DJ White Shadow
ūüé§ Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets ūüé§
economy

Both Dems and Pubs moving away from Capitalism

Featured Posts

Woolfsmck

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/political-parties-rejecting-capitalism-145632855.html

"Each of these parties is now lurching toward anti-capitalist statism, with the main difference being how, exactly, the government should control the economy"

Hence far Left or Right diminishes freedom.

"President Trump, who comes from the world of business but acts more like a despot rewarding friends and punishing enemies."

This is one reason  I don't think Trump is good for the US

like a cat in a sil, I watch life, moving&still, proceed across my face, I leave no trace.My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

River

capitalism is out of control in general, but it's not Trump that needs to deal with it.. he's the example of why capitalism lost control..

Edited by River
I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Economy
On 8/14/2018 at 7:06 PM, River said:

capitalism is out of control in general, but it's not Trump that needs to deal with it.. he's the example of why capitalism lost control..

We have chrony Capitalism now instead of the original Capitalism say of the 1950s

It's very damaging

jesse_batista
  • Like 3

Economy
On 8/14/2018 at 7:06 PM, River said:

We have chrony Capitalism now instead of the original Capitalism say of the 1950s

It's very damaging!

jesse_batista
  • Like 1

Woolfsmck
2 hours ago, Economy said:

It's very damaging

Militarily industry dominates gov. financial policy in the US.  Politicians try to conceal it tho.  

like a cat in a sil, I watch life, moving&still, proceed across my face, I leave no trace.My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

That J

We need an overhaul from the inside out.  If a president is doing fine and the people still want them, stay for 19 years! Ya get the nation going one way again, takes 8 years to get it there then ya vote the other side in, 4-8 years to dismantle all the good done by the other, vote them out, change back, 8 years to fix, 8 to dismantle...over and over and over!

Its DUMB.  Not to mention cush congress and how they can get paid to literally block each other from doing anything for years and years and decades.  

It's all become nothing more than a tug of war and meanwhile middle American is stuck in place, health care is bananas, the majority is in full debt by the time they are 21 and well over half the country cant afford to live based off the amount they are paid. 

Idk the solution but I do know the consensus and the feel right now. Temperatures are high and this is reaching a head that will explode in a huge capacity one day. 

Vote.org

Edited by That J
If I could melt ur heart...we'd never be apart.

Economy
4 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

Militarily industry dominates gov. financial policy in the US.  Politicians try to conceal it tho.  

That's definitely an issue

That's a lot of financial resources and labor devoted to a sector that does not produce an industrial physical good or a service that can can consumed

It doesn't improve people's quality of life, and it's terrible for making that trade deficit Trump hates so much worse

jesse_batista

Woolfsmck

Not entirely...the companies that get gov. contracts, (Boeing) have employees who spend their wayeatinthe cities they live in, 

Plus our allies love to buy the eqiptment for their countries militarily 

Domestic spending suffers and policy is less flexible ...

Also, gov. Contractors aren't necessarily exposed to the normal supply and demand dynamic that fuel price regulations and quality....so some stuff costs way more than is should, wasting tax payers money.

Woolfsmck

Not entirely...the companies that get gov. contracts, (Boeing) have employees who spend their wages in the cities they live in, 

Also, gov. Contractors aren't necessarily exposed to the normal supply and demand dynamic that fuel price regulations and quality....so some stuff costs way more than is should, wasting tax payers money.

Edited by Woolfsmck

Economy
2 hours ago, Woolfsmck said:

Not entirely...the companies that get gov. contracts, (Boeing) have employees who spend their wages in the cities they live in, 

What I mean is that its not output from a productive thing. 

Those "employees" from boeing for example could spend the money just as easily if the government wrote them that check for doing nothing. Either way their consumption is dependent on tax dollars and their output is not a service that can be sold

I'm just saying, Military to a reasonable spending degree I understand for defense but there's not real economic gain from overspending on it

You can get the same economic Ripley effect with infrastructure spending and give contracts to construction companies Instead and build something that actually brings benefit to the Countries functional state and in turn competitiveness

jesse_batista

Woolfsmck
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

What I mean is that its not output from a productive thing. 

Those "employees" from boeing for example could spend the money just as easily if the government wrote them that check for doing nothing. Either way their consumption is dependent on tax dollars and their output is not a service that can be sold

I'm just saying, Military to a reasonable spending degree I understand for defense but there's not real economic gain from overspending on it

You can get the same economic Ripley effect with infrastructure spending and give contracts to construction companies Instead and build something that actually brings benefit to the Countries functional state and in turn competitiveness

I agree, more beneficial production from domestic spending....but corruption in political leaders clouds the chances of this. 

• Sad 1

andreas85
17 hours ago, Economy said:

It's very damaging!

"Crony capitalism" is a redundant term because all capitalism is crony in nature. USA wasn't really a "capitalist state" in the 1950s. It was more like a fascist police state that silenced and imprisoned dissidents and banned political parties. The 1950s USA surely supported some pro-market economy policies but market economy and capitalism are two different things. Capitalism is an ideology that advocates giving all the power to unaccountable private tyrants and that's why it is a terrible idea.

• Like 1

TheodoreRx
13 minutes ago, andreas85 said:

"Crony capitalism" is a redundant term because all capitalism is crony in nature. USA wasn't really a "capitalist state" in the 1950s. It was more like a fascist police state that silenced and imprisoned dissidents and banned political parties. The 1950s USA surely supported some pro-market economy policies but market economy and capitalism are two different things. Capitalism is an ideology that advocates giving all the power to unaccountable private tyrants and that's why it is a terrible idea.

:legend:Preach it

• Like 1

Woolfsmck
2 hours ago, andreas85 said:

State controlled economiies are no less tyrannical or morally superior...the people have no incentive to produce either ...

Edited by Woolfsmck
  • Like 1