTW and The Shallow are power ballads.  Based on the production credits for a bunch of Gaga's solos, we're gonna be getting some pop bops sonically similar to The Cure, produced and written by Nick Monson, Mark Nilan Jr., and DJWS.

Princess Stache
14 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

for what I've heard it's definitely better than anything on Joanne #sorrynotsorry and Why Did You Do That could easily be the best pop song she made since TFM but let's wait and see the studio version

And thats only one of the "pop" songs on the soundtrack.  I can't wait to hear Hair, Body, Face; Before I Cry, Music to my Eyes, etc.  The production credits have DJWS, Mark Nilan Jr, and Nick Monson.

NIGHTCRAWLER
Just now, Princess Stache said:

And thats only one of the "pop" songs on the soundtrack.  I can't wait to hear Hair, Body, Face; Before I Cry, Music to my Eyes, etc.  The production credits have DJWS, Mark Nilan Jr, and Nick Monson.

YAAASSSSS

and when I say best pop song she made I'm talking about pure pop/rnb cause born this way and ARTPOP was more EDM 

Princess Stache
Just now, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

YAAASSSSS

and when I say best pop song she made I'm talking about pure pop/rnb cause born this way and ARTPOP was more EDM 

Well to be fair Gaga hasnt done much R&B in the past but I would say this R&B/pop infusion is looking really good so far.  And I love EDM so I can't say the same.

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 minutes ago, Princess Stache said:

Well to be fair Gaga hasnt done much R&B in the past but I would say this R&B/pop infusion is looking really good so far.  And I love EDM so I can't say the same.

I'm not saying that I don't like EDM, I live for Born This Way this is my fav album of all time but if we consider her pure pop songs, the ASIB soundtrack could bring her best since TFM

Edit: and it's almost a shame for those songs if they do not exploit them cause they're more than album-worthy 

Moebius

From those 40 sec leaks alone it outdid all of Joanne in HQ. The ASIB tracks sound ACTUALLY like genuine indie folk songs, which Joanne failed to achieve. Listen to the Always Remember Us This Way snippet, and ESPECIALLY the Shallow, youll hear the difference

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Moebius
10 minutes ago, Princess Stache said:

I only heard snippets Why Did You Do That, Always Remember Us This Way, The Shallow, and Heal Me.  So far just as everyone saying, Why Did You Do That have a more mainstream pop appeal (and yes, these songs are very different from Joanne).  ARUTW and The Shallow are power ballads.  Based on the production credits for a bunch of Gaga's solos, we're gonna be getting some pop bops sonically similar to The Cure, produced and written by Nick Monson, Mark Nilan Jr., and DJWS.

Waitaistisisoa the heal me snippets are REAL?

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Princess Stache
5 minutes ago, Moebius said:

Waitaistisisoa the heal me snippets are REAL?

Of course they are.  One of my friends went to the taping and also sang me Why Did You Do That and it was 100% accurate to the snippet that leaked yesterday.

Archived