celeb

Madonna gets backlash for her tribute to late Aretha Franklin

stupidrain71

Featured Posts

Thomas P
4 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Y’all this is not the first time she’s done this lmfaooo

I forgot about this :cryga:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NONONONO

This was pretty obvious, but oh well, we live in times were everything needs to be spelled explicitly. Otherwise people will always find something to criticise.

NONONONO
9 hours ago, aaronyoji said:

no because it wasn't an actual tribute, it was a narcissistic white woman making things about herself for the 2459395th time..... so no, if you're gonna **** up a tribute, in a obliviously self righteous manner, its not a tribute. next. sorry.... 

It really wasn't a tribute, as she had to explain herself. And above all, don't bring race into the discussion. It has simply nothing to do with it.

You, others making similar comments as yours and all the twitter SJWs are just finding something to moan about today, when most of you didn't even know who Aretha was before she died.

raragaga

she can find a way to make anything about herself :saladga:

xoxo

Oyster

The part that I find disgraceful about this is that in the 1960's and 1970's, black artists like Aretha had to fight tooth and nail to overcome racist sentiments and get people to listen to their art instead of focus on their color... and Madonna just went up there, tributing Aretha yet only talking about herself, which is just a really sad example of white people putting themselves in front of African American struggle. To say "Bitch, I'm Madonna" as an excuse to you being able to pay tribute, being a non African American soul singer, is just so so frustrating. 

Lord Temptation

At what point will the VMAs STOP asking her to do tributes??? :triggered:

Antichrist
1 hour ago, Oyster said:

The part that I find disgraceful about this is that in the 1960's and 1970's, black artists like Aretha had to fight tooth and nail to overcome racist sentiments and get people to listen to their art instead of focus on their color... and Madonna just went up there, tributing Aretha yet only talking about herself, which is just a really sad example of white people putting themselves in front of African American struggle. To say "Bitch, I'm Madonna" as an excuse to you being able to pay tribute, being a non African American soul singer, is just so so frustrating. 

of all the bad things happening in the world, this is the thing that frustrates you? :lmao:

It was a tribute and no PR they spin now can change that. They played a tribute video, they displayed a photograph of Aretha while Madonna was talking. If they didn't want it to be a tribute, they shouldn't have aired the video and displayed the photograph. It wasn't an off-the-cuff anecdote.  

12 hours ago, Sharyu said:

I don't think she actually has a lisp, having one myself. I think she just speaks in a faux British accent, much how many other artists do it to sound "cool" or more "educated."

Well she did live in London for about 10 years :poot:  

lovespent

I’m sorry but ppl who criticise this or her 2009 MJ speech are just, well, not very clever, to put it kindly, and completely miss her points...

Wolf Boy

Seems like her intent got lost in translation a little. In saying that, she looked a hot mess in that outfit.

That J
8 hours ago, GhettoFabulous said:

Did you REALLY sit down and actually type this **** out? :awkney: WHEEEEEW CHILE THEEEE....💀💀💀💀💀

Lol!  You highlight the part that offended me without recognizing the point I was offering. 

It's not that big of a deal. I just found it all to be a little ....much.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
6 hours ago, dlioncourt91 said:

Exactly. Lol

That J
5 hours ago, headonfire said:

This was pretty obvious, but oh well, we live in times were everything needs to be spelled explicitly. Otherwise people will always find something to criticise.

It would benefit people to get jobs, work out and find a lover.  Just saying.  Haha

Archived