Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Photoshop Game: Season 1

Star

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Sorry it has to be a post by you, I should’ve specified :sweat: 

That's my post, no? 

Are you talking about a post with no qoute?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xokuba

The results are amazing, I definately need to step up my game, because some of these are litteraly out of this world.

tumblr_lo1fyf8Pmo1qze69g.gif

Sunny

Everyone did amazing in this challenge! Just wanted to congratulate all! :saira:GGD has amazingly talented people

-

Here's my take on the N1A cover

krrsy.jpg

I like dancin', and ponies....

On 8/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, Star said:

yea, it is all up to you. but please do remember that you are debuting a "new" artist in music industry so writing "6 times grammy winner" is not acceptable but mentioning "having 6 octaves" will do

Oops
 :selena:

“
becoming on of music’s top-selling artists with sold-out tours and a slew of awards.”

Guess I’ll have to do some explaining:

I’m talking about her twin sister, BeyoncĂ©. They’re conjoined, so they will always be together.

tumblr_nn6gjwJ5ya1s01gwto1_400.gif

They started writing songs and performing them at the age of 14. They had a little band called ‘Beytwice’. They both wanted to pursue a musical career, but unfortunately, only BeyoncĂ© managed to get a contract at a well-known label company. Her twin sister on the other side (literally on the other side :emma:) was forced to write her songs, even though BeyoncĂ© got all the credits. BeyoncĂ© was always cruel with her twin sister. “It’s time to break the cycle” said her sister one day, “I will become a pop star!”.

Beyoncé’s sister and therefore my artist’s name, is BeyoncĂš.

Right @Beytwice? :hor::hor:

beytwice.jpg.595cdab0fc80760de02e4864542

TheJoanneJoker
11 minutes ago, Kween said:

Oops
 :selena:

“
becoming on of music’s top-selling artists with sold-out tours and a slew of awards.”

Guess I’ll have to do some explaining:

I’m talking about her twin sister, BeyoncĂ©. They’re conjoined, so they will always be together.

tumblr_nn6gjwJ5ya1s01gwto1_400.gif

They started writing songs and performing them at the age of 14. They had a little band called ‘Beytwice’. They both wanted to pursue a musical career, but unfortunately, only BeyoncĂ© managed to get a contract at a well-known label company. Her twin sister on the other side (literally on the other side :emma:) was forced to write her songs, even though BeyoncĂ© got all the credits. BeyoncĂ© was always cruel with her twin sister. “It’s time to break the cycle” said her sister one day, “I will become a pop star!”.

Beyoncé’s sister and therefore my artist’s name, is BeyoncĂš.

Right @Beytwice? :hor::hor:

beytwice.jpg.595cdab0fc80760de02e4864542

2 AM notifications 

marry me

053Timo

Hey everybody,

First of all, thank you for participation and creating awesome artworks.

How is my judgement divided?
As told before my judgement will be based on the next criteria:

- Creativity (25%)
- Font choice/Readability (15%)
- Professionalism/Technical knowledge/Difficulty (30%)
- Does it fit the purpose? (30%)

I will give four ratings, each with a different percentage, and this will result in a final score.
Please everybody do yourself a favor and add a little bit of context the next time. A little description with why you made some choices, what your idea was etcetera. This helps me to see where you come from.

For me this round was about selling the artist and it's stand out features. Not everyone has succeeded that challenge.

I didn't gave anybody a final score lower than 5.5 because this is the first round I don't want to discourage you. I hope you can agree with me on my judgement. If you've questions, don't agree with me, feel free to PM/DM me. I will do my best to help/explain you. Also read my judgement on the other contestants, maybe it will help you next time.

I wish everybody the best of luck in the next round! 🎉

Spoiler

Ratings

@Mustang - Elon Musk

Creativity:
I like the overall look, it isn't too "creative" but it's a nice layout. The color combination purple/orange is a great fit.

Rating: 7.5/10

Font choice/Readability:
Your title is great, your body text is good readable thanks to the perfect chosen line-height. It is a bit blurry/pixellated unfortunately, same applies to your image. I like the "beyond Mars" sentence 

Rating: 8/10

Professionalism/Technical knowledge/Difficulty:
I think there is space to grow here. The texture in the jacked is completely gone and the black line around the jacked shouldn't be there. Try to use different blending mode options or even better try the hue/saturation option in Photoshop in combination with layer masks.

Rating: 6/10

Does it fit the purpose?:
This is harder for me to judge because you had to come up with a concept for him as an artist since he isn't one. I think I expected a bit more the fast cars/futuristic feeling. The "crazy" part of his personality is there tho :P

Rating: 7/10

Final score: 7/10

---------------

@xokuba - Charli XCX

Creativity:
I can't credit you too much for the creativity because technically seen it's just an image and some text.

Rating: 5.5/10

Font choice/Readability:
I like your title, I've seen others who didn't include a clear visible name so good job for that! The body text is way too small which makes it hard to read. Also you should improve the characters per line. The optimal line length for a body text is considered to be 50-60 characters per line, including spaces.Â ï»ż

Rating: 6.5/10

I like the look but as told before you haven't done that much yourself, but it looks professional!

I can see this representing Charli but nothing too special.

Final score: 6.1/10

---------------ï»żï»ż

@highlikegaga - Kendrick Lamar

Creativity:
It's a bit simple, I like the little glow over the picture so it matches better with the purple background.

Font choice/Readability:
Your text is a bit hard to read because you've broken lines and too little whitespace on both sides. If you had on each side half an inch of whitespace it would improve the readability and overall look immensely.

I can see you are not that experienced with design and/or Photoshop. Try to watch a few YouTube tutorial videos, I think it will help you improve your skills.

This doesn't scream Kendrick Lamar to me. He is a very creative guy with great visuals, I'd like to see that a bit more in your design.

Final score: 5.9/10

---------------ï»żï»ż

@xoxo Human - Sarah Paulson

Creativity:
I like the concept, you used different images to make your design; it's nice.

Font choice/Readability:
Your title is good readable, the body text not so much. White on white is hard to read

I can see you tried and did your best but I think there are a few things to improve. The lightning in the two images are too different in my opinion, personally I wouldn't use them together. There is missing some parts of her hair on the right image, cutting out images is one of the hardes thing to do, so kudos for trying! Maybe follow some tutorials on how to improve this (for example: a refine selection tutorial)

On the pictures she looks a bit angry which, in my opinion, doesn't reflect her as a person. I would've lighten the cloud, this is too gray and looks like there is thunder coming. But your use of the color white (color of innocence) and the flowers balance the other two points of critique.

Final score: 7.1/10

---------------ï»żï»ż

@Dunk96 - Janet Jackson

Creativity:
Not a big fan of the colors used but I think it's cute.

Font choice/Readability:
The title on the first image is too difficult to read, same applies to your body text in the second image. Try tho use a sans serif of a serif font for your body text the next time. I would also decrease the characters on a line to improve the readability. The optimal line length for a body text is considered to be 50-60 characters per line, including spaces. 

I think you did your best but there is space for growth here. Try to follow a tutorial on how to cut images out better. For example with the "refine selection" function.

The colors and pattern you used are a solid choice for a kids project, so that's fine.

Final score: 6.5/10

---------------ï»ż

@Florian - Lady Gaga

Creativity:
Great look, nice combination of colors, the layout works well. Good job!

Rating: 9/10

Font choice/Readability:
Very solid. Personally I would've increased the line-heigh a bit on the body text so it improves the readability. And although I like the way you made "Gaga" I wouldn't have put it behind a photo of her and I would've added "Lady". This is a promotional challenge for a new artist, in my opinion the name of the artist should be very clear.

I like the different techniques you used. 

Rating: 8.5/10

To me Gaga is crazy, different, elegant and futuristic at the same time. I think you did a pretty great job to include that in one "image".

Final score: 8.5/10

---------------ï»ż

@Kween - Beyoncé

Creativity:
Not too special but I like your layouting skills. Because not everything is placed in the same line you get a nice dynamic image/poster.

Font choice/Readability:
Solid. I would've increased the line-height a bit so it's better readable.

It isn't too difficult, maybe you could challenge yourself a bit more the next round. And try to look at whitespace use the next time, especially above "Beyoncé".

I like the background image you used for the sphere. It also screams sexy and proud black woman which I think is Beyoncé. But she is also a great dancer, a very creative woman who outdoes herself with every performance, that aspect should've been highlighted a bit more in my opinion.

Final score: 7.2/10

---------------ï»ż

@Oriane - Marilyn Monroe

Creativity:
Personally I'm not a big fan of the white boxes but the overall look is great in my opinion. I get the Marilyn vibe which is the challenge this round. The dotted pattern around Marilyn works really well!

Font choice/Readability:
Solid work here. I like the red highlighted words, that works really well for a promotional picture. You've a clear title and the body text is good readable and has a nice line-height. My only concern is the inconsistency, the text in the first four boxes is aligned to the left and the last one is centered. 

You cut out images, kudos for doing that since it's really really difficult to do. I think there is space to improve here, especially with the image right in the bottom; the black in her hair shouldn't be there! Try to watch some YouTube tutorial videos on how to cut out an item from an image, for example with the "refine selection" function. Also try to equal the space between different boxes the next time. There's more space between the third and the fourth text boxes than the other ones.

I think your design stands out in "fitting the purpose". I like the colors, images and fonts you used. They compliment each other with a great result. Good job!

Final score: 7.4/10

---------------ï»ż

@Vojta - Halsey

Creativity:
Really cool effect you used on the images. I like the colors you used and I also want to give you credits on how you positioned all the different objects, the way you did it makes is very dynamic!

Font choice/Readability:
A bit basic but nothing too bad. Personally I would've increased the font-size for the title a bit. The title is one of the most important aspects in a promotional image and in your design it feels a bit pushed to the background. The font you used for the body text is okay, maybe increase the line-height a bit to improve it's readability.

It's executed very well, try to look at using whitespace a bit better the next round. The upper 50% of your design is way heavier than the other half, this should be in balance.

I don't know Halsey that well but she seems like a rebel to me and I think you executed that part very well. Maybe a little more personality in your next design. Overall great job!

Final score: 7.7/10

---------------ï»ż

@Leonardo Melim Sabatini - Allie X

Creativity:
Great design, I really like it! 

Font choice/Readability:
Overall great job on this. A big bold title, a small -good readable- body text, nice! Maybe increase the line-height a little bit the next time. The only flaw that catches my eyes is the kerning. Try to improve that the next time. Especially your text in the right corner. The space between A and V and V and A in "available" is really off. Also the "T" in "Debut" is off, should've been a few pixels up.

You did a great job in cutting the image out, it looks really professional the only thing I am missing is the shadowing. It feels like the image is floating, I don't like that...

I've never heard of Allie X but it does draw my attention and that is what this challenge is all about!

Final score: 8.2/10

---------------ï»żï»ż

@Alecyon - Madonna

Creativity:

Wow! I love everything about it. Really really great job!

Rating: 9.5/10

Font choice/Readability:
Helvetica is always a solid choice. I love all the effects, your body text a good readable. Good job here too!

You've used a couple techniques, everything fits and compliments each other a really cool and effective design. The only thing that bothers me is alignment. Madonna isn't centered well same goes for the car. Try to improve that the next time.

Rating: 9/10

I get a futuristic/retro feeling and I think that can apply to Madonna. But I would've liked to see her extravagant/outgoing persona a bit more in your design. 

Final score: 8.9/10

---------------ï»ż

@UnnamedArtist - Lana Del Rey

Creativity:

Nice concept, executed pretty well. Good job on that!

Font choice/Readability:
I think it's kinda hard to read. It fits the concept etcetera but readability is important too. And since this is a new artist that you like to promote with this design I would've used a large title with "LANA DEL REY" instead of her real name.

As said before, nice concept, executed well but there are some things I would've done differently. Since she is a new artist, and people don't know how she looks right now I would've placed her photos in a more visible way. In the images on the bottom almost half her face is covered. And I think you should look at your use of shadows. All your items have different lightning points.

I can see why you did it the way you did but I would've liked to see this concept in a bit more modern way. This looks like it comes straight out of the 50's.

Final score: 7.2/10

---------------ï»ż

@Queen of Venus - Tove Lo

Creativity:

Not a big fan of the concept but it's okay...

Font choice/Readability:
The effect you used on her name works. It does not with the title "Pushing Pop To It's Climax" because that font is too small for this effect, because of that it becomes harder to read. Your body text is also a bit hard to read because the background image is very heavy. Maybe if you used a darker gradient this would've improved. 

It looks fun but I don't see this being used in real life. In the third image you placed the text over her face, this is really a no-go. Never place text over your main object or a face, there are of course some exceptions but they are very rare. Try to look at some other contestants and their feedback to improve your skills.

I don't know Tove Lo that good, but I don't get that indie songwriter vibe. More like a wanna be pop girl. So to me this design doesn't sell the artist.

Final score: 6/10

---------------ï»ż

@Bloody Grammys - Rihanna

Creativity:

It isn't too special but overall a very solid job!

Font choice/Readability:
A clear heading and a good readable body text. Decent work here. Personally I would've used a bit more outspoken font for the title since Rihanna is rebel-ish and this is a bit brave in my opinion.

I like the triangle in the right picture (picture-in-picture) that works well. Try to expand your borders a bit the next round.

It's a bit brave in my opinion as said before. When I think of Rihanna I see a bad ass chick that tries to do new things every new era, I don't get that "rebel" feeling enough...

Final score: 7.4/10

---------------ï»ż

@FATCAT - Lil Bub

Creativity:

Nothing too special in my opinion.

Font choice/Readability:
I like how you used Lil Bub's logo as title. I don't like the text effects you applied on the quotes. Your body text could've been better the font is in my opinion too condensed.

You blended the "The Fame" glasses very well with the other picture but other than that I can't see techniques you used.

It doesn't sell me as a potential listener. It's too over the place. This challenge is harder for you than for others because you had to come up with a concept for him as an artist, kudos for trying.

Final score: 6.4/10

---------------ï»ż

@Lucas - Marina (and the Diamonds)

Creativity:

I love the layout, how you aligned all the different elements.

Font choice/Readability:
Oh boy, why! How could you use white text and a white background? I can't read it all even if I do my best. Also why did you place a white diamond underneath a white text? The word "mixes" is hard to read right now. Sorry man!

Rating: 3/10

I like how it looks but to be honest, it is not very much more than placing three images on a canvas. Good job on adding the diamond and cutting them out (I guess).

To me it fits it purpose, I get the same feeling from your design as I get from Marina's videos. If I wouldn't know her I and I will see this images I can imagine people will give her a try and listen to her music, so great job!

Final score: 6.7/10

@Star

DOJA CAT

@053Timo A Background of Tove Lo
- She sings Indie-Pop but thats not what she represents
- She likes to push boundaries
- She's quite fun & sexual
hp-tove-lo-uterus-dresspng.png 
So I think what photos I choose for the task were quite suitable 

thank u, next

053Timo
7 minutes ago, Queen of Venus said:

@053Timo A Background of Tove Lo
- She sings Indie-Pop but thats not what she represents
- She likes to push boundaries
- She's quite fun & sexual
hp-tove-lo-uterus-dresspng.png 
So I think what photos I choose for the task were quite suitable 

I watched some videos and checked her Instagram account. I don’t get that sexy vibe when I look at her. 

DOJA CAT
2 minutes ago, 053Timo said:

I watched some videos and checked her Instagram account. I don’t get that sexy vibe when I look at her. 

thank u, next

053Timo
34 minutes ago, Florian said:

Madonna doing better than Gaga. Get ready for a fight next round @Alecyon !! :ladyhaha:

giphy.gif

It’s just 1/4 of the score ;) don’t know what my colleagues opinons are. 

It was not supposed to be revealed nnn

Anyway, waiting for 2/4 judges to share their reviews before i can post the result and round 2

bloody g

@053Timo thank you! I tried to picture Rihanna like an illuminati queen, but I agree it should have been more rebellious :vegas:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐹𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

053Timo
10 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

@053Timo thank you! I tried to picture Rihanna like an illuminati queen, but I agree it should have been more rebellious :vegas:

Noticed that!

Archived